A Discussion to Make Quentin's Perks Better

Panduh
Panduh Member Posts: 51
edited May 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey! You might have seen me floating around throwing my old Google Doc in your face about how we can make survivor perks in general more appealing in hopes of adding spice to the meta. If you'd like to input something of your own or just read up to get some thoughts of your own going, here's the Doc(Be sure to read some of the great comments/feedback too)- https://docs.google.com/document/d/16TLOmqJTWkRyRB7SWiJtzCKEq2-MVLL68qHTeUeWlMU/edit?ts=5ce92ceb

But that aside- I'm here to give some idea's about Quentin Smith's Unique perks, "Wake Up!, Pharmacy, and Vigil" all can be considered under-powered to varying degrees at the moment. With some of these idea's I'm hoping to breathe some synergy into these perks, at the moment they seem kind of scattered.

Wake Up!

WU! Has been my least favorite for a while now, I consider it to be top 5 weak perks, as do many of the player-base. For the majority of trials, finding the Exit Gate isn't that hard. Leader can open the exit gates faster than the endgame perk to open exit gates. The only halfway decent reason to run it is giving random's information about where the gate might be open soon(3 whole seconds faster!!).

• Option one: Move the perk away from the endgame. Your aura is visible to teammates while on an objective score (Generators, Chests, Exit Gates) up to 25/30/35m. This will provide synergy with the other ideas like his in-game description "Recovery Medic" describes(People could come to you to heal and recover with Vigil and Pharmacy, while also doubling as information on where to stay away from chasing around).
  • Option two: Buffing the perk, even if it means less synergy with the others, because at it's current state it's still a bad perk even for it's own niche. Open exit gates 25% faster(yes stacked with Leader would be powerful but I think given that situation of two players using these perks it's deserved), and your aura is revealed to teammates near or inside the exit gates after they are opened as well.

Pharmacy

This one is pretty simple. I don't actually think the perk is that bad. I do, however think it suffers from outside effects that make you unable to use your own perk.

Idea: Done outside of the perk, to boost the overall health of chest based perks/builds- adding one or two more chests to naturally spawn in the trial, retiring the purple coin offering(keep the yellow). This would encourage more chest based perks/builds, as currently you may not get to use your perks if you are too busy and the three chests were looted. (this also encourages less generator activity)

Vigil

Vigil suffers from being weak, being from a different era, and other perks that should be soft countered by it but simply aren't due to being infinite effects(I.E. Sloppy Butcher, Hex: The Third Seal, among others)

Ideas:

• Adding exposed TIMERS, let me be clear. This includes Make Your Choice, Hex: Haunted Ground, and Iron Maiden- AKA Survivor debuffs. Killer buffs such as Evil Within 3 or perks that are infinite with a different prerequisite such as H:NOED and H:DH are not included.
  • Upping the potency to 30%, as it stands Vigil doesn't put more than small dent in the few things it does effect. I don't think this is abuse-able because survivors still wouldn't be able to recover exhaustion in chase, thank goodness. This would also bring survivors together more and as we all know working together on gens isn't as time efficient as solo, and has it's own counters such as Discordance.
  • Off topic- Making other status effect perks more interact-able such as sloppy butcher, putting it on say a 60s timer give or take to make it soft counter-able. (Scratch this.)Possibly the same thing for the Third Seal, but taking it away from the Hex category so it isn't so gimmicky. (Being blind is spooky and fun!)

That's all, let me know your thoughts.

Post edited by Panduh on

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,029

I like this, though perhaps for Vigil these effects can be ignored while in his radius, with exceptions to exposed and exhausted.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I agree with you wholeheartedly on Vigil, it's a perk JUST to shorten bebuffs and it basically just doesn't affect anything you want it to.

As you said perfectly, set-duration exposed should be reduced by it.

The extreme amount of mangled/hindered effects that are endless should be made to be ~120 seconds max, refreshed on hit, reduced by Vigil. This either penalises healing or forces playing injured for a long time before healing. This is the most common debuff and Vigil has no effect at all.

Broken from Deliverance and add ons should also be reduced for consistency.

I don't agree with changing Third Seal, it's the same as exposed on DH and NOED, it's permanent with a different method of dealing with it. It's weak enough without being on a timer, blindness add ons prove that through their complete lack of use.

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2019

-To be clear- I was talking about removing it from Hex category and possibly having it as a debuff perk similar to Sloppy, just timed, not adding a timer on top of it being a Hex. I want to see it used more.

Understood about your point with TS. I like playing against the perk as a solo-duo player. So I'd love seeing it more and being able to interact with it, but it's a weird perk to balance. Especially considering 3-4man SWF.(Edit: weird to say but I dislike it being a hex perk because it's prone to being randomly cleansed so early and I want to play in chaos more haha)

Post edited by Panduh on