Advice for NOOBS and NEW PLAYERS: NO SELF CARE

Options
_LC
_LC Member Posts: 105

hey guys :) would you like to be good at the game? Are you trying to be better and have some fun while maybe escaping more? you came to the right place.

RULE NUMBER 1: forget self care, or at least learn how to use it. Self caring in the corner is how you LOSE games, trust me. You lose so much time you don't even udnerstand how bad it is. Sometimes healing urself is good, but not all the time . Try to search for teammates, try to do a gen in a safe spot so that if the killer come to you, you can loop him/evade.

Learn to know where people are, so you can search for them and get some heals, don't be afraid of being injured and don't hide all the time. hiding is good, being in a bush all game kills your teammates.

Got it memorized? :)

Comments

• Arturo990
    Arturo990 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Self care is op wdym :o

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

RULE NUMBER 3: If you can't find teammates, it's best to have the perk BOND so you could find your teammates so they can heal you.

• _LC
    Options

wat? that's the opposite dude. People with self care can't be injured for half a second, i usually spend most of the time injured, and that can be a bad thing obviously, healing is ######### important. im not ranting for no reasons, im simply tired of seeing two of my teammates self caring with no real purposes in the corners of the map. Im not syaing self caring is absolute trash, im saying that u can wait and heal where it's more efficient and spend the rest of the time rescuing people/doing totems gens and so on and so forth.

For your interest, if i run around injured, do something, then find you at another gen and you heal me the team automatically gained time, which is the key

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

If you are a player who enjoys getting chased (but maybe hasn't figured out all the best map safe spots) take Self Care.

If you are a player who prefers to stay hidden and do gens without being caught (you better be doing gens!) just take a med kit as you most likely won't get more than 1-2 heals off in the match anyway.

I'm a player who prefers to avoid conflict simply because I enjoy getting things done without ever being seen (I am the ghost) and typically don't get hit. You can still get boldness from cleansing totems.

• _LC
    Options

People took this at a personal level haha wow.

My point was to give an advice to newer players that waste a lot of time and don't know what's efficient and what's not, hope you got it

Use self care, no problems. Waste a ######### ton of time and screw up the whole team by always being somewhere else selfcaring, that's a problem.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

With how many people run sloppy butcher I wouldn’t recommend sc.

• Arturo990
    Arturo990 Member Posts: 7
    Options

@MegaWaffle oh god typical claudette p3 main with urban and sprint. Chase start: " go down instantly" "every single pallet down in 1 sec" u are that kinda a player lol the worst :)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

considering that we are talking about NEW players here, this is not a good piece of advice.

yes, high level players win like that. i know that. new players on the other hand are neigther good at looping, nor at hiding well, so telling them to be oneshot AND be louder for the rest of the match is the wrong advice. chases would just end asap and they would get comepletely dominated.

and yes, if there is a mate around they should not selfcare but instead heal with their friend, definitely. but if no one is around, there is nothing wrong with selfcareing.

also, if they have adrenaline and there is only 1 gen left, they shouldnt selfcare and instead fix the gen, agreed.

your strategy only works on survivors who are at least decent at looping. new players however dont even know that looping is a thing (at first) and are really bad at it, once they do find out about it. being injured is just a hinderance for the min these situations.

TL;DR: good strategy for decent - good survivors. some points i agree on (healing with a mate instead of both selfcareing next to each other, fix the gen if you have adrenaline), but overall this will be a hinderence for newer players.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Lol, yes, don't ever bring self care. Also, don't heal against Legion or use fountains against Plague. All excellent survivor advice.

Mwahahahahahaa

• frozen_in_shadow
    frozen_in_shadow Member Posts: 50
    Options

I run self care because 1 person off ges is better than two off gens to heal. Plus I run BT and I prefer to be healthy when I go in for the save.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I am slowly starting to move away from self care aswell. Ever since i got DBD back in September of 2017 selfcare has always been in my builds 99% of the time. Only recently have i uncovered the true glory of not healing. Just run Adrenaline and slam the gens as hard as you can. I also make it a point to run We'll Make It. Practically instaheal your team mates off the hook so you are ready to go. If you must heal yourself in a pinch you can always bring a medkit with you.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@ClogWench You know how many times i regret not taking Self Care at the 1v1 before EGC?

But at the same time i'm getting injured 24/7 soooo

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

Alert aura reading to ping the Killers location + keep switching gens once the previous gen you tapped goes off = never have to mend so don't need self care.

• MistressChara
    MistressChara Member Posts: 112
    Options
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Been playing since day 1 PS4 release , I'm far from "that player". ^.^

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

I mean I don't use self-care ( I replace it with some other perk to help find teammates like empathy/Bond ) but starting off its quite nice, just don't get too addicted to it.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,678
    Options

Rule #1: ignore this dude.

• SavageClaudette
    SavageClaudette Member Posts: 11
    Options

A lot of survivors play super immersed and also are unable to loop properly so their save haven is to have full health so they don't die instantly. I personally grew out of the SC phase when I seen how good survivors play, and they don't use SC.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Here's my point of view.

DONT heal me.

I'll Heal Myself.

While you do Gens.

and Once I am done Healing.

I'll help with gens.

= EZ Escape.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options
  • Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

Then get messages about how much you suck and let the team down.

• roxasXIII
    roxasXIII Member Posts: 3
    Options

Honestly I ise self care all the time mainly because I play solo but the main reason I use it is because I use resilence i 99 myself so I can use it on gems and I dont waste time trying to find a corner if the killer isnt on me then I heal right away I dont really rely on re resilence for the repair speed I mainly use it for the vault speed

• roxasXIII
    roxasXIII Member Posts: 3
    Options

Also I'd like to add that inner strength Nancy's perk is way better then selfcare so if you dont like healing with self care then inner strength is better and you can also mix it with head on so if you don't have enough time to activate it then head on the killer

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

Can you guys stop resurrecting dead threads? Lol

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

I'll be honest... I've had more ppl use self care in purple ranks

So I'd agree to the extent on "there's a time and place" for it to work

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

It cuts out travel time and is more efficient in terms of completing gens due to coop penalty mechanics. So while the healing itself is exactly as fast baring other perks, it still is a significant efficiency improvement.

Especially in solo que where people often just don't heal you for whatever reason.

When compared to other self healing perks it's the most reliable and reusable but also the slowest.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
  • LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Still feel like finding a teammate or 2 is still the better choice so you dont spend so much time selfcaring and get caught out while injured. You're spending ALOT of time possibly being a target with nurses calling or something. Imagine spending 30 seconds healing, just for the killer to interrupt you and all that time being for naught.