Flashlight needs a rework or update

Options
23flash
23flash Member Posts: 74

Flashlights are probably in the bottom % of used items by survivors. The chances you hit a killer in a chase etc are slim especially when they see it and just move their head around. I think it needs a rework to how the beam works. I am not saying it needs a buff or something to make it to where you stun every time, I'm just saying a more effective use like with the party starters and fireworks effectiveness would be nice. Thoughts?

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Flashlights aren't particularly a good choice at lower ranks, but at higher ranks they do come out. Also a single person with a light isn't as effective as two people with lights. Lights are also not meant to be reactionary defense tools except against Wraith and Nurse.

• Banshee
    Banshee Member Posts: 31
    Options

I think they're fine. No, they aren't the strongest item, but they're good when dropping pallets on the killer, and sometimes you can sneak in a flashlight save. Don't use them at low ranks.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Idk, I like having lrger blind duration - it messes up a lot of killers...especially if you have iron will.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Flashlights are weak?

Compared to what?

Maps, Toolboxes? Green Keys?

There are 3 overpowered items for survivors.

Flashlights, Purple Keys and Instaheal Medkits.

90% of survivors run self care, so scrap normal medkits.

Flashlights can be used to distract killers, to blind them on pallets, vaults, etc. up to 10 times a row.

it extremely benefits survivors in chases.

They also can be used to save people from the killers grasp.

Learn how to do it, then do it and suceed.

= Powerful item

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    Options

Lmao, literally the best Item in game and you still complain.

Learn the timing, don't waste time trying to flash everytime and do gens.

Only use it when you are acidentally at perfect spot. Following killers arround is a way straight into 0gens done game. It may look good on montages, but its not worth. Thx The Entity for Twatchido and people trying to mimic him, failing miserably.

• 23flash
    Options

that's why it's the least used item by survivors right? because its better than anything in the game even killer perks and add ons according to your logic and slobbering over it in that post lol

• 23flash
    Options

dang best item in the game? couldnt tell that with the stats on it being the least used item in the game and the fact that on an average of blood webs you real receive a chance to get more flashlight and flashlight add ons than any other survivor item. dang flashlights so op at every rank a minimum of 3 survivors escape 90% of the time if at least 3 of them have flashlights. bruh thanks for letting me know lol

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Low use does not make something weak. If Commodious Toolbox wasn't being used by people does that make it a weak item? If you don't know how to use a flashlight it's useless. That's why it has a low use rate.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    Options

@mcNuggets I've been playing since 2016 and I have managed to meet all the requirements of being able to use a purple keyall of once. And that was actually today because of the EGC change.

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75
    Options

When I became a more talented survivor, I was able to stun the killer and flashlight save. Around the same time the plague came out the flashlight was nerfed and i haven't been able to save since.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2019
    Options

the flashlight was nerfed way before the plague came out bro. like way before. the only thing that changed recently was the affect the killer would get, from a white screen to a red and black screen, but nothing else changed then besides that.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Watch zubat using a flashlight and then come back and tell us again how weak they are ;)

A flashlight has also a psychological effect to many Killers. The thread alone that a survivor has this item, might effect his gameplay.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited May 2019
    Options

Flashlight was nerfed before I even started playing, which was last year. It certainly wasn't nerfed during Plague.

Flashlights most powerful item in the game? LOL some people are drinking some really awesome Kool Aid.

Flashlights are only useful in very specific scenarios, and you have to be in just the right place to use them. Flashlight saves on killers carrying survivors is extremely hard to do, you can't just do it and it requires not just accuracy with the flashlight, but timing to know when to flick it on to get the beam to focus, and some game sense anticipating where the killer will be vulnerable to use it.

For saves it's very difficult. It's easiest to use them during chases - specifically when a killer vaults a window or when he tries to break a pallet. Any other time it's basically useless.

Its most common use actually is getting the attention of a survivor who for some reason can't see you.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

@Schwifty and how often do you bother equiping the purple key to begin with? Its easy to say your never get it to work if you never bother using one.

• Hawkzy
    Hawkzy Member Posts: 17
    Options

No they are not. People can chain blind people which is already broken enough.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Flashlights are anything but weak.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Flashlights as an item are very controversial..against hag their extremely overpowered, plus killers can be blinded without ever seeing the light in their fov..making this item stronger or even giving it more utility is very dangerous

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Flashlight are in a good spot. Just because they exist it doesn't mean it should be a save every time killer picks up a survivor. And they are effective if you use perks like iron will, quick and quiet, dance with me, lucky break etc

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Oh wow I didn't even realize when I responded to the guy who necro'd.

HOLY NECRO!

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

lol Tell that to whoever decided to scroll down a year ago and revive it

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2020
    Options

I feel like were playing different games. I see people run flashlights all the time. In fact i bet at least 90% of my games at least 1 survivor has one.

And youre not supposed to be able to turn around in the middle of a chase and blind the killer. That would be a buff and would be stupid af. Drop a pallet, use it while theyre breaking it, or go for flashlight saves. Those are your options and believe me theyre more than enough

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

I personally have more an issue with the addons. Besides 3-4 addons they are all garbage or just not good enough to be used. They need to rework and buff them. Or simply remove them from the bloodweb pool.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Ikr, I wonder who is that bored, I just checked the forums and saw this thread, opened it and saw the date

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

They probably googled something and this thread came up

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

flashlights are fine

in the right hands they can be powerful, but not overpowered

in bad hands (and only in the hands of ppl that dont know how to use them) they’re one of the worst items in the game

• Azeroth
    Azeroth Member Posts: 66
    Options

There should be a point on your screen like in fps games when u aiming