Decisive Strike

Options

When decisive Strike is activated you can get in a locker forcing the killer to wait out the timer or get hit by the D strike. Is this an intended mechanic or oversight? I thought that the purpose of reworking DS was to give counter play but I don't really see the counter play?

Comments

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    Options

If they're jumping in the locker in your face, they're baiting the grab. It makes it obvious they have DS. Same with the people doing gens or dulls in your face to bait a grab. I think it's intentional and see nothing wrong with it. You were better off trying to get someone else anyway

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

well, the perk designed to be anti-tunnel is preventing the killer from tunneling. what's wrong with that?

• Terminator525
    Terminator525 Member Posts: 18
    Options

If I am coming back to a hook I'm not going to not chase a person just because they were the person that was hooked when I see no one else around except the person that was unhooked running away, so whether I could have gone after another person or not is besides the point and the question. After decisive Strike is activated and they jump into a locker what is the counter play to avoid the perk at that point?

• rch614
    Options

You're going back to the hook. That answers this entire thing, actually. You went back to the hook and didn't look for or didn't find the savior, so you go after the saved person.

I think that's tunneling

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

It's bait, and you took it.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Tunneling is when you deliberately focus on the survivor soly because they're injured, or were just saved. It's not tunneling if they're the only person you can actually chase. I don't like attacking people who were just saved, but that doesn't remove you from the list, just puts you lower on it. If you're the only person I see, start running.

• rch614
    Options

No, tunneling doesn't mean they have to be injured and you came straight back for just them. If you came back to the hook and the unhooked person is the only one you can find and you chase them, that's still tunneling and fulfills the condition of DS being an anti-tunnel perk. It means you focused on them, regardless of injury or not. Tunneling is smart but has its punishments. Find someone else.

I thought it was worth it

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330
    Options

Who cares about tunneling? Show me a survivor that doesn't tunnel gens. They'd sit on the from 0-100 if given the chance

"Its our only objective"

A) No its not, totems.

B) Killing survivors is our only objective.

"There's 4 different survviors"

There's 7 different gens.

Anyway, no, there's no counter play. But it forces the survivor to sit in a locker doing nothing till the timer runs out. You can also do nothing, or you can fake the walk away, or just go after someone else.

• rch614
    Options

The perk cares about tunneling. I dont care about tunneling itself but if you're gonna do what's within the perk's conditions, you're gonna get affected by that perk. It's pretty simple