Do you think Ghostface will be good after they fix these bugs

AChaoticKiller
AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

So I hear that currently his power is extremely bugged when it comes to survivors spoting him. Here are the bugs I've heard but it might not all be true.

-survivors can cancel his power while in the dieing state and while hooked.

-survivors can cancel his power through walls and without actually looking at him for the required time(its not supposed to be the instant you see him it cancels the power)

-the noise/notification survivors hear is not supposed to be a thing(it probably is unfortunately)

-survivors are supposed to only be able to cancel his power when looking at Ghost face within 180° of the camera. (Mabey that's why they are adding survivors showing which way they look on gens.)

Do you guys think that if all these things were addressed Ghost face would be viable? Or do you think he would still need some buffs.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Maybe. We'll have to wait till he hits live so he isnt expected every game xd

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

If they make it so that the Circle Gauge Survivors get while being stalked doesn't deplete until they're hit... AND they fix the detection for Ghost Face, making it not literally impossible for him to get it to proc...

I can see him being a solid to pretty good killer in the right hands. If you've played Myers, this is basically him except a short Killer (Which is better) but the power can't be pocketed like Myers can sadly (Unless they change what I said above)

If they do that though for him... I can see him being better than Myers, and that's tough to say since I main Myers.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Immediate problems I see with ghostface, whether they're bugs or features, @Peanits or @not_Queen can you guys confirm?

1. Power Immediately cancels, instead of a 1 second delay.
    2. Power is canceled by downed/hooked survivors
    3. Power is canceled whether survivors have LoS or not, as long as he's in the camera view.
    4. Power can be canceled when GF can't even stalk survivors (example, in corn)

Things that would go a long way towards making GF playable:

1. Survivors have to point in GFs general direction, while having LoS to cancel his power.
    2. If GF doesn't have LoS on the survivor, the survivor can't cancel his power.
    3. Make the exposed meter not deplete until its fully charged. (GF never sat in one spot. He's knock on your door, run behind your house, etc. before killing you)
  • FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited June 2019

@ba_tetsuo I agree with the suggestions you made.

And as for the 4 questions above for Not_queen and peanits, I can 100% tell you from personal experience and others experience that his power will deplete no matter what situation it is. As long as that camera is in his general direction the power depletes. Don't get me wrong, it has a range for how far it has to be... But its gotta be a very far distance since I've had someone deplete my gauge who was at least 30 meters away in corn.

I had a rare situation where someone was looking right at me and the power didn't deplete for a good 5 seconds. But that's about it, the power will deplete, on the spot, no matter if the Survivors on the ground, the hook, etc.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

This is honestly the dumbest ######### mentality and BHVR should be ashamed to call themselves game developers with that line of thinking.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited June 2019

Imo ghostface will destroy newbies and most players first week. Then he will just be stealthy M1 killer.

Spine Chill just removes him as a threat. You can deny his instadown by just looking at him. Others can bodyblock for you if he managed to proc instadown.

He will be absolute garbage at purple and red ranks. I have to admit that his animations, looks and general design are amazing tho! He can also tbag and is killer who enjoys what he does (anniversary stream, mori) and will be picked just for this. Efficient killers will stay the same: Nurse, Billy, Hag, Spirit, Myers, Trapper.

But the time will show, I hope that I am wrong and he will turn out to be great and fun killer!

I am not buying him with kash tho, never again after Legion fiasco. Maybe with shards tho...

@weirdkid5 Games are meant to be fun. It should be the priority for every developer. Of course he should be viable, but its way healthier to release slightly underpowered killer (and buff him acordingly later on), than op one. If you want top tier killer go Nurse or Spirit. Keep in mind, that there are many perks, and maybe his playstyle will allow to abuse some niche perks in unecpected way? Patience.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

The problem lies within his core ability. The survivors can cancel his power by spotting him. His power is pretty much worthless and leaves him as a 115% speed M1 killer without special ability.

His power needs to get changed.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

Need to play him and undersand how he work :D every new killer we think that it sh*t :D

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Nope.

• Ihatelife

I don't even want to look at him during the release. They've make another iconic killer to look like meme.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

No.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

He will be as trash as now, he is the biggest joke in gaming history

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

*Put theorycraft hat on*.

Assuming his power will eventually work as intended, what does it actually do ?

-Hide his TR while moving at normal speed.

-Hide his red stain while crouching but reducing his movement speed to that of a running survivor.

-Give him the ability to quick stalk individual survivors and expose them for a short time.

-His power is meant to be interupted by survivors if they spot him. This is currently what is the most broken and will be changed. But it will certainly remain part of his power.

So at the end of the day he has an unreliable insta down attack that depend on his stealth ability and the blindness of survivors. He also has no mobility and no innate tool to really waste the survivor's time or hinder the gen rush. In fact his whole shtick is to slowly creep around the map peeking at survivors hoping they don't see him.

Currently he just a strictly worse version of Amanda, without traps or dash attack. He need to be able to rely on his stalking and exposing if he ever want to be more than that. If he can't capitalize on the time he has to invest in hiding and stalking with somewhat reliable insta down what is even the point ?

*Take therorycraft hat off*.

Hopefully we shall see some fix coming to the PTB Soon™. He just can't stay the way he is right now.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

In short:

If Ghostflat successfully can stalk someone he would be a good ambush killer.

If survivors can counter his power he becomes the worst m1 killer if the game.

• NoShinyPony

@Cymer Yup. Imagine the survivors could cancel Michael's stalking just by spotting him...

• Ihatelife

Imagine if the survivors could burn Wraith once they'll spotted him in invisibility lmao

• NoShinyPony

@Ihatelife Without a flashlight, just by looking at him angrily? lol I think we just created a new game mechanic here. /s

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

I think i know what they are upto.. instead of making him very strong and nerfing him after PTB like thy usuallydo they are doing it the other way.. making him really weak and will probably make him superstrong in after PTB or in next few days :P Coz im not buying this DLC to get bullied. im no masochist