Killer Lobby Prep is Toxic

Options
Mochan
Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

It needs to be removed. ALL lobby prep needs to be removed. No chat for survivors, no killers looking at survivors.

As a Claudette Main I feel this all too keenly. If more than two people show up as Claudette with a brown shirt, you can already count on the killers going:

* Iridescent King Doctor

* Pink Hatchet Huntress

* Mother Prayer Spirit

* Mirror Myers

* Two Box Pig

* Ebony Mori

Over the long time playing I noticed that when this happens I get a lot of killers opting for sweaty builds when I play Claudette. Far more than if I'm playing Dwight or Feng Min or David. It's discrimination at its worst, and it happens because the lobby enables it.

And worse, Claudette always brings out the worst in killers, they tend to tunnel you for some reason. Even if you're not doing any of the "Toxic" things killers hate... like endless looping or flashlighting.

It seriously needs to be fixed.

Thus far at least it lets me go, "Bring it!" and challenge myself, but it's really just sad that it even happens.

Comments

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

People always bring good #########, it doesn't matter who you play. Doctors use King on me, and I play plain old fat Jeff. I actually wish Killer could chat with the survivors before the game. But I know I'm in the minority on that.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

So you mean people are toxic.

Or, well, "toxic".

Lobby preparation isn't toxic, and it's a great thing to have for both sides.

• Mochan
    Options

It's not just with Claudette.

For instance if you bring a key into the match good luck staying alive unless you stay fully immersed and abandon your team. This happens no matter which survivor I use.

The thing is, giving up your hand to the Killer is too big a disadvantage, and penalizes you for using items or playing in certain ways. It is just bad for the game and further encourages survivors to play just one way (looping) and never do anything different, and it encourages killers to be punitive by punishing survivors who dare to use items they were given or skins they bought for the game.

It's just like how survivors will DC when they see a black secret offering in the Offering screen. They know they're in for a Mori so they just DC.

• Mochan
    Options

In no way has this been clearer for me that in the past night. For the last 10 hours or so I've been bringing nothing but Keys into the maps. I have a stockpile of 20 keys on one character with the purple addons and I used them all up just to test it out.

I have never run across more Ebony Moris and Pink addons in my entire life. Almost every other game was a Iridescent Hatchet Huntress, an Ebony Mori, or some other really nasty Killer build. Something that goes way beyond normal play (I normally don't bring anything to trials since I collect gear using Plunderer and Ace).

Killer prep to be honest is bad for the game and discourages survivors from bringing items into the game.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

@Mochan If they are allowed in the game, they are normal gameplay. Sorry.

I will say though, that is all overkill if they were running all that. I see a key, I bring out Franklin and will force you into an area where finding the key will be next to impossible and force you to drop it there. After that, back to normal gameplay. Honestly though, I start a lobby as a killer, hit ready, go get a drink and run back from the kitchen when I hear the match about to start.

@FireHazard You missed the last survivors gathering. Killers who breath are now toxic. As well as killers who walk, float, or run. Now, if you kinda skip as you move, that is not toxic, that is just adorable.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@lasombra79

Existence is pain. (Its also tOxIc!)

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

The only advantage a killer gets form seeing survivors in the Lobby is knowing what items they bring and I suppose you could say knowing which survivors they're facing but that's such a non-issue I wouldn't even count it.

If either of these are having a big impact on your game I'd really question that. Killers are going to see this anyway once they see you in game.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

Yeah I almost always minimize and go watch or read something until I hear the sound cue for the start of the match. I run Franklins regardless on Spirit because it usually comes in handy rather players bring in stuff or grab it out the chests. I've mostly been playing her and Trapper lately but I feel like I need other perks more with him to be effective. It's nice with Spirit because I can pop up on somebody wanting their precious gear back when they think I forgot or didn't notice they had it. It's an easy way to throw a wrench into the game plans of sabo SWF teams too. The tears you can induce will cause biblical levels of flooding when their once way OP tactics turn into the very thing that gets them all killed because they're relying on their tool boxes and flash lights entirely and have to risk getting them back. Owee baby!

• Mochan
    edited May 2019
    Options

Same with Claudette Skins and Keys.

They are allowed in the game. They are normal gameplay.

Why should survivors be punished for using them? Killers save Moris and other strong add-ons to use when you bring these items or skins out.

I'm not against using or going up against any of these items. What I'm against is killers having all the power to choose when to use them to counter survivors using theirs.

Why do you think Survivors DC? Survivors DC because they are powerless. It's their only recourse when they feel they can't lash back in any other way. Stop giving killers more power where they don't need to have them, and we might see less DCs.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330
    Options

If you don't want killers to prep vs your claudette, don't play claudette.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

I know.

From survivor perspective it would be like this:

You can see what you killer your going against, if your going against a doctor CALM SPIRIT, if your going against spirit IRON WILL, if your going against a wraith a FLASHLIGHT, and the list continue..

Killer mains would obviously hate this right? and this is unfair

• Mochan
    edited May 2019
    Options

Claudette is part of the game. How about I tell you don't play Legion, or don't play Nurse, or don't play whatever.

How do you like that?

• Mochan
    Options

Yeah, it's definitely not good. If this were the case Killers would have complained to high heaven.

But if Killers get to do it to survivors it's all good?

• Mochan
    edited May 2019
    Options

I just tried it again right now.

I finished a match as Claudette using a Dull Key.

Bingo, on the first try, I get a Myers with Ebony Mori. It's like clockwork. How is this okay? it's not. I escaped anyway, even if three of my teammates all died, but I'm saying it's stupid that killers get to punish survivors in this manner when they want to try using their shiny items.

Killers also dodge lobbies with flashlights, or dodge lobbies with P3 skins, etc.

It's not good for the game. As you said, "the only advantage a killer gets is 'a non issue'"

If it's such a tiny, unimportant advantage, then surely we can remove it from the game, right?

Killers shouldn't miss it at all, since by your own admission it's a non-issue advantage.

• Arroz
    Options

Yes because "killers are the minority"

And no one is going to agree with you on this forum, 70% of the people here are killers mains sooo.. you know right?

• Mochan
    Options
  • Mochan
    Options

Oh yeah? For me Nurse is for absolute noobs. Can't M1 your way to victory, sheesh what noob.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Idc, the topic is about Claudette and not Nurse. What a foolish attempt to shift the topic just to stay away from my point I made so u don't have to discuss it. Just proofed for me that I nailed it perfectly.

• Arroz
    Options

Is like to tell someone "dont play nurse because I dont like it"

Do you like it?

• ba_tetsuo
    Options

If I could slot Legions power into another Killers model, sure.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

How is that even comparable? Killers all have different playstyles, while survivors are exactly the same gameplay wise. the only "difference" claudette has is that people abuse her cosmetics to make themselves much harder to see than other survivors. When paired with how badly audio keeps getting broken with each patch, its a pretty bad balance issue.

Whether or not nurse is properly balanced has nothing to do with accessibility or exploiting issues in the game. Hell, she's even had "dead zone" glitches that prevented her ability from working in specific areas.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

I think what needs to be understood is that right now everyone is trying to push their rank as high as they can get it. Also killers and survivors are finally starting to get used to egc and how it normally shakes out. A killer is gonna be after you when you have a key. Keys can have very big effects attached to them on top of allowing survivor teams to escape the trial after 3-4 gens. When you have a key you're not just some survivor with a key you've got game ending power in your hands. That puts you as priority one for many players.

You hatch out at 3-4 gen and killer closes the hatch or it closes by itself then we're suddenly in egc. That turns everything on its head. In the past it wasn't as big a deal, but now you gotta be ready to go hard if you bring a key.

• Mochan
    Options

Not really. A lot of people don't care about rank anymore. There have been killers who throw games just to derank. I haven't cared about rank for a long time, not since I got to red ranks. Been there, done that, don't need to stress myself over pips again.

And like I said.

Keys give you game ending power.

But it's bad that Killers get a heads-up on it before the match, so they can put in their game ending powers. Out of the 40 or so matches I played last night with keys, at least half were against killers pulling out the stops and using their Ultra Rares to screw with me.

How is that a good thing?

Killers shouldn't be allowed to prep by having foreknowledge of survivors. Survivors get to be surprised by what the killer is packing in the game. We can't even tell what they're packing until they hit us with it. It's why everyone plays like BBQ and Chili is in every game. Killers don't even need to equip BBQ to benefit from it. Every survivors hides in lockers or runs close when someone goes down.

At least killers can see what items we have. Survivors don't know until they get hit. And in this game, with tunnelers and campers, one hit is all you need to end your night.

And people wonder why the DC problem is so bad?

I'm telling you one of the reasons why DCs are such an issue. It's up to you to see if it's worth letting the devs know and do something about it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Is Two-Box Pig "Amanda's Letter"?

• Mochan
    Options

You can keep telling yourself that and keep holding your double-standards to heart.

Then keep wondering why the DC problem is only getting worse. It's because of killer with attitudes like yours who think you're the only victims and you have the all the rights, like the right to play Nurse, but survivors don't have rights, and they shouldn't be allowed to play Claudette (there's tons of people here who even asked to delete her brown shirt from the game, and a very misguided few even asked to delete her altogether!)

• Mochan
    Options

Be my guest, ask the Devs to do it. I absolutely do not mind.

This is a really dumb argument, but sure, I don't mind facing Wraith only to see him blinking. Personally it's no big deal to me, and I would like to be surprised to see such a thing.

• Mochan
    edited May 2019
    Options

The topic was about Claudette, until you made it about not playing characters that are in the game. So I respond in kind. You reap what you sow. Who's shifting the topic again?

• Ryuhi
    Options

I never bothered to learn nurse, even knowing she is the most powerful killer. Your argument falls short on that fact alone: not everyone plays nurse, regardless of her advantages.

• ba_tetsuo
    edited May 2019
    Options

When I can use wraiths model combined with legion's power, you can tell me which skin not to use. Claudettes model is nothing but a skin that players use because of the advantage her clothes offer. There is no inherent benefit to claudette other than that.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Is someone seriously trying to say killers should ignore them having a key? Like honestly do you just expect to be handed a free multiple-person escape halfway through the match? If I see you have a key I HAVE to consider you a threat more than anything else in the game, because you being alive is the equivalent of multiple gens being done.

As for immersed Claudette, don't play a cheap tactic if you don't want them played right back at you. To be honest if there's an immersed Claudette in a match, and there's a chance SOMEONE will survive like 2 remaining survivors and a hatch in play, as the killer I'll always make sure that it's not the immersed Claudette that gets out, it's the one who has self-respect.

Play the game, don't let an outfit play for you.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

If you don't like giving killers ability to prepare then just last second switch. Easy solution.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

This is awful

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

No.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

haha that is a crappy post.

Complaining about Killers going all sweaty when someone using a sweaty Claud...

OMG that is rich.

I would agree to certain parts of your post, but you go at it in such a hypocritical approach that I can't stop laughing on how much of a joke this is.

Are you just trolling or what?.. Or are you looking for people to take that suggestion seriously?

• Arroz
    Options

It is comparable.

He's telling him dont play claudette because killers dont like it.

I'll tell killer dont play nurse because I dont like

• Ryuhi
    Options

Claudette is exactly the same as every other survivor gameplay wise. Nurse is a completely different character gameplay wise than every other killer. One is a reskin who gives an advantage vs other characters who can play exactly the same in every capacity, while the other has an entirely different gameplay style from every other killer.

You can do anything with Nea, David, Jake, etc that you can do with claudette, minus abuse visibility (and even then, there are some outfits on other characters that are worse than others, just nowehere near on Claudette's level.) Pair that deliberate choosing of an advantage with items that give a further advantage, and you're making yourself a lightning rod for the killer's attention.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

Alright. Let's apply this logic both ways. You don't want Survivors to stomp your Killer? Only play Nurse.

"bUt AlL kIlLeRs NeEd To Be ViAbLe"

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

You have really weird problems don't you.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

You're toxic! You're toxic! And you're toxic! Toxic! Toxic! Toxic!

• Arroz
    Options

Yes.

Claudette breaks everything on the game.

Same as nurse, you can't loop, omega blinks etc...

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

@ba_tetsuo People pick their main because they feel a connection to that character. Not to gain a minor advantage in the game.