Which killer/survivor should I main?

Options
yes
yes Member Posts: 361

I recently unlocked all of the perks for all killers, I'm so happy! But that leaves me to one question, which killer should I main?

I prestiged my Spirit, getting her to P1 lvl 7. I honestly think I should main her and try to get Ghostface's perks on her.

For all the other "top tier" killers, I'm a console player. I can't manage to land an attack each time I blink as Nurse without being juked by a survivor, even though I prestiged her twice.

For Hillbilly, he's got some pretty decent perks on him, however, his walking animation is distracting and I would get frustrated using a chainsaw.

For Wraith, I'm a god at using him. I prestiged him once and got him to level 16.

For Trapper, imo, he's low-tier, so I won't main him.

For Hag, she's decent and I can play her pretty well.

I'm not even gonna talk about the Doctor.

I'm pretty good at using Shape; I might main him & Spirit.

I'm bad at playing Huntress, even though I have 3 pages of perks that are tier III.

Pig got gutted after the recent update so I'm not gonna consider playing her.

Leatherface is bad.

Freddy is currently the worst, but I'll wait until the livestream to see if I should main him or not.

I'm good at playing Clown but his power is bad.. idk.

I'm garbage at Legion.

Plague.. I love Corrupt Purge but I can't handle having survivors not cleanse.

Ghostface.. I'll wait til I play him, then I'll decide.

So this leaves me with the Shape & Spirit. I think Spirit is better than Michael because of her mindgames, somewhat-decent map control, and movement. I might main her, idk.

For the survivors..

I still need to get all of Ace's perks, Laurie's Object of Obsession, Quentin's perks, Adam's perks, and Ash's perks. Who's perks should I go for first?

Comments

• yes
    Options

Why do you feel the need to ask me this? I'm maining somebody so I don't have to grind for perks, repeatedly.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I thought I was the only one who found Hillbilly's walking animation annoying! <3

In terms of Killers, I would suggest focusing on 3. At least for me, sometimes I dont feel like playing a specific Killer, so I go for any other of my two options. In my case, I have Spirit and Clown. Right now, Im looking for a third. Maybe Plague once I get to unlock her and if I truly enjoy her.

If you like Shape and Spirit, focus on those, definitely. Fun/Enjoyment is probably what I take as the most deciding factor. Eventually, you might want a third, in which case, maybe Hag, if you want good results (she is powerful). It would be wise to see how Ghostface and Freddy turn out, so, I agree with you. IF not, Plague sounds like a solid option.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019
    Options

If you are on console go Billy, Myers or Spirit if you want efficient killer or Trapper if you want to have fun.

When you said you unlocked all perks for all killers you meant just teachables kek. You still have long way to have them even on one killer xD.

If you are planning to stick with game for longer, p3 your 'main' asap and then get all perks. Better loot. Remember to go cheap and take perks asap until p3. Use up all pudings and bps before prestiging. Once p3 try to take perk every bloodweb but focus on good addons, it pays off in the long run. For example on Billy you want to prioritize longer range, charge time and green movement speed. On other killers every instadown or exhaustion addons are gold. In general, depends on killer. Trapper: more traps, tar bottle, iridescents. Myers: stalk speed, purple tombstone piece, dead rabbit, infinite tier3. Spirit: charge and activation time, movement speed.

Survivor: Every is the same. If you are looking for some advantage go Claudette or Feng (can hide in bushes on Lerys to be invisible).

Edit: Trapper low tier? Someone is not paying attention...

Post edited by HazeHound on
  • yes
    Options

I'm so glad another person thinks the same xD

That's some great advice, I'll take it into consideration. I love playing as Shape, especially when you pop tier 3 right behind a survivor and down them. It's so satisfying.

I'm good with Plague, but the devs need to change her power so that if survivors don't cleanse within a certain amount of time, they are instantly downed, similar to deep wounds.

Why Billy?

I'll P3 my Spirit and use all my offerings. I'll even try to use perks that give you bloodpoint bonuses for the sake of prestiging.

I swear, if the devs wreck Spirit by nerfing her.. I'm going to be so mad. Michael & Billy will be backup options ig lol.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Forgot about Survivors. Overall, choose one that you dont mind sticking with. I personally like playing different Survivors and different perks, but only truly focusing on two of them. I suppose you could go for a Survivor you find the most appealing, whether its based on sounds or cosmetics.

Ace's perks arent amazing by themselves. I strongly recommend Open Handed if you use Bond a lot. Ace in the Hole can be really fun if you tend not to bring in any items, like I do. Combine it with something like Plunderer's and you have a fun niche but decent build. (Especially if you get a key and survive until the end to open the hatch)

Laurie's perks are interesting. Sole Survivor is mostly useless. OoO can be really nice feeling to pull off, especially outside of SWF (especially against a Freddy...). I dont use DS unless I go into a match to fool around.

Some of Quentin's perks are underrated, honestly. Vigil is pretty weak, especially currently with the Exhaustion bug. Pharmacy is amazing for those of us who avoid meta perks (SC/Adrenaline). Wake Up can be situational, but there is nothing wrong with building up for Endgame Collapse.

Adam's perks seem nice. I personally feel Deliverance is his weaker perk, but others will definitely disagree. Diversion should maybe get its timer reduced, and may require some smart thinking to pull off, but I consider it decent. Autodidact is situational, but it can work well, I guess.

As for Ash... I hate Ash. I hate Flip-Flop and MoM, so Im a bit biased against him.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    Options

Because Billy is better than everyone else except nurse and easier than Spirit. Built in instadown prevents many things survivors would try.

For this reason you should try Leatherface. People really underestimate him. If you put time in him and learn what can and can't be done with his chainsaw he is a beast (if you are decent at killer in general). He is easier mechanically than Billy, but you need to play very, very VERY ######### smart. Its a salt fest then. Bonus points for beeing able to camp someone with 100% lethality if you have black list.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,030
    Options

Id say if your going to main a killer, try going for anyone you feel comfortable using either without any addons at all or easily replaceable ones. This'll cut down on the feeling of having to blow all your BPs trying to reobtain the "Good" addons you just used after each game. I got pretty decent at Huntress for example, reaching rank 1 with her using mostly brown addons. Killers that you feel comfortable using a wide arroy of their addons are also a good fix for this. I have no problem playing with a large chunk of Myers addons for example, so I never feel like im going to run out of anything that I really DEPEND on.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited May 2019
    Options

Main who you like.

Stop choosing based on what is meta or what people think is meta. If you like Leatherface, main Leatherface and learn to be good with Leatherface.

I main Myers. Not because he's strong or anything and not because I'm good with him (I'm best with Nurse - Nurse is the only killer I can easily get 4Ks on). It's because I enjoy going Stealth Myers and grabbing survivors off gens.

• preetygoodforumsofar
    preetygoodforumsofar Member Posts: 81
    Options

you don't have to main one if you can't choose one

just play what you like

• yes
    Options

If I would main a survivor based on sounds, it'd be Kate. I love hearing her voice. Like seriously, I love her voice. If it's cosmetics, Kate, Feng or Claudette. I got Feng & Claudette both at P2 so I'll have less of a grind to do.

Since Ace in the Hole is in the shrine right now, I thought of getting that when I have the appropriate amount of shards. Whenever I have at least 2k shards, I always say to myself that I should save them so I can get more perks, but I can't help it and I splurge on buying bloodpoints. I guess Ace's perks have some potential except for Up the Ante, which is useless imo.

I thought Sole Survivor would be similar to Distortion. In a way, it technically is, but it's main purpose is to synergize with OoO, which brings me to my next point. OoO gives me goosebumps whenever I look in the killer's direction. It makes me feel unsafe knowing that they can see my aura whenever I see theirs. DS is a perk that I use commonly (unsurprisingly). Although, I hate it whenever a killer slugs you when there's less than a quarter of the time left, then they pick you up a SECOND AFTER the perk's timer expires. That pisses me off so much.

Exhaustion bug? What Exhaustion bug? Lmao, nvm, but I think Vigil isn't that good after Exhaustion was nerfed. Wake Up can be a lifesaver especially when the killer closes the hatch and you try escaping through the gates. Pharmacy is decent, I like the faster chest searching and the fact that it gives you a medkit.

Deliverence is the best perk out of Adam's perks. Diversion is decent, unless, like you said, the devs could reduce the timer, or make it so that the timer doesn't stop while in a chase. I don't like the purpose of Autodidact. I thought each token would grant an extra bonus to other speeds, such as repairing, etc.

Lol. Flip Flop is the perk I'm trying to strive for, along with MoM. Imo, Buckle Up is useless.

Makes sense, that's why he's popular.

I'm decent with LF and I have some good perks on him. I'll try him out. The build I use for LF is PGTW, Ruin, NOED, and BBQ.

The killers that I'm comfortable without using any add-ons are Spirit, Clown, Michael, and LF. I barely use add-ons. I don't know what caused me to not use them, but I think the majority of them are useless.

Olrite, that's cool. Thanks :)

Okay.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204
    Options

god at wraith hahaha, that killer is #########, go to high ranks and you'll see