Do you play nicer when a survivor DCs?

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I have to admit I used to really back off, trying to get one hook each for BBQ but otherwise letting survivors have their run of the game if a teammate DC'd on them. But it happens so much that if you do that you never get a real game. I almost feel like when playing killer I have to try to punish them more hoping survivors start pressuring other survivors to stop DCing.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Comments

• Penkoffi
    Penkoffi Member Posts: 8

Disconnecting is being a huge problem lately, to me it depends on when the survivor disconnects or what kind of survivors i'm versing

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I let two people go and still pip. It happens too often if survivors are nice or someone dc'ed. I never let toxic ones go tho.

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

Never. I find farming with survivors boring. It`s their problem that their friend DCed, i only lost ~700bp in sacrificing category

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Usually yes.

If they're toxic and rage quit then no.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Exactly. I think I did that only one time because a survivor's group DCed on first down after being toxic and he was the only one that wasn't the same way. We just went our separate ways to find better games.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Depends on how survivors play

Sometimes I'll cut them some slack after a guy d/cs as soon as I look at him at 5 gens

Other times If I eat through 3 moms and some guy rage quits second down after popping an instaheal at 3-2 gens, I'm gonna do what I want everyone in the game to do. Play the game.

As a general rule of thumb though, I mostly give out hatch/gate at the end of a d/c game, even if I didn't go easy on them after the d/c.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yea, as long as killing them as fast as possible counts as "nice".

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218

Depends on how much tea-bagging is involved

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Not anymore, it sucks but man, I'm tired of farming, I just want a normal game for once. I will always let one go tho when the opportunity presents itself

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

If someone disconnects early in the game I kind of go easier on survivors so everyone benefits from the game which means 100% no tunnel/camp/slug. I don't farm, though. Way too boring and takes too long.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,029

Depends on when the DC happens. If it's early in the game I'll go easy, later in the game I might not.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Eh, I used to. But so many dcs I just can't be bothered anymore. I just play the game, albeit not sweaty, just to get it done with.

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86

I play normal, not my fault someone dc'd, not theirs as well, so I always give hatch to the last one.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I play full sweaty tryhard until I get down to the last survivor who I let escape.

Now that the hatch will spawn no matter how many gens are done, it means I don't have to do the boring farming game and I can still let someone take the hatch at the end.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I do. It's just not the same going against 3 survivors, I can't bring my "serious" game into it knowing that I had a huge advantage in the fight.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited June 2019

Being "nice" to survivors...HAHAHAHAHA....oh, some of you are serious. Of course not! I give no quarter and no mercy EVER! You can leave only if you outplay me, there is no way else.

"Let the last one escape". I like to let the last survivor crawl a little towards the hatch or the exit before mori them right there. Sweet sweet tears of terror, anger and regret :-)

Post edited by RoKrueger on
  • Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I was being serious. If I played well and know I will pip I let people go. I don't see why not.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

If someone disconnects, I usually let the remaining three escape. I'll still hook them twice though.

I just don't find it entertaining playing against three survivors. Also, I don't mind dicking around and letting them escape.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It all depends on my points. If I haven't earned enough points I'll farm with them. But if I'm wanting to get into another game soon then I'll just kill them.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Why should I play any different because one person wants to screw everyone else over, 'nicer' for me is killing them fast so they can move on.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248

Really depends on my mood. It's ultimately not our responsibility to ensure that the other game mode is fun.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I used to. And occasionally let people escape. But then come the “GG EZ” “Baby Killer still lost with a DC”.

So now I kill everyone regardless of DC :)

• MeVstheCommunity
    MeVstheCommunity Member Posts: 4

No I learned my lesson im never letting anyone go if can help it some survivors are really pleasant and would send a ty now survivors tbag you and say you're trash in my experience the girls are really toxic and oh man do they like to click that flashlight when there just a foot out of the gate so no no one's going anywhere (shaking my fist in the air )

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

I'm a multiple personality killer and do a little bit of everything a mentioned already. Still I went the opposite way of most people on average for the early dc games. I killed everyone as fast as possible when in-game dcs were less common to get it over with and we'd all do bad. Now I'll usually be nice if it's early on. A lot of times I can find a way to change up my playstyle to still challenge myself a bit if the last three are decent. I usually don't let them know I'm letting them farm either but I'll take pallet hits and blinds I'd normally avoid.

Still some are ungrateful and I even got threatened with the Dbd cops for letting the last two Get some points last week. One said I was taking the game hostage despite the fact that they were doing gens. Enough of that kind of stuff and then I let my hatred run wild and make everyone suffer as much as possible to remind them of what can be. Eventually that thirst is quenched and repeat.