Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Shadowborn for Nurse?

Is it necessary, wasted slot or good one for the nurse?

Comments

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Amazing.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Monitor & Abuse overshadows it imho. The increased FOV is nice but the reduced terror radius? That is pure sadism.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Its one of the most used perks for Nurse mains, so no its not a wasted slot.

Its a bit TOO overused to be honest, but for good reasons.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Shadowborn is really good. Like ridiculously good on Nurse.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

I know a lot of people who got sucked into shadowborn who regret it. Its good but you can play just as well without it.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

I don't play with Sally (The Nurse), but it should work well, by my opinion.

Considering the option to have other Perks, it's one of the worst Perks to pick up for her, just like Brutal Strength, and such ones.

You do need stronger Perks, if you want to win, but for simply a kind of relaxing gameplay, to throw the stress out of your head, it could work well, if you preffer higher field of view than the default one.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

It is amazing, it counters the darkness you get

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

1. Ur blinking will be feeling weird, especially attacking. But u get used to it fast

2. It's amazing. U will keep track on survivors much better during blinking behind walls etc, especially with low fps (I'm talking with experience)

3. Once u got used to it on Nurse, u can't play without anymore lol

It makes playing Nurse much more enjoyable. And once u r a beast with Nurse, u don't really care what perks u have besides bbq cuz u will slaughter, so every perk is a flex or a bonus.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Poweas

Yes, it's great on her but I try not to use it because it saves me a perk slot.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

I haven't played Wraith to make it teachable but M&A is mandatory for her with me. A lower terror radius means you get the drop on them easier.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Shadowborn is only good on Nurse and its pretty good too.

Unless you run nurses calling, then you run monitor and abuse like everyone else.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Its amazing on Nurse. Also doubles as a way to fight motion sickness from the constant blinking.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

Shadowborn is pretty decent, but since the Doctor's launch, M&A got its place. Here is the new build after the End Game Collapse update. (Whispers is no longer needed).

Ruin, Nurses Calling, Monitor and Abuse, BBQ.

I've played with Shadowborn for a looong time and tested it on hundreds of matches with and without its changes, but in the end, the results showed that my matches were MUCH easier when i was using M&A.

Having a reduced TR helps a lot when you are using Nurses Calling, you can also blink on top of survivors before they even have the time to start running because of that reduced TR and dont forget that everytime you go on fatigue the sounds for survivors gets REALLY messed up making them confused which leads for several mistakes on most cases.

If your are wondering, Nurse is the reason for me to still playing this game until nowdays, im a Legacy 3 Nurse main and probably has about 50-60% of my total playtime being only Nurse, Nurse and more PAIN! (2k+ hours)

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Shadowborn is the best you can use with nurse. When you blink across a wall without shadowborn, makes you difficult to see where to go, but with shadowborn you can even see if the survivor is trying to mindgame you by running backwards

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

Nice, less 5 degree than shadowborn but the TR is worth more than that. I hate it when people keep hiding when I'm playing her

• Poweas

@NMCKE tbh,, Nurse doesn't require perk slots. She's THAT strong. I used to run Deerstalker, A Nurses calling (my only serious perk), Bitter murmur and Shadowborn. You can kind of meme around with the perks.

I still 4k'd effortlessly at rank 1 because of her insane pressure and strength.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

If Ruin wasn't a must have then I'd use it on everybody, maybe Monitor and Abuse instead of Shadowborn on certain Killers. I don't generally care about winninh but still, I also don't want games to be less than 5 minutes because you lose alot of BP which I care about the most in this game

• NMCKE

@Poweas

She doesn't need perks, you're right. In fact, when I was learning Nurse, I didn't use any add-ons or perks to help me learn her (except I would occasionally use Fragile Wheeze or Metal Spoon + Dull Bracelet). I love Nurse because she let's me give survivors what they want while I can have fun. It's a win-win. :)

I don't tunnel because she's really strong (and if I accidentally do, I'll just slug them so I have some momentum).

I don't camp because she is strong enough to give every survivor their 3 hook states (but if I see a survivor near the hook, I'm not just going to give the unhook to them. They need to respect my presence or else your not going to be unhooking anyone).

Finally, I don't know if it's just me, but I will always give the last survivor either the exit gates/hatch because I love giving mercy to the survivors for some reason! 🙂

• Poweas

@NMCKE yeah I do pretty much all of that. Except I kill the last guy and only give hatch if they deserve it.

Obviously, as Spirit I follow completely different rules. I shamelessly tunnel, camp if exit gates are powered (although it's rare for me to get to gates) or I camp if I saw someone and try to find them and I rarely give hatch/exit gate.

Idk, I'm rusty as Nurse now, if I went into a game rn, I'd get curbstomped.

• NMCKE

@Poweas

That's all cool, sometimes you have to tunnel or camp. No worries, just play by your rules! :)

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695
    edited May 2019

@PoweasCan you give me some tips to find urban evading survivors?

All the time my BBQ doesn't show up and I know someone would be close but can't find them, nurse is slow as well, as soon as I blink away, they got the rescue and the rescuer hiding again, I hate tunnel but what can I do when I only see the hooked one.

• Poweas

@NMCKE I used to play by survivor rules but I made a thread about something being toxic and scummy, check it out and after that thread, I gave up on survivor rules.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243

If you’re having this trouble recently it may be because they’re hiding in a locker, not necessarily nearby.

• Poweas

@PeenutsButt3r honestly, I just got used to tracking by blinking around. Just look one direction, and flick it last second if you think they're there. It's similar to Spirit where you face another direction, and phase to them.

Honestly, it just comes from experience.