Do developers not consider console users??

Options
chuckles5009
chuckles5009 Member Posts: 24
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Before they changed the legion, did they consider how the change would affect the console users?

"Missed attacks will end Feral Frenzy" must roll back this change.

I'm a ps4 user, and this change has put the legion users of the console in despair after 2.7.0 patch.

Do developers play games before patching?

Do they hold the pad in their hands before testing the patch?

Other previous patches also don't consider console users.

This game isn't just for k/m users of pc.

I'm not an English citizen.

If my sentences are strange, please forgive me.

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

To be honest, DBD should never have released for console.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

They might test it, but not all console players are suffering, I have not hit a single FPS drop at all yet until I step on a broken totem, then I randomly go from looking forwards to backwards

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

They probably think about the PC version first and then console and they probably don't want to split the game into two different versions between PC and console. I don't play console dbd so I don't know how bad it is.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

This is true.

They did it for money, but their main focus is obviously for the PC.

But no worries, balancement and gameplay on PC has the same flaws.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2019
    Options

I actually think that on PC it would be easier to miss then on console because of the ability to spin on a mouse vs a controller.

so far I miss about 1 every 15 or so and normally its my own fault. (miss click)

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Almo

You have brought up Legion's performance data several times now, so can you elaborate on how this performance data was collected?

1. From what day to day was the data collected?
    2. Do the trials from your performance data include any matches with disconnects in it?
    3. If the answer to 2. is yes, how were the disconnected counted? (Were they counted as 'kills', 'escapes', or as 'neither?')
    4. Did you separate the data by Ranks of the Survivors? What exactly did rank 1-4 survivor show against the Legion?
    5. If the data were separated by ranks, was the players' rank collected for data at the before the match or the end of the match?

In addition, I asked you a week ago some questions about The Legion - were you able to ask one of your data analysts whether they can find an answer to them? This is what I wrote:

1a. What is the current survival rate for Survivors in Rank 1-4, [excluding all matches that include any disconnects]** against The Legion? (To clarify, not asking for The Legion's kill rate, but for Rank 1-4 Survivors' survival rate against The Legion)

**Please, please stop including matches with DCs when analyzing your data, especially if you are making balancing decisions based on them. We all know that DCs (especially DCs done near the beginning of the game) have a severe effect on the outcome of the match, probably moreso than what killer was played, which is why we eliminated the possibility of starting the game with just 3 (or less) survivors.

1b. Can you give us the same information as above, except divided by Consoles vs PCs?

2. What percentage increase or decrease is there for the number of people using Legion, excluding any games that were used to complete the Legion's Daily?

Thank you. 

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options

Its fine you just have to GIT GUD