Endgame Killer Strategy

Options

Ever had trouble finding the last survivor after downing the 3rd one? Don't like running whispers? Well don't worry because I have a strategy that should make it far easier to find the final survivor a lot of the time. This should work on any killer regardless of your build, but deerstalker makes it slightly easier.

Step 1:

Slug the 3rd survivor. No that's not the trick, people slug the 3rd survivor all time and it doesn't trivialize finding the 4th survivor on it's own, but in order for this to work you need a slugged survivor.

Step 2:

Wait for the slugged survivor to start crawling. Once they do walk in front of where they are crawling to. Repeat until they keep crawling in the same direction after you've moved

Step 3:

Head in the direction the 3rd survivor is crawling until you find the 4th survivor.

This takes advantage of the fact that downed Survivors will see the other survivor's auras. The idea is that a slugged survivor will try and get to another survivor in order to be healed. If you see which way they are going in then you know which direction another survivor is in. During normal gameplay it isn't worth slugging a survivor just for this information, it takes to long. However if it is the last survivor then you should have plenty of time.

Disclaimer: I have only actually tested this twice. It worked both times but 2 times is not enough to guarantee consistency

Comments

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019
    Options

Same, or I just move to some random spot, wait for them to look for the other survivor and try to hide and recover again (no point staying where the killer last saw you because they're baiting and teammates can sometimes sneak in a heal if you pull this off right, I also shake side to side as if shaking my head, stop immediately or spin if the killer is near me)

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

Yeah like @Tzeentchling9 said this trick is likely only gonna work on lower ranking survivors or just ones that don't have enough common sense to see what you are trying to do. Either way it is still a strategy and I have done it a few times myself.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,432
    Options

I just figured this was common sense to everyone.

This is also why i literally crawl in the opposite direction hoping the killer is dumb enough to fall for it (usually does).

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

If I'm slugged when I'm on Survivor I just take one for the team by making sure I crawl away from my team mates so the Killer wastes their time looking in a direction they don't need to be looking in while everyone else is repairing gens.

Just saying.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

Yeah, I always crawl away from teammates if the killer's watching.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

This. If my teammate played normal, I'll crawl in the opposite direction to give them a better chance at survival.