Iron Maiden and Head-On

Options
ReikoMori
ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

So a player on the forum named Rullisi has stumbled onto something interesting. Iron Maiden counters Head-On.

@Rullisi I'm borrowing your link. https://plays.tv/video/5ce77e00047062a4f8/bs

If you watch the clip you'll see Rullisi enter the locker against a huntress and see that head-on has turned active. With the huntress standing directly in front of the locker Rullisi rushes out, but stops in their tracks to scream from Iron Maiden. One would believe that Head-on should have happened instead. That's the best part, they both require special animation actions. It seems to me as the game can't have you do both so it does Iron Maiden's instead. IM needs a survivor to exit the locker and scream out their location in the same moment. Head-on needs the charging rush animation for the stun to happen. Looking at the clip you can see that Rullisi didn't even get exhausted just exposed from iron maiden. That means Iron Maiden completely overrides Head-On.

Comments

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Calm spirit prevents the scream.

• ReikoMori
    edited May 2019
    Options

Here is the question though, does calm spirit prevent iron made from preventing Head-On? Because it stops the scream, but does it keep them from hard stopping in front of the locker when they gain the exposed condition.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    Options

Head On doesn't actually really work at all so nobody uses it anyway? kind of an interesting factoid that a completely useless perk that never works can be 'countered' but with Head On in the state it is, kind of makes it a tad moot.

• ReikoMori
    Options

I've experience head-on working plenty as in I've been hit by a fair bit when I wasn't aware someone had jumped in the locker.

• BillSimmons
    BillSimmons Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74
    Options

With the same matchup (vs Huntress with Iron Maiden) Head on worked for me. I stunned the Huntress in one of the basements on Preschool, after hearing the scream.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options
    • Wait in locker for the designated period of time
    • Exit locker in a sprint with Killer just out of locker opening range
    • Head On does nothing
    • Killer grabs you out of locker
    • Perk fails to do it's job
    • Survivor ditches perk and takes one that works

• ReikoMori
    Options

That's a bad timing issue. The devs even stated as such. Head On has a very short range, but a longer width at the sides.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2019
    Options

Never had opportunity to test that case, but I run calm spirit and the one time I came out of a locker with iron maiden in effect I did not scream or notice any animation/movement stall. The only reason I knew iron maiden was in effect is that I noticed I was exposed.