The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How much money have you spent on DBD?

PinkEricka
PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@fcc2014 asked me this question a few weeks ago. He did some math and it turns out I've spent at least $200 on cosmetics and chapters alone. I didn't even realize it

What about yall?

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I've probably spent over $200 maybe

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Well I've spent $20 for the game, and 7.99 for the Halloween chapter , so 27.99 so far(I've had the game since 2017, just never cared enough to buy any other content). Now, you can add the price of Ghostface to that.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

Just over $100 (maybe 110-120?) I think because I'm yet to see any cosmetics I really like, but I've bought all the dlcs some on sale, some not. But overall I think it's pretty fair considering a new game would be 70-80 if not 100 here so considering the play time I get out of those (between 8-100+h) and the play time I get out of this (near 1000h thus far), it's not really a big deal. I'm happy to support the devs, only buyers remorse was plague thus far but she might get buffs in future, it's a constantly changing game.

• Vlieger
    Vlieger Member Posts: 326

How much is too much? Cause that's how much I've spent.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2019

All DLCs & i bought at least 2 AC packs.

I bought way less games the last few years, so that's why.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I have all DLC's and I think I spent around 40 in the shop.

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218

Most on special. Dunno how much dbd cost when it first came out so there's that.

Lets say an average of 6 bucks each for the premium chapters + what 40 bucks for the game itself. Maybe 75 bucks?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

PS4 Round numbers:

$15 for the game on sale

$8 x 5 from full price DLCs (Michael, Freddy, Pig, Clown, Spirit)

$5-ish for the Leatherface DLC

No extra clothes, Legion or Plague

Around $60

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Well since I have all DLC on both platforms plus some cosmetics this is what I will say... wayyyyy tooo muchhhh

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited May 2019

I think I spent around $27 so far.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I looked up my purchase history: $30

Thats:

• Base game
    • Spark of Madness
    • Leatherface
    • Nightmare on Elm Street
    • Saw
    • Curtain Call
    • 500 Auric Cells.
  • Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Oof uh. full price for most dlc except for clown/kate whom i bought with iridescent shards. along with 7 outfits so far with probably an 8th coming soon.... Bought most dlcs at launch excluding myers, leatherface, freddy, and of course the charity case skin dlc cause im a sucker for charity's. and i bought the game initially only on a 75% sale i believe.... so around 225 max i think? Don't know the exact prices but the outfits sure do add up (for the record, bought spirits school girl outfit, doctors Halloween outfit, jane casual, claudette formal/schoolgirl, kate snow and kate american, and nea japanese outfit. and maybeee parts of huntresses Halloween not to sure can't remember.)

So in other words probably too much but im a sucker for this game haha

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Well, Dead by Daylight is $20.

Every chapter that costs auric cells net me $14 plus some cosmetics.

Roughly $200 dollars.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I got dbd for free and most dlc on sale. I would say roughly 60 bucks with that and a few cosmetics.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    edited May 2019

Definitely over $200 in the course of like a year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's over $300 since I bought the game and all of the DLC for myself, and most of the DLC for my best friend. And usually when I buy cosmetics I double down for me and her.

I...really don't want to add up my purchase history.

EDIT: I added it up. $439.36

...............groovy

Post edited by rch614 on
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Five bucks. I got the game via PS Plus, and almost every character that I didn't buy using Iridescent Shards someone else bought for em as a gift. The only one I've bought myself so far is Ash (though I intend to buy Ghostface too).

• BoredByDaylight
    BoredByDaylight Member Posts: 113

I've purchased all the killers, and 2 survivors (ash & adam) but have never paid for any cosmetics. I'm planning on getting Ghostface too but have 9000 shards so hopefully won't need to pay.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2019

i'm only missing 3 dlc, and i bought the hag queen outfit. Mostly cause I've been calling her my princess for months, then they released it and i was like "perfect."

So i think 80? on pc. I used to play on playstation as well, but stopped because of the frame rate difference. But i bought all the dlc up to legion on their, before switching.

So probably around 250ish all together, counting base games.

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218

And in other news - I just bought the Doctor a few minutes ago with in game shard currency and omg what a complete and utter total bastard he is! makes me feel so bad playing him lol

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

I have bought everything (digital stuff) they released.. so it should be over 100$ I think. And I started on console also. Switched after clown release + like 5k cells.. Jesus that is a lot of money. But tbh the only game I play and enjoy (even with balance issues).

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Why are people downvoting your post and my comment?😂

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Does selling stuff from my steam inventory count? If so, about 10 bucks, if not, only 5.

• Chad_Kensington
    Chad_Kensington Member Posts: 44

Probably in the neighborhood of $200.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044
    edited May 2019

Whatever the game costs for me with all DLCs when I bought it on Discount.

+ I think like 40 Euros in Auric Cells

+ nearly all DLCs (some bought with Shards)

So most likely around 100 Euros, if more, not much more.

Post edited by Aven_Fallen on
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited May 2019

$300-$400ish

That ballpark. I buy 1 or 2 skins every time a pack drops and i have all the dlcs day 1

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Base game and all chapters and paragraphs except for Ash, so roughly €90.

• LPS11
    LPS11 Member Posts: 68

Over 200 because I play the game on 2 different platforms

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Missing a few DLCs. Bought 20€s worth of Auric Cells at one point, as it was a gift from a friend. So maybe.. 90-100€ tops?

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

Prolly over $200, and I'm not done yet

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

~500€

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

with all dcs and cosmetics around 1500$

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@xXNurseXx holy crap.😳 We admire you as our god sir!

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I went on my PS4 account and it just told me.

"A lot."

All jokes aside, over $120.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@PinkEricka I think we stopped before you got to those Killer outfits, might be more? Anyway the point I was making that night to you and @chemical_reject was that the game is well funded just based on purchases the 3 of us made and averaging it among the player base.

• RekShark179
    RekShark179 Member Posts: 29

Purchased all Chapters, Killers, Survivors and extras (Head & Charity cases) plus I allow myself a cheeky 1100 cells every 1st month (tomorrow is Cellmas Eve! 🎅).

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

All chapters + 20 euros. Idk how much that is

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

Only 10.... wait I mean 20 oh god wait 30 oh god please no 40??? STOP NO PLEASE 50?!?!?!?!? STOP I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE 60!?!?!????!?!!?!??!?!?!!?? AHHHHHH

so yeah about 70-80 dollars

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Not much at all to be honest, I only buy Killers I like to play and since Killer's don't see themselves in game I've never been interested in buying any cosmetics. Maybe $30 total.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I've got all DLC and the game itself on PS4 and PC with $190 worth of cosmetics for both versions. I can't wait for battlepass.

• ghostkiller666
    ghostkiller666 Member Posts: 85

probably 300 bucks on my coin R$. equals to.. 75,41 dollars. The other i just bought by expending 9000 Iridescent Shards... i bought 4 character with those... 45k Iridescent Shards so.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Too much.

• Nasza1109
    Nasza1109 Member Posts: 6

Well let's see, i have all DLC except plague, Both suitcases, i have a spirit skin, a ghostface skin, a yui skin, and a legion skin.

So maybe like 500 euros? Though i'll keep on buying all DLC that releases in the future if it's not ass like plague, because this game is basically my life and i'll support it till the end.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2020

I know i already commented, but thought i'd calculate more detailed.

I think i got a few on sale, but i don't remember which, so i'll pretend i didn't to make the calculation consistent.

~119 euros on the game + DLC.

I must've spent ~82 on Wraith's cosmetics, though 20 of that was gifted to me.

And then the 1 Rift Pass for 10.

So i spent about 190 on this game in total.

Seing the numbers in these comments, it's no wonder they wanted an in-game store later on, and then a pass system after that.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I ended up rebuying the game on PC along with all the chapter DLC (up to Ghostface), but it was all on sale, so that came up to about 60 bucks total. Then I dropped 5 bucks for auric cells (also on PS4), so I guess it comes up to about 70ish dollars now?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

30 bucks. Two skins, and the first battle pass. Then they changed Ruin, and I vowed to not support with my wallet till serious changes were made. Some good ones, as of late, but more is needed. Maybe, if the killer is Xeno, I'll drop some more.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I purchased the game when it was on sale with the Stranger Things pack for like 30 bucks. I have also purchased Ghostface and Freddy (I regret Freddy) so maybe around 40 bucks total.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

hahahah... yes