The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Insidious Buff

Shad03
Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Allow for Insidious to see Survivor auras within 8/12/16 meters along with the normal effects it already has.

BUT

Using Insidious while within 16 meters of a hooked survivor will prevent Insidious Aura Reading, so while it can be used to camp like it did before, it also has hunting applications.

Post edited by Shad03 on

Comments

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

I think it should give the killers a double damage buff on their next melee swing as well for 15s unless theyre within 16m of a hooked survivor. So this could see some play at loops

• Shad03

@Victory Nah, I just want a simple jumpscare kinda perk. Besides, as soon as you stand still for the time it takes to get that, people will start running elsewhere.

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

but thats what makes pig decent, you force them to abandon the loop

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Perhaps the 3 second insidious cooldown grants a double damage hit? Long enough to gain speed and lunge.

• Shad03

@Victory

@AetherBytes

It'd still be pretty useless unless it wasn't on a timer. And then it'd be called overpowered, I would rather not have to think about that.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The game seriously doesn't need any more aura reading perks for killers. I like the double damage idea, it enables more basement camping shenanigans other than Leatherface.

• Shad03

@Mochan I mean, you aren't seeing the bigger picture here. I don't want this perk to be a pure camping mechanic, hence why the aura reading isn't activated within 16 meters of a hooked survivor.

The perk can be used for camping, sure, but now it has a hunting/jumpscare effect in closed maps.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

i dislike the idea of more aura reading its just too much you have alot of perks that you can see it my person idea of insidious its if someone its doing solo/group a gen at 50% of progression the aura will become white but also it reduce a little bit the TR know i know this is also aura reading but seen youre idea you can make a insane build of aura reading to see the survivor example BBQ, bitter murmur, nurse calling, and with this makes kinda a difficult situation on survivor i prefer more auras for objects like gens now the idea of this its a combination of M&A with discordance

• Shad03

@Tru3Lemon That'd just make you a immobile Wraith, and honestly, the perk would be situational in the way Balanced Landing would be. Since not all maps are good for a perk like Insidious.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@Shad03 true but i dont know im trying to think some ideas for this perk to work bu to be honest it needs a full rework just like tinkerer

• B1akN3ss
    B1akN3ss Member Posts: 17

I tried it once but survivors all all just pointed at me when it was active