Advice for the devs

Options
MonsterInMyMind
MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

1.) Stop designing killers with weak powers this whole logic "we want killers to be fun not strong" take this and throw it out the window.

2.) Dont be afraid to make a killer billy level there is nothing wrong with this i actually think all killers should be close if not billy level start working to create more killers who are fun and strong.

3.) Fun should not be the only thing that you base a killer off it should be will this power have an impact within the game or will it be ghostface who actually does nothing.

4.) Im gonna be honest if you guys dont start stepping up your design game people are gonna smarten up and they are not gonna waste money on these awful designs some will probably the ones who have money to waste but what you need to worry about is the smart ones who know that ghostface trademark means nothing if it cant preform in game.

First it was ghostface getting leaked then was the outfit which i understood why as its hard to get that license at the moment with whats going on now its just ghostface is actual trash tier.

Im sorry but this ones gotta be said how many hours in the game does the people designing these killers have you dont have to name drop but now this has got to be made public because a lot of us are questioning what is going on behind the scenes someone either has never played the game but knows how to code or they play the game and have never made it past rank 20.

You can argue the ptb is for finding things like this but the community can argue you wouldn't have this problem if you guys took the time to learn the metas of your own game and started understanding the core mechanics that make a killer good.

1.) Map Pressure.

2.) Powers that help in a chase.

Example

Hillbilly Chainsaw

Hag traps

Nurse Blink

Spirit Gap Close

Myers Instant Down

3.) Ability to end a chase fast as gens go fast in this meta.

4.) Slugging a killer that has slug potential is a game changer in almost every situation.

There's many more things i could list but this is the gist see you guys would know this if you actually played the game which now im starting to question if you guys really play the game or just play the dev build all day.

What people are tired of seeing is basic M1 killers with nothing to help them in a chase its lame man it honestly is.

Edit STOP MAKING KILLERS LIKE THIS

Post edited by MonsterInMyMind on

Comments

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Tbh ghost is fun however it's difficult to get survivors

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

We still need some steppingstone killers. Not every killer should be billy level since we need steppingstones like Trapper for newer players however most should be buffed.

• GrootDude
    Options

They also teach you the basics AKA steppingstones. The devs themselves have said that not every killer is meant to be viable.

• GrootDude
    Options

They’re designed to teach the basics. We need some killers that teach the basics. @Sairek

• GrootDude
    Options

That alone wouldn’t really make him viable since he still has to reset them.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options
  • GrootDude
    Options

It would make him more viable but I doubt you could make him R1 viable while keeping him a steppingstone.

• GrootDude
    Options

@weirdkid5 first I’ve never played Streetfighter or Overwatch. Did you read my original comment? I guess not since I said that most needed buffed but some needed to be steppingstones.

Please tell me how you’d make Trapper a viable steppingstone.

• GrootDude
    Options

Well I’ve never played them so of course I won’t fully address it since I know nothing about it. He is a steppingstone killer meant for low rank play and teaching, why do you continue to ignore the fact that I said most should be buffed.

I use to play F13 and I currently play Apex Legends, Just because I play different ones than you doesn’t mean that I don’t play any.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited June 2019
    Options

Advice for Hexyl

1. Stop thinking that only "strong" killers like Billy and Nurse are worth playing. This game is supposed to be fun.

2. Play someone else other than Billy. There is nothing wrong with playing killers other than Billy.

3. Fun is the only thing that matters in a game. Tying fun to your desire to win and stomp your enemies is a recipe for saltiness and discontent.

4. If you are going to threaten the Devs do it properly and not in such a passive aggressive fashion. 

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

So umm why do we need stepping stones?

what happened to play and figure it out lol

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited June 2019
    Options

Wait a second, why do we need stepping stone killers? It’s not like u can tell someone who is a normal nurse not to play nurse. U have no control over the killer...

so what’s the point again?

lol rank 10-20 wraith pig Freddy legion traps and umm doc only 5-10 hag clown plague Myers hunt and doc 2-5 billy and only nurse at 1.... u all are now teachers go teach!

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Someone had to tell it. Thank you.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I hope you mean viable but not 100% balanced

Power should come with skill, which is part of what makes Nurse so brilliant. Killer's that are easy to use and have a low skill ceiling like Bubba should not be just as powerful.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

"Dont be afraid to make a killer billy level there is nothing wrong with this i actually think all killers should be close if not billy level start working to create more killers who are fun and strong."

Viable is pretty much close to billy level if we are being honest billy can win and lose but he still has the core mechanics that make him viable.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Fair enough. It probably wouldn't be the level I'd personally pick - I would of gone huntress myself who is a step below Billy IMO

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529
    Options

Make more chapters like spirit's chapter. Good killer that relies on skill without many restrictions. All round decent good perks on both sides. It seemed like this was a passion project compared to some of the latest ones, especially ghostface's "chapter"

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

I don't agree with this notion.

Again, Ryu is viable and probably the most balanced character in the entirity of SF, and is also the easiest to use.

Easy to use should not suddenly mean less powerful. It should mean wider options, at the cost of these options not being as EFFECTIVE as a Killer who has only one option, like Nurse.

Giving the Killer more options in a match will suddenly make them more viable without buffing them at all really. Such as giving Trappdr 3 traps at the start of the match. This gives Trapper many more options and a much faster start on his trap game, suddenly he's a MUCH more viable Killer.

Every Killer should be viable. All of them. It's dumb to even say a single Killer shouldn't be viable at Rank 1.

At the end of the day, only somewhat skilled Killers are going to make it to the top given how top tier Survivor squads play. Making Killers intentionally ######### at high ranks is absolutely the worst design choice they could make. Not only does it remove variety from the high ranks, but no one wants the character they like the most to be held back by a stupid design choice such as "stepping stones."

You mentioned a low skill ceiling. The problem with someone like Nurse is she is high floor and high ceiling. Bubba is low floor low ceiling. They need to tackle characters like Bubba in the fashion Ryu is tackled in SF; low floor, but HIGH ceiling.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

I feel the Devs try to trend killers to a more "fun for survivors" type of playstyle due to the simple fact that survivors outnumber killer players 4 to 1 so they want to tend to the majority of players. Thats fine, i can sorta understand that.

The problem with that sort of idea lies with the fact killers are also a vital part of the game, without killers theres no game, end of. So maybe appeal to killer players as well? Also, as @Hexyl suggested, fun is subjective. Some survivors find it fun to loop and bully a killer all game, then T-bag them at the exit gates and leave. and if they find that fun fair enough, theres gonna be people like that in this sorta game and im guilty of doing it myself from time to time. But at the end of the day this is an asymmetrical horror game. one of the key words there being horror. If you don't take the power role of these types of games seriously then people won't play seriously, meaning rather than stick with this game, with the grind and the appeal of different characters, they'll find another game that does it better. Quite a few of the people i play with find a thrill in the fact that a killer is scary and want the challenge of going against it, or should be at least.

The Devs are either too scared to make dangerous killers or they simple don't know how to. Start playing your game or we won't. And before someone like @Mochan starts calling me out saying "im threatening the devs". Nah mate, im being realistic. People buy and play this game for the fun of it and the functionality of it. Most people, like myself, find competition fun, hence where the whole idea of the game comes into play. If that fun goes, weather it be one side isn't at where they need to be (balance wise) then people are going to move onto other games, simple. And we can leave functionality of the game to a later discussion.

If a valid competitor comes onto the market for this type of game that isnt a cheap knock-off. DbD has gotta make a lot of improvements and fast or its gonna lose a lot of its playerbase.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

I thought of a slight change to GhostFace, but I don't want to make some survivor mains cry in terror, we all know they will find a way to say "WaAaAa gHoStFacE oP pLs NeRf"

I agree on this post though

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options

I really think they neither play their game nor do they know what a good killer is anymore,Ghost face is so cucked just by the camera. Which makes me question the design process in general of killers its as if they are made in a bhvr echo chamber where everything is ok somehow.