What are your favorite perks (on both sides)?

Tohmo
Tohmo Member Posts: 248

My favorite survivor perk is Autodidact.

My favorite killer perk is Hex: Devour Hope.

Comments

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Survivor: Alert

Killer: Discordance

• Tohmo

@Kiskashi If it wasn't for Devour Hope, then Discordance would definitely be my top pick. I've completely replaced Ruin on most of my builds for Discordance. Its weird seeing Ruin, a staple of the killer meta for as long as I can remember, starting to fall out of the meta entirely.

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019

@almondbutter I personally never use ruin either, I actually really like thanatophobia, just wish it was buffed on gen penalty (not affecting healing speed). D:DH used to be a favourite for me and still is but discordance is top for now, I can't imagine matches without that beautiful perk. I mean there's a lot of good perks, I also like M&A but discordance just helps with knowing which gens are being rushed, especially early game if they all spawn together.

I don't think ruin will be gone any time soon though, not until major changes are made, still don't think it's anyone's favourite perk, some see it more as a necessary evil. Surprised to see you choose autodidact though, why is that a favourite? I've wanted to try it out but healing builds aren't usually my thing.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Survivor:

Decisive Strike

Why not? It's great for punishing tunnelers!

Killer:

BBQ

Nurse main, and I love the extra BP!

• Tohmo

@Kiskashi If you ask me, it teaches bad habits. I've personally stopped running it to teach myself to play more aggressively and not rely on a perk to stop gen-rushing for me. Due to Ruin's inconsistency (as in it can be broken anytime), I've basically stopped running it altogether.

• Kiskashi

@almondbutter Same tbh, I had ruin in a doctor build on Lery's the other day (old build and was playing doctor for a daily he literally has nothing better anyway haha) and it was gone in 2 seconds into the match, still wiped the floor with them because I accidentally went ninja doc (M&A and stopped going treatment because I was distracted) after driving them all mad.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

Survivor: dead hard

Killer: Corrupt intervention (I'm learning nurse right now so it makes it a lot easier for me to slow down the game and to find survivors)

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

BBQ

Adrenaline

This thread is going to turn into a thread about weather or not you should use Ruin though, just you watch.

It's already started and the thread only has a handful of replies.

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
    edited May 2019

Survivor:Diversion

Killer: Rancor

Killers shall respect my pebble!!!

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019

I guess it just came up because of discordance, such is a discussion. I don't think it will take over, I'm happy to see people suggesting strange ones like autodidact and pebble (diversion but we all know it's pebble). There are some quirky perks that are actually good.

• Tohmo

Autodidact always has been a staple in my surv build, along with Dead Hard and Balanced Landing together. It may not be the most effective, but its sort of my special build. Autodidact also combos well with Spine Chill, so there's also that perk. I don't main survivor so I'm a lot more lenient perk-wise.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

For Survivor: Iron Will. It does so much work and let's you perform many mind games to gain distance when you break LoS that you normally couldn't do while injured. Also added bonus that it seriously screws with Nurses and Spirits.

Killer is tougher to pick one out, but probably: Save the Best For Last. The Killers I like to play are generally M1 Killers that benefit heavily from it.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

I don’t play survivor enough to have a favorite, but for killer it’s monitor and abuse. I run it on Hag, Spirit, Pig, Micheal, and Plague. It’s so useful against extremely immersed players, and every killer has its specific use.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Survivor: Alert.

So very good detection perk and it makes running a stealth build really nice if you could keep a decent track of the killer and which generator recently kicked.

I've even been able to find generators that are almost complete because I saw the killer breaking them.

Killer: surveillance.

Love the design of the pack it looks really nice the only other killer perk that competes terms of design is mad grit.

It's also really good for tracking any cheeky gen taps

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

Survivor Diversion

Killer Bamboozle

favourite hex NOED

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100

Survivor : Decisive Strike

Killer : Devour Hope

The reason why I love both perks is they are real high risk high reward perks,you need to do something before you can get the full value of their perks.

(Huntress Lullaby is also a high risk high reward perk but I don't like it becuase it let the survivors know that the killer use this perk too early)

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Bond & BBQ

I play solo surv a lot but even when I play SWF, Bond has its benefits. Good coordination is such a time-saver.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Survivor: We Will Make It

I like to be altruistic and to get everyone out, also I feel quite useful with it. I simply like the fast healing.

Killer: I like BBQ a lot, but favorite is probably Spirit Fury. I simply like the brutality when the Pallets slams my Head and is instantly gone, as well as I can imagine, how the Survivor knows then that he will go down.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Survivor: Bond

I really like this perk, it's very underrated and I almost never see it used by anyone. I use it as a replacement for self care, helps me find teammates to heal me plus it's gives a lot of information you normally wouldn't get. Helps not lead the killer towards your team if they're doing a gen and overall it's super useful knowing where your team is.

Killer Barbeque & Chili

Honestly I mostly use it for the double bloodpoints cause this game is too grindy, but the aura reading is very useful too.

The perk has mutliple uses and multiple counters, probably most balanced perk in the game. Don't understand people that want it nerfed.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

M&A and Deadhard

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

We will make it for survivors

I don't think I have a favorite killer perk though depends on the killer I pick. Most used perk is Barbeque&Chili

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I enjoy Bond on my Survivors, makes it easier to find or avoid people.

I love Iron Grasp on my killers. Or Hangman's Trick.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Survivor: Bond, Autodidact (pls buff), Head On (because MEMES) and DS

Killer: Enduring+Spirit fury combo, BBQ and (only Legion) Third Seal.

• Neska
    Neska Member Posts: 132

For survivor it’s Iron Will (followed by bond, balanced landing, adrenaline & selfcare)

For Killer I guess it’s whispers (followed by BBQ for the bp’s & enduring)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2019

I like Devour Hope for both sides actually.

Being able to pull off a 4K is awesome.

But not many things can make me fear a Killer more than suddenly seeing others get 1-shot with M1 attacks, it's thrilling.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Enduring all day, even on Huntress >:( ######### pallets

Selfcare/Iron Will

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

Killer: Devour Hope, no questions asked. It's hilarious when you can pull it off.

Survivor is tough, but I'll probably have to say Balanced Landing. You can make unsafe areas on the map fairly safe (for example the coal tower gen, haddonfield buildings, some upstairs gens on The Game.) It's just useful all around and is definitely my favorite exhaustion perk.

Close second to Balanced Landing is Iron Will. I can't live without that perk. I stay injured 90% of the time and it's useful for hiding and jukes.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Survivor

Autodidact

Getting that sweet taste of 5 tokens is just amazing

Killer

Devour hope

Its all fun and games until the same time I down you the last token happens

• Tohmo

@Hoodedfengm1n Damn, our list are exactly the same. Neat.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Favourite survivor perk is undoubtedly Iron will.

Favourite killer perk is definitely Surveillance.

Out of those 2, I prefer Iron will.

• Tohmo

Surveillance is fun af. I agree.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@almondbutter especially on Spirit XD. That perk is a RELIABLE middle finger to genrush. Ruin is nothing in comparison. You can have serious control with Surveillance. Plus it's OP in 3 gen situations :P

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Survivor: Hope

Killer: Pop Goes the Weasel