The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Plague

Shroompy
Shroompy Member Posts: 6,463

The Plague has been in the game for 2, almost 3 months now. On paper her ability seems good and she can be quite devastating. But only when survivor's cleanse. There needs to be more of a reason to cleanse other than you're broken and you make more noise. Plague is simply a worst Legion. Legion can easily injure and survivors tend to not heal against them. But they also have tracking. Plague has height which makes it almost impossible to mind game with her, and nothing to aid her in chase (unless survivor's cleanse which for the majority of matches, if survivors have a brain they won't cleanse) If they do cleanse they'll just get sick again and they give The Plague probably one of the strongest abilities in the game. So what I recommend is Buff Vile Purge, and Nerf Corrupt. Make fully sick survivor's give off a signal (Like The Doctor's Scream) when they vomit. Therefor they take a risk of not cleansing by making themselves exposed. While when in Corrupt she has no tracking but can be devastating in chase. Reduce the duration back to 40ish seconds maybe even lower. Also increasing her terror radius or make her whispering able to be heard from survivor's (Like The Huntress' humming) to make her more easy to avoid

I'm sure most people can agree with me that Vomit Auntie needs some love, this is just a few things I'd like to see changed with her.

Comments

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

the plag is fine as is, she can almost oneshot a survivor if you can aim her vomit propoly she is probably high mid tier/ low high tier depending on which platform you use becasue all aim based killers are harder on console becasue of camera speed limits.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Hey, ever heard they gonna add more loop and pallet later?

That's gonna counter her vomit even more

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Shorter loops with better mindgame potential. That's not a nerf or buff for her, just a lateral move

• Shroompy

Maybe in lower ranks, Plague has the potential to be strong if she catches survivors out in the open. Problem is she's a sky scrapper and you can see her from across the map, she also has a 32m terror radius so survivors usually have enough time to get to a safe spot. She's not in a good spot right now. If there we're a better reason to cleanse, then she'd be good but currently there is no reason to cleanse. You'll just get sick again in no time. If you cleanse you screw up your entire team and possibly yourself, she's low mid tier at best. She's worst than Wraith, Doctor and Trapper

Wraith (Can at least catch survivors off guard)

Doctor (His shock can aid in chase)

Trapper (At least he can block off loops and end chases pretty quickly if you know what you're doing)

• Shroompy

She's an M1 killer with nothing to aid her in chase. She can be compared to Legion because survivors don't heal to often against them. And Legion has tracking while Plague has nothing.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

Wrong. People keep perpetuating this idea, but it's entirely incorrect. If they don't cleanse, you hit them once, they fall down, and you win.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I like this! Vomiting on the generator makes it regress and while it's corrupted the gen can't be repaired at normal speed.

• Shroompy

If survivors are good being broken simply means nothing, they can still get to safe area's and loop her like its nothing. So its more like: Puke all over them, get 1-2 hooks because you caught survivors off guard (if you're lucky) eat pallets for the rest of the remaining gens, have all survivors cleanse so they get a free heal and you have corrupt, fantastic. Oh wait they all escaped

• BigBlackMori

meanwhile, i'm crushing people with her since the moment she released.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I suggested in another thread that if you are 100% infected then you get rapid fire skill checks and failed penalty is tripled. That would encourage survivors to cleanse but still allow the option to NOT do it if you are good enough to do those skill checks, for those times when time is of the essence maybe but not for the entire game.

• Shroompy

If you're a good killer going against mediocre survivors, then yes you're able to get kills. Im a Wraith main, starting to play Legion a bit more recently and again still get 4k's. Don't get me wrong Plague is strong, if survivors cleanse.. if they don't cleanse she's damn near useless.

• Shroompy
  • Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

She also hasn't gotten any new cosmetics since release. It's like they forgot about her which is strange since she was all hyped with trailers, a livestream, and all this talk on how this is their most exciting killer to be release.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

I stomp potato survivors with her as well. But I can do that with any killer and it says nothing about her strength as a killer.

• CallMeSpidey

Her design, Lore, current cosmetics and her power are so unique.

They can do so much with her, seems like Spirit and some survivors are still getting all the attention.

• BigBlackMori

Here's the thing. I've been saying this for years, and getting the same response from people who won't bother to learn a different playstyle - both Killer and Survivor. I'm tired of posting videos, 'proving' my rank and skill when any dingleberry can look up a steam profile (mine isn't private and there is no one else with my name) or just ...ask around.

So if you want 'proof' that you'll just dismiss anyway, you know how to find it. But know that 'you're playing against potatoes' was what they said with every 'underpowered' Killer i've flattened survivors on at Rank 1. Funnily enough, the only Killers i can't play well are Billy and Nurse, hence why i don't comment on them. But you do you; keep thinking Plague is bad, and if you and people like you who will not adapt get her buffed i'll enjoy never having so much as a chance of losing

Seeya in the fog.

• CallMeSpidey
    edited June 2019

You're assuming people will judge you from the start.

I simply asked for proof, that's it. Show us you're doing well at high ranks, that's all.

I'm a Nurse/Spirit main and I've done a few matches with the Plague, even after her release when I have dailies and she has no unique play-style.

Have someone broken, get looped, chase, eventually bloodlust ----> hook.

Rinse and repeat.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

What Rank are you? because in red ranks no one cleanses and most people are able too just run her around since her ability does nothing once everyone is sick. Sure you'll get lucky time too time and get greedy survivors, but her vomit also has a horrid hitbox, and so does her weapon because its a lantern. She is not even close too high tier, and she is usually the 4th worst killer, usually ahead of legion, wraith, and freddy.

• edgarpoop

What unique playstyle? She's a solid slugger with the the right build, I'll give her that. Infecting multiple survivors at the start? She's just a worse Freddy at that point.

• Shroompy

Legion is actually much better than Plague because at least Legion has tracking and a poor map pressure, they can also stall the game.

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151
    edited June 2019

They crippled her when released from PTB. Sad. I haven't seen a Plague killer for some time now.

Check this thread. It has more attention. The kind of attention the Plague needs.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64075/plague-needs-love-and-attention/p5

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited June 2019

You serious? The Plague can track you down if you're not cleansing. u basically just emit disease clouds when you're moving, continuous coughing (making noise), and everything you touched will be infected! And if you cleanse, you just telling her where your location are! No tracking???

Legion has tracking, but you have to hit someone and they have to be inside your Terror Radius with Frenzy first!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Plague is weaker than Legion and Legion is quite weak.

The biggest thing killing Plague is how loopable she is with her huge size and TR.

At least Legion has better mind games with his size and he doesn't get gen rushed quite as bad with healing time.

The vomiting and caughing sounds are irrelevant as you aren't hearing those unless you are basically on top of them anyway. They also aren't cleansing so you aren't getting location information.

• edgarpoop
    edited June 2019

I might record some footage of the Plague against red rank survivors later. I feel like people (devs included) don't believe us.

• Blueberry

I don't know if that would change anything but better than doing nothing I suppose.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I am always in favor of any buffs to killer that aren't nurse or billy.

• BigBlackMori

If actual evidence that she is not as bad as you seem to think won't change your mind, then the problem is you and not the Killer. Like...you just literally said 'I won't believe anything but what i want to believe no matter what.' Is it really that hard to swallow the idea that she just might not be a Killer any idiot can pick up and just grasp instantly?

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited June 2019

Again, she is not weak. She's unfun to play and a design letdown overall.

Move some of her power towards Corrupt Purge (and being able to use it consistently) and she's just fine.

Saying she's worse than Wraith, Doctor and Trapper is a joke. She plays like Tier 3 Myers for most of the time. Her problem is player satisfaction, no power. She seems weak because, well, which M1 no mobility killer doesn't?

Reminder: being mid tier isn't inherently bad, it just sucks in this game.

• GhostrickSpecter
    edited June 2019

"Legion can use his power to track, Plague has nothing! Plague's power is useless if they don't cleanse, and she can't down them with her power!" Okay! Can Legion down someone with his power? So you use your frenzy on injured survivor for tracking, which you had a chance to down them? Lol , weird logic number 1

"Plague is loopable!" so you're telling me you can't loop a Legion? So you use your power at the loop, and again, can you down them with it? Lol , weird logic number 2

"The vomiting and coughing sounds are irrelevant as you aren't hearing those unless you are basically on top of them anyway. " So you play Killer without relying on sounds, do you? Weeee!!! We have a pro, a pro deafen Killer~How do you even play Nurse and Spirit with that? Lol , weird logic number 3

Post edited by GhostrickSpecter on
  • BigBlackMori

Can't argue opinion. I enjoy her immensely and have never had any survivors complain about her being unfun - in fact i've had plenty of survivors comment that she's fun to play against in aftergame chat, though i'm sure some survivor somewhere has complained about her because survivors complain about any Killer that isn't totally incapable of doing anything, and I don't personally know any Killer players who consider her unfun but...that's very YMMV. I actually like that she is never without options at any point in a trial, and think that changing her playstyle to focus more on corrupt purge (It already is focused on corrupt purge, by the way - either heal and risk giving it to her or don't and be vulnerable; lose-lose) would be a mistake that'd make her a better Huntress because its insanely easy to hit with purge as-is.

• GhostrickSpecter

"Noed OP, pls nerf! No Mither is trash, pls buff!" "Don't cleanse yourself and remain broken, useless power lol" Thinking using fountain is a bad idea, but complains about Noed and No Mither??? Lol , weird logic number 4

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@DudeDelicious Height plays a factor when it comes to visual blockers. Most loops contain objects with different sizes. So smaller killers like Hag, Legion or Freddy have more space to pull off moonwalks while taller killers need really high objects to hind behind. Smaller killer are also harder to spot from a distance, which might play a role as well.

• Blueberry

No, it's because you're dense and don't realize what I was actually saying.

It's because posting a video is anecdotal evidence aka something that isn't worth much.

"Like...you just literally said 'I won't believe anything but what i want to believe no matter what.'"

No, that isn't what I said at all. That is you not being able to understand what we are talking about.

"Is it really that hard to swallow the idea that she just might not be a Killer any idiot can pick up and just grasp instantly?"

This isn't something I said or implied whatsoever.

You are doing so much self projecting it's ridiculous. You are misinterpreting what people are saying for what your preconceived notions already believe about them.

After you get some more hours into the game you'll realize how wrong your opinions are.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

The movement speed NERFS killed her

• Shroompy

The "clouds" barely do anything, very rarely you'll find somebody just because you see something in the distance get infected. And also if you cleanse you'll get found? Most of the time when a survivor cleanses (if they're even dumb enough to cleanse) they'll be far away from you. Only thing she has going for her is she's basically T3 Michael without the longer lunge and faster vault speed.

A whole section of her ability is useless if survivors are optimal. Thats the point im trying to get here.

• Shroompy
    edited June 2019

I never said Legion isn't able to be looped. They're still able to be looped like any other M1 killer how Im saying they're stronger because at least they have tracking and they're shorter, opening more possibilities for mind games

EDIT: Another thing, I do play with sounds but with how sounds are currently, it doesn't matter too much. I also play Spirit but not Nurse, I play with about 20fps (Bad PC, Wraith main btw).

Also the coughing could be heard by any killer who is able to injure survivors.. So literally every killer..

• Shroompy

I want you to play Plague at high ranks and realize how little survivors cleanse. Cleansing is probably one of the stupidest things you can do in this game, you screw over your entire team, you get fully healed... but she has corrupt so now pallets and windows aren't safe because she can just throw up on you and down you in seconds. Plague is amazing with Corrupt. But if survivors are smart they won't cleanse.

• Shroompy

I also don't know what you mean by me saying "Noed OP, pls nerf! No Mither is trash, pls buff!"

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Not sure what Legions you’re getting but at red rank Legion is crazy. He prolongs the game better than any other killer.

• Blueberry

At red ranks survivors just don't heal and he gets looped to oblivion until all gens are done with pallets still left.

• GhostrickSpecter
    edited June 2019

@Shroompy So? Your point? If you think Plague is bad just becuz Survivors don't use the fountains, that means you're a bad player!

She's better than Huntress at high wall loops because she's faster and neither of them can hit their abilities on high loops. If the Survivors don't use the fountains, they're broken against a 115% MS killer. If you don't down Survivors who don't use the fountains, I'm sorry, but you're the "WORST" Plague player in the entire DBD history!

Corrupt Purge is just her great "BONUSES", not her main "POWER"! If you afraid of Survivors not using the fountains, and focus too much on the Corrupt Purge, again, you're the "WORST" Plague player in the game!

If they don't use the fountains, they're just gonna get one shot in the whole game, which makes her chase a lot shorter! When they're broken, they'll made a lot of noises, emit green clouds and anything they touched will be infected, which makes them impossible to stealth against a Plague! Still don't get it????? Or you just afraid of getting looped so you want the Corrupt Purge so bad???? And which M1 Killer doesn't get looped anyway, huh???

If you afraid Survivors not using the fountains and focus too much on the Corrupt Purge, you're over! You sound like you play her like a Huntress 2.0. becuz you afraid Survivors not using the fountains for your Corrupt Purge!

You said she has Corrupt so now pallets and windows aren't safe because she can just throw up on you and down you in seconds. So? You can't stealth when you're not infected? Can she infect you with Corrupt Purge? Lol, another weird logic.

Why I saying "Noed op pls nerf! No Mither is trash pls buff!", Cuz I'm not just talking about you, narcissism~

• Shroompy

I'm just saying she's flawed!

There are way better picks than Plague right now!

Plague is just a killer who needs some design tweaks!

I just wanted to voice my thoughts, for the time I played Plague she's not good against optimal survivors. No matter how good you are you won't get 4k's every game. I would still get 4k's as Plague but not nearly as much as for say Myers or Doctor. If you get any large map with Plague you're pretty much screwed. Of course she's better than Huntress, if survivors cleanse. But if you want to compare because of movement speed compare her to literally any killer that has 115% and I can assure you most of them are better. Her power does nothing besides make a survivor broken, doesn't slow down the game what so ever, doesn't give her any pressure, nothing. Keep calling me the worst player in the game it's all you really do. Plague isn't fun

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Well at this point I don't have hopes about The Plague anymore. The devs said so many times that she is a formidable, strong, potential, shiny killer so... Idk. Let's pretend that she is strong. And it's funny because I only see people who never touched her saying that she is balanced