Why camp 1st hook ?

Options
drunky26
drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Rank 7, got downed first by a Leatherface, wasn't toxic or being an as****e, the chase lasted like 1 min and he decided to camp me on my first hook, also the first hook of the match. Like why? Why do you do this? And my teammates did nothing except run around the hook as if they're about to unhook but they didn't.

I'll never understand this playstyle. Only reason for camping that I can think of is to make the player's match horrible. I depipped but I don't care about my rank, I just wanna have fun.

I understand camping at the end when all the gens are done so you wanna secure your kill but camping FIRST hook of the match? That's something else.

Also purple ranks, you can't tell me he's a noob killer or whatever, he was rank 8.

Comments

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Some people get salty if you give them a long chase I guess.

maybe they’ve never played survivor and don’t understand how It feels.

part of this lies with your team though, if 2-3 of them are hovering it doesn’t make sense for him to give them a free save.

• drunky26
    edited May 2019
    Options

It was 1 min, that's not a long chase.

And he camped me long before any of my teammates came up to me. So it's not like he was camping cause my whole team was around, I can understand that.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Do it for the lulz

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

If you don't like it, don't get caught

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Perhaps he's used to downing people in a matter of seconds so that 1 minute chase kinda worked against his ego OR he wins by camping all the time because people often tend to sneak around the hook for minutes instead of doing generators.

I got camped by a Leatherface first hook as well a couple weeks ago and every survivor stopped doing gens and just watched me dying on the hook for 2 minutes straight. That's when/why camping works unfortunately.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I've never understood camping either. You gain nothing but angry post game comments. While you're camping the hook, everyone else is getting generators done. Apparently it also never occurred to hook campers that you actually gain more points by hooking survivors multiple times, among other things like chases, hits, breaking pallets and generators, etc.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Options

Because your teammates didn't do gens and decided to dance around the hook. EZ game for him.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

1min is a long chase. Though that it is the killer's fault for investing nearly a gen and quarter's worth of time. Also you have to consider that the player is playing LF whose better at playing defensively around someone whose hooked than pressuring the map.

Despite his ability to down multiple people instantly he's not particularly good at applying pressure to the game unless people start start dying early. Also most players are not going to rush in for the save only to at best swap places with you if you've given them borrowed time.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Except the others don’t do gens. Anytime I get camped I see my team all around for a rescue attempt. Meaning the killer ties up everyone’s time with oen hook.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

"angry post game comments" is the reason I play this game XD I love to make survivors miserable, so much miserable that they feel compelled to write those comments to try to get rid of that owefull sensation of shame and despair they experience but to no avail. It is so funny

• regnam
    regnam Member Posts: 35
    Options

You answered your own question when you typed "leatherface".

• drunky26
    Options

Yeah it crossed my mind once or twice....

love how i got 2 downvotes lol, possibly by 2 sad leatherface players.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

People camp for various reasons.

Normally you are right that it is a rank issue. often rank 13-20 camp more often because they don't know how to chase, know the maps or even the killers well enough and at that rank survivors potato and try in vain to rescue and fail thus giving wins and false hope to bad killers.

At higher ranks killers will get gen rushed while the survivor takes a GG for the team and the killer will be tbagged at the gates and lose all his points for 1 kill.

The reason bubba camps is a bit different, he can melt multiple survivors with his chainsaw, so he is counting on the survivors going to save their friends. The reality like above don't play into his hands and everyone should smack gens down while the one player hangs.

The only other reason you get camped is from being toxic, really good and frustrating the killer, making him/her so angry they just want you dead. Or if you get hook farmed and the killer only sees you having been rescued, so he takes you down as a result. Its not the killers fault in this case, its the poor save.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Leatherface is the best camper in the game, so it's standard strategy for him to camp.

Camping is also really good strategy and makes sense, because most survivors are altruistic, and will net you easy kills as Leatherface.

Also, no matter what you say the best strategy to slow down the game is to tunnel one survivor and eliminate him as quickly as possible, and campoing lends to that.

• drunky26
    edited May 2019
    Options

I do agree, he is the best camper.

But camping isn't a strategy at all. If the survivors are any good, they'll just fly by gens and the killer will MAYBE get that 1 kill, and it depends on how the other survivors play it.

And tunneling one survivor is the worst thing you can do, it means 3 survivors are basically free to do anything, no ones pressuring them which means they'll just do gens obviously and get out.

Best way to slow the game down is to put pressure on survivors, you hook one, find another and hook him aswell. This is why bbq on billy is devastating. It happened multiple times to me while playing killer that this cycle repeats until one is dead and 0 gens get done because they're forced to unhook and save each other.

This just shows how little you know about the game and it's people like you that think noed is balanced and will camp/tunnel and be proud about it.

• Kono_Pawa
    Kono_Pawa Member Posts: 2
    Options

killlers needs tos

camp....

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    edited May 2019
    Options

If Leatherface is face camping there is nothing you can do to save that person. Trying to save them will just result in the both survivors being downed. His chainsaw makes him the ultimate camper.

1. Don't get caught
    2. If another survivor does get caught, just do gens as fast as possible

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Was he using a perk called "Barbecue & Chilli", by any chance?

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Now what doesn't make sense is I just played against someone who was camping with the Hag. I wanted to message him after the game "You know the beautiful thing about the hag is that you can camp with her without actually camping with her, just lay down some traps around the hook." But I didn't want it to be interpreted as salty even though I wasn't, I was honestly confused by his tactic with that particular killer.

• drunky26
    edited May 2019
    Options

Not sure, I know he didn't have insidious which probably means he didn't actually plan to camp that game.

• Blondie129
    Blondie129 Member Posts: 11
    Options

Because camping is a cheap, easy way to win that requires no skill. WHY actually try when you can just stand there and get 4ks cause the survivors try to play the game how it was meant to be played. I don't let It get to me anymore OP because I just know that it means they are scrubs and can’t play with real skill

• Orion
    Options

Let's assume he didn't have BBQ. Note how, by your own admission, the other survivors were rewarding that action. This is not unusual when a killer camps, and it's exactly why killers camp in the first place. If killers didn't get anything from camping, they wouldn't camp.

• Orion
    Options

So you think wanting to be around the killer and not doing anything is how survivors are meant to play the game?

• drunky26
    edited May 2019
    Options

I've already said it, the killer started camping long before any of my teammates were around so that's not why.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177
    Options

Mm I'd say the best strat to slow the game down is pressure on multiple survivors either with slugs or hooks. Getting a survivor out of the game early is huge too though which is why camping can be very effective.

• Orion
    Options

You're not getting what I'm saying. Survivors almost always do what your teammates did. Killers aren't bots, they quickly realize that survivors will rush the hook no matter what instead of doing gens, so they camp. It doesn't matter if the survivors are there right away since they usually go there eventually and stay there, no matter what the killer does.

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    Options

You're blaming the Killer while mentioning your teammates were just running around the hook.

Fortunately this game allows us all to play how we want. So this specific Killer might enjoy watching his catch die on the hook. They get to choose how to play. Maybe they realize that playing this way the majority of the time nets them multiple kills since like you mentioned, your team wasn't doing anything while you were hanging, thus the Killer had no penalty in doing so. Maybe them playing this way is getting them to rank up since it was 'purple ranks' and not a 'noob killer'.

You just play to have fun so move on to the next match and go have fun....

If Killers had to play by 'survivor rules' we'd all still be waiting to join a lobby.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Dancing around the hook

• ghostkiller666
    ghostkiller666 Member Posts: 85
    Options

just a noob. ######### happens

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

If it works, it works.

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78
    Options

sounds like your teammates were hook camping

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options

I am seeing this also a lot when playing survivor. At least two teammembers just crouch around the hook, waiting to be able to farm the bp. That's why I often camp the first hook down aswell, because I am pretty sure, that no gens will be done in the meantime in lower ranks.

And then, with usually 4 gens left, you can go hunt the 3 survivors with bringing much more preasure to them. 4 gens on 3 survivors is for me, where the fun starts and the bp are coming ...