Own Your Potato

Options
Schwifty
Schwifty Member Posts: 70

Hello all my name is Schwifty and I am a potato.

I have graciously created a safe place for all my fellow potato-kin to shrug off any burdensome egos they feel forced to hump around and just. . . let go!

Let me be the first to admit that I am an absolutely terrible Survivor and an even worse Killer but I'm having fun anyway!

I have become one with the potato, I have accepted it, released control unto the universe and am far happier for it and I welcome any who feel they also want to just let it all go do the same.

And you know what? despite it all against all odds a fair amount of the time I somehow manage to pull off a not too shabby half arsed job!

I'm living prove that Potatos can have fun too!

😀

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I have potato moments if that counts.

• Schwifty
    Options

@TreemanXD Yes that totally counts, and realizing that what makes those moments great is the ability to laugh at them and ourselves. The instant we start taking ourselves less seriously is the instant that everything just becomes so much more fun, easy and enjoyable!

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94
    Options

*walks in with tail between legs*

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options
  • RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options

I took a break from DbD for 5-6 months (I kinda lost track honestly) and only recently came back.

"I have potato blood running through my veins," sums up my gameplay lately.

• LPS11
    LPS11 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Everyone has potato moments, I got so pissed at myself one day I called myself a potato in my gamertag and it's still there now I never changed it back, I've had quite a few killers tell me the name is misleading but when I do have my bad moments it feels nice for it to be there because I'm already insulting myself what else can you really say about it

• Schwifty
    edited May 2019
    Options

So I was derping about the Yamaoka Estate on my Survivor when as chance would have it I happened upon a -Dull Key-

Now I've never managed to meet the requirements of getting this key to open a black lock in all my 395 hours on Survivor (the rest on Killer?)

I spent the entire match looking for this damn lock and the Doctor kept finding me. Hooked me twice, all I ended up doing was rescuing people while everyone else worked on gens.

Finally someone popped the last gen and I run to the nearest exit gate when Doc pops out of nowhere and I'm in a crummy loop that's doomed to fail in say, 10 seconds?

Did I mention the next hit I'm down?

All of a sudden out of nowhere after searching the entire match THERE'S THE HATCH! So I click on it and escape just as the Doc hits me a second time which would have downed me for the hook.

Total tin ass lol!

Post edited by Schwifty on
  • Donnyc
    Donnyc Member Posts: 47
    Options

I was such a potato one game a Huntress felt sorry for me. I almost had a gen completed and I missed three quick skill checks one right after the other. I was laughing so hard I forgot to let go of the button. Two more missed skill checks latter the huntress shows up and hits me in the face with a hatchet, shakes her head and walks a way.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

My name says it all

• Schwifty
    Options

@Boosted_Dwight I wouldn't feel so bad.

"Boosted" - to 'appropriate' software via dubious means:

The 80's.

Back when "Boosting" copies of retro doom for your mates to use in a LAN war tournament in your school's old 486 PC lab in your lunch break made you a total legend.

Re-claiming that word for the software piracy legends who ruled the high seas well before the internet was even invented one meme at a time.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options
  • MissFlauschig
    MissFlauschig Member Posts: 5
    Options

Dearest potato-friends,

I'm quite new to this game (58h) and am a very sad potato right now. I'm failing at repairing, running, hiding, basically everything.

I always get frustrated when a seemingly good team fails only because of me. So I wanted to ask, if there are other people like me who would want to play as a proud potato team and have fun together? Without judging or being mean to each other?

Or am I completely wrong in this thread? :D

With fluffy regards

Miss Flauschig

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

I potato hard as spirit