Epic matchmaking has returned!

Options
Sythalin
Sythalin Member Posts: 280

I swear, the more time passes the more incompetent this studio gets.

Comments

• Adonisadon234
    Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147
    Options
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

You only get good matchmaking against solos. Swf still seems able to exploit with low rank teammates.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

You’re being so dramatic for only 3 rank difference. I usually get to rank 1 on both survivors and killer. Lately with all these games coming out I’ve been playing less of dbd so I’ve been getting deranked with rank reset but that doesn’t mean that because I’m a rank 10 killer doesn’t mean I don’t have the skill or knowledge of a rank 1.

i say rank 1-10 or even 1-15 should all be grouped together for a faster matchmaking.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

I am just ranking up again killerwise.

I am use to seeing HUGE gaps in rank on the survivor side usually thanks to SwF.

But now...shoot, unless I manually check the profiles rank doesn't tell me poop anymore.

• Sythalin
    Options

I've been getting deranked with rank reset

Everyone does, unless somehow you've been magically keeping your ranks after every reset.

or even 1-15 should be grouped together

So, basically eliminate rank brackets and let the R1s farm R15s all day, just like the old days. Hell, why not go a step further? R1s ONLY match against R15s - the least amount of players against the largest!

I'm honestly trying to figure out if this was just pure troll response or if you're actually being serious.

• Sythalin
    Options

You’re being so dramatic for only 3 rank difference.

Oh, you're totally right, because wider gaps never happen. Oh wait, what's this....?

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

yep. i faced a rank 17 killer while i'm a rank 5 survivor. epic right?

• Sythalin
    Options

Still going strong!

• Sythalin
    Options

Man, so glad that the matchmaking is balanced!

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited May 2019
    Options

Once got paired witha bunch of rank15er as rank 1 ... Funny match to say atleast.

• Sythalin
    Options

And it keeps going!

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Sythalin

The majority of times I get this kind of matchmaking, its when the survivors are queuing up in SWF groups. Whoever is the host of the SWF team is the deciding factor in what rank of killer they get matched up with. So if its a high rank host with a low rank friend(s), they all get matched with a high rank killer, and the same can be said if the host is low rank and their friends are high rank. This is yet another reason SWF can sometimes feel broken as it can cause this kind of unbalanced matchmaking.

Take the screenshot above for example: the 13 and 6 could be 1 two person swf group, and the 9 and other 13 another, but both had the lowest ranked member be the host of their groups, which matched them up with you as you were the killer available closest to the hosts rank. This is especially noticeable on the weekends and during events because lots of players jump on with their friends.

I'm not saying that this is always the case, but it does seem to be the leading factor in this kind of wacky and unbalanced matchmaking.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

@TWiXT

The problem is I have experienced this as well the past few days; with me being Rank 6 on Survivor against a Rank 15 Killer, while other Survivors are around Yellow/Green Ranks. And, yes, I am solo. And all Survivors joined at different times inside the lobby.

• Sythalin
    Options

Really?

• Sythalin
    Options

Sigh

• Sythalin
    Options

What. In. The. Actual. #########.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

It's because of SWF it's harder to balance a match by rank when the SWF group is not close in rank. It sucks but what can they really do.

Give the option to only accept randoms in lobby and search times would be even more insane.

Make it so SWF has to be close in rank to play with friends and that ruins the experience to play with your friends.

Show rank in lobby and lobby dodging would increase.

Then you have the "git gud" argument which is lame because not everyone plays the game to be obsessed with rank. Some people just want to have fun and not everyone is at the same skill level.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019
    Options

There's a 6 level gap between 4 and 10. That's big enough of a gap to matter.

• Red ranks should only be able to group with other Red ranks and the cusp of Purple ranks and vice versa.
    • Purple ranks should only be able to group with other Purple ranks and the cusp of Green ranks and vice versa.
    • Green ranks should only be able to group with other Green ranks and the cusp of Yellow ranks and vice versa.
    • Yellow ranks should only be able to group with other Yellow, Brown ranks and vice versa.

Red ranked players should never be seen in Yellow ranked matches. That's just stupid.

• Sythalin
    Options

FYI, I'm running solo, so there's that....

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Ok? 4 Ranks of difference, and the killer has like, level 1 perks omegalul, such a challenge, be careful.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited May 2019
    Options

Could be worse. At least you didn't deal with this SWF garbage.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Options

Get good or go home ! It's not like you are a Rank 20 / 19

• Sythalin
    Options

Been R1 killer and survivor, how about you? This is about matchmaking, not one's skill. Take your internet machismo back to the playground with your buddies where it belongs.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

Purple ranks should never be allowed in with Yellow ranks because the lower ranks are more likely to be new players who are more likely to be dissuaded from playing if exposed to toxic Survivors / Killers from the higher ranks. And less new players means less revenue means less content means rip dbd

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Doesn't this already happen though? rank reset being every month, plus increased pip difficulty for survivors means the edge between yellow and green (14/13) are filled with depipped skilled survivors. On the old ranking system at rank 13 I would purely encounter potatoes, now I am seeing survivors that know how to loop, how to 360 (on console), how to bait vaults, using DH,DS,MoM and adrenaline (sometimes all 4). If I were a legitimately new killer going up against this all the time I don't think I'd be that motivated to continue...and it's probably the same on the reverse.