MoM nerfed to the ground

Options

Don't get me wrong, the current state of the perk is unbalanced and unfair for m1 killers , BUT i don't think that 3 protection hits is the way to fix it. Who on earth is going to take 3 protection hits in solo q ??

I guess is another dead and useless perk like Vigil.

Devs, try best the next time.

Comments

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited June 2019
    Options

Uemm... Is 3 protection hits AND/OR 3 safe unhooking

Just unhook someone and do body block/shield and you get 2 stacks now

Might hard on Solo but easy on SWF

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    Options

When you are healthy and have MoM active, then it counters EVERY instadown. WAY TOO STRONG!

• skillchecks
    skillchecks Member Posts: 117
    Options

SWF running MoM was the worst part about this perk. If i'm playing killer i really don't care if only one person has MoM. But if i see a SWF in my lobby and i know they all have MoM, i just dodge the lobby.

They should make the perk to encourage people to play solo and take risks...but i'm not taking 3 protection hits for nobody, no thanks.

• skillchecks
    Options

Plus, if the killer is running Sloppy butcher or tant i don't even bother on healing, so...

• skillchecks
    Options

2 protection hits and you need to be injured for MoM the be activated sounds better IMO

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

So was Tinkerer, Deerstalker, and so on. Adapt

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    Options

Yawn

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

The effect of MoM is so strong that this perk shouldn't have made it into the game to begin with. At least now, with the condition for this perk to get activated being not easy to achieve, it's in an okay state and can stay that way.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Johnny_XMan You know you can easily counter Spirit Fury by just dropping the pallet a tad earlier...

• solo_survivor
    solo_survivor Member Posts: 85
    Options

MoM is too weak.

Please refund.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

At least with MoM, they get the stick one more time.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

MoM literally protects you from insta-down attacks while at full health now, it didn't before. So one of its counters has been removed.

Wow, such nerf.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

I play both sides, and I can say that there's no state where it will be good. It's in a weird situation where 2 is too little, 3 is too much.

• k7142001
    k7142001 Member Posts: 11
    Options

It's not difficult to activate Devour hope. If the totem is hidden well, you can get its exposed effect after three hooks. It has more to do with your luck of totem placement than requirements to activate the perk.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

While yes, i agree that MoM was a stupid decision on the devs to even add to the game (as it punishes killers for doing their job? And punishes the lower tier killers the most? Its stupid.) But, the way they’re taking the perk will entirely kill it- how are people going to get 3 protection hits, while doing gens, breaking totems, being chased, and all the while protection hits are bugged anyway? You will almost never be able to activate this perk- unless you’re a dead teammate who takes hits every single time a survivor is picked up. I think that they should just keep it how it is on ptb- but increasing the number of stacks you need (to 4 or 5) or making it so its protection hits only, but decreasing the number of stacks (to 2. Though i can see this being problematic with insta heals.) Either way, in the direction theyre taking it nobody will run it at all. Btw, im a survivor main (probably around 2000 hours, cant tell though since im on ps4.)

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I also think protection hits are broken right now because I got a "protection" score while healing at an exit gate. No one was around and I was healing, since the Legion player was doing 360 twirl spins as she slowly walked toward me, (it was a fun/interesting game) after she hit me I got the "protection" score...despite no one being around.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Ok, well I respectfully disagree.

The perk itself is meant to be strong, therefore hardly having a counter at all.

Also, not everything in this game has a "counter". Let's go back to Spirit Fury, so you say drop the pallet a 'tad' early... Like a survivor is suppose to know the killer has this perk (much like the killer doesn't know the survivor has Mettle). This perk procs without notice, without a counter... same with Mettle. Imagine if they made it so only pallets that stun killers count towards their stacks.

It seems to me that people aren't upset at how you obtain the effect, but the effect itself.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Johnny_XMan You were the one who brought up Spirit Fury.

If you play against experienced survivors, some of them will expect Spirit Fury and drop early. (Similar to people expecting BBQ or NOED and taking precaution.)

And if you play against an SWF group, then after the first time you were able to benefit from the perk, the survivor will tell his teammates that you are running the perk. After that, everybody will drop early.

That's why some players prefer the combination of Enduring + Brutal Strength over Enduring + Spirit Fury.

You can't compare Spirit Fury to MoM, and your definition of a counter is wrong. But as I wrote earlier, MoM is now getting changed in a reasonable way, so no reason to over-discuss this.

Off-topic: If you want to let others know that you replied to them, you should use the "@" tag. Quotes don't give notifications.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited June 2019
    Options

@NoShinyPony Yeah I brought it up, I never once said I didn't.

See, this is the problem I see with a lot of why some people feel that certain perks are an issue. You present a scenario which doesn't always apply to every match.

Just because you have experienced players who might expect Spirit Fury...doesn't mean they know for a fact. I mean that's not even like saying your obsession might have Mettle because you already know it's gonna be either DS or Mettle. You don't even question it. My point was in a lot of ways the non-countering parts of each perk are similar. They are both meant to be strong, with hardly any counterplay.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Johnny_XMan My point is: You can't compare a strong, balanced, counter-able perk like Spirit Fury with a super-unbalanced, too powerful, uncounter-able perk like the current MoM.

This is not about that perks have to be counter-able. It's about balance and the current MoM is the opposite of balance. I'm happy when it's gone.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited June 2019
    Options

My suggestion for MoM:

• It stays the same but once the suvrivor starts healing himself or get healed , the Killer can see the Aura of the Survivor. This will last for the rest of the game.
    • Healing and actionspeed decreased by 10% throughout the rest of the game.
    • Movement speed decreased by 5/4/3% throughout the rest of the game.

Thats in my opinion a reasonable change, and you have to pay a big price for that extra hit.

• skillchecks
    Options

Yeah, also, i tried taking hits while the killer was carrying a survivor and i didn't get my stacks. I only managed to get them by unhooking teamates.