Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are there so many unintentional in-game disconnects?

NO_CRUTCH_PERKS
NO_CRUTCH_PERKS Member Posts: 1

So pretty frequently this past week I've been playing SWF and either I myself or someone else's game randomly disconnects from the lobby saying that the host has disconnected but my friends would all stay in game and ask about the disconnect. It's completely unintentional and at any given moment once the match has already been going on for a few minutes. On top of this, I've been trying to push to rank 1 (currently hardstuck rank 6) but when you get disconnected from the game you lose 1 pip and it's extremely frustrating for someone who it keeps happening to, and they're trying to rank up but keep getting penalized because of these buggy servers. So I guess my question really is, why are we being punished and will it be fixed?

Answers

• ThatsYoAzz
    ThatsYoAzz Member Posts: 18

I started naming my streams "DC By Daylight" because of how bad this game has been lately. Especially for DC's!

I'm getting -Comments on my steam profile because "I made 3 ppl DC" with my "lag switch" i been told im being reported for DC'ing. No matter what, if i get DC'd as survivor or Killer, it's always my fault! When ppl "win" the game is perfect and never has any issues and when they lose...you guessed it...Must be my fault...I've had quite a few DC's that happen at the absolute perfect time for someone to assume I must've rage quit...which i rarely do...but im human, I do get aggravated occasionally at how a lot of ppl tend to play this game, but i don't do it often. It's rinse and repeat and already rinse n repeat game. DC'ing makes a bad situation much worse.

My favorite is when u get ppl who DC on purpose in the very beginning of the match and the killer takes that as a cue to farm for himself and basically play the game like he's playin 4 ppl and is a fair game.. i thought, that's why they cancel matches that that don't start with all 5 players, so killers dont take advantage of a bad situation to benefit only themselves...just so they can be toxic and talk about how good they are and how bad u must be at the game because u couldnt beat a tryhard killer who only had 2 survivors to find with all 5 gens that need to be done...I usually play with randoms so its much harder than doing it than using the swf crutch..

I dont mind harder, in fact i relish the opportunity to challenge and prove to myself my skill and experience that I've gained in the almost 2k hours I've wasted playing this game. My DBD experience has sucked this last year or so...I frequently stop playing DBD for months at a time because between the DC and toxic community of players its just not fun anymore. I also play organically as possible to try and make the game FAIR and FUn for all who are playing...I mean, it is just a game right? To most "gamer's" nowadays its who can be the most toxic to say they won using the easiest new player strategy, and u must suck...mean while they used the most inexperienced, basic, no skill required tactics you can use to play the game...rinse and repeat...I won one match, one time, but my life means more than yours kinda toxic gaming...smh