Killers’ Notified of Boil Over

I don’t think it is good to give this particular information to a Killer once they pick up a Survivor with this perk. 
     As a Killer it only makes me want to check around a corner for any hidden hooks. (Usually there are).

Comments

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    @Jack11803 I can’t seem to figure if you’re sarcastic or not or on which part... but not being able to see those hooks can be disastrous on the part of a Killer (if only they didn’t know they were being hidden).
  • Nightmare_Eyes
    Nightmare_Eyes Member Posts: 9

They can still carry you to a hook they can see. Boil Over is really a useless perk.

• TheTimeMachine

They can still carry you to a hook they can see. Boil Over is really a useless perk.

But said hook may be miles away!
  • Nightmare_Eyes
    Nightmare_Eyes Member Posts: 9

@TheTimeMachine said:
    Nightmare_Eyes said:

They never are.. especially with most killers running Iron Grip. Getting across the map with a survivor is a cake walk.

• TheTimeMachine

@TheTimeMachine said:
    Nightmare_Eyes said:

They never are.. especially with most killers running Iron Grip. Getting across the map with a survivor is a cake walk.

I don’t know~ not ALL Killers run Iron Grasp, and if you position yourself correctly; Killers just won’t make it.
    (I use No Mither to get back up if a Killer knows they can’t hook me :)
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheTimeMachine said:
         I don’t think it is good to give this particular information to a Killer once they pick up a Survivor with this perk. 
         As a Killer it only makes me want to check around a corner for any hidden hooks. (Usually there are).

Yes its not a good idea, just like the hex notifications are a horrible idea. Still they are in the game and I have no idea why, there is literally no reason other than providing an easy mode for streamers who look at the chat half of the game

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@TheTimeMachine said:

Most notifications in the game shouldn't be shown. I'm not even sure the HUD should be a thing in the first place.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Runiver said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

Most notifications in the game shouldn't be shown. I'm not even sure the HUD should be a thing in the first place.

That would just increase the gap between solo survivors and swf parties.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited July 2018
    White_Owl said:

@Runiver said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

True but even you have to admit notifications like huntress lullaby and boil over shouldn't be shown to their respective other parties it would allow them to become a lot more useful.
    As Killers would probably not go for a hook scope out before picking up a boil over person and huntress lullaby wouldn't get immediately destroyed before it gets any decent stack on it both of these perks should be up to the player to figure out if the person has it for themselves.

Remember boil over effects are minimal and huntress lullaby doesn't become in any way shape or form threatening until it hits five stacks and at that stage if you don't notice that huntress lullaby is on that's kind of your prerogative.
  • AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118

What annoys me most of that notification isn't the notification, but that it sometimes stays there the whole match. Come on, fix that bug.

• TheTimeMachine

What annoys me most of that notification isn't the notification, but that it sometimes stays there the whole match. Come on, fix that bug.

Ouch that does sound scary.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@TheTimeMachine said:

As well as giving the survivors a notification, that killer has NOED, when he hits you with hatchet, or chainsaw, but oh well, whis has been in the game from the beginning and they do not want to fix it.

• TheTimeMachine
    @RSB Yeah (as a survivor) when I see a teammate get downed in one hit, I should be able to discern whether or not NOED is active.
         Sometimes, I worry if it was a chainsaw hit or not- but then afterward (once I leave them for dead) I’ll remember, “oh wait! The Entity would’ve told me “The Killer is DANGEROUS stay away”. (By means of notification)
  • Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46

It's been pretty obvious when a survivor is using this perk even if I don't look at the corner of the screen. I can compensate without use of countering perks just by steering opposite to the force of their struggling.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

@Nightmare_Eyes said:
    Getting across the map with a survivor is a cake walk.

The cake is a lie (c)

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

because you think they won't notice that there no hook aura visible if he isn't notified that the survivor is running it?

• TheTimeMachine
    Onehouse said:

It's been pretty obvious when a survivor is using this perk even if I don't look at the corner of the screen. I can compensate without use of countering perks just by steering opposite to the force of their struggling.

It’s a real situational perk, I mean, if your in an open area and the hook is in sight not too far; You’re gonna get hooked most likely. But when your in Lery’s- Entity forbid!- that you make a sharp turn into a wall instead of the door!

• TheTimeMachine

because you think they won't notice that there no hook aura visible if he isn't notified that the survivor is running it?

Are you saying that I think: “Killers won’t notice a hook even if they’re not notified”?
         I absolutely believe Killers won’t be looking for a hook that they can’t see with their own eyes (or an aura of one). I myself as a seasoned veteran... sadly sometimes find myself depending on generator sounds to tell if a Survivor is working on it. 
         Sometimes, we cut corners and may rely on the same tactics or even auras.
  • Austin
    Austin Member Posts: 41

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

Iron Grasp is a meme. Don't act like it's a god tier perk

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@TheTimeMachine said:

So you think that the killer should get NO notifications?
    But survivor get notifications about EVERYTHING.
    Exposed, blind... hell, they even get a notification which "hidden hex" is affecting them.
    But a notification for boil over is to much.
    facepalm

• Volfawott
    Wolf74 said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

Exposed, blind... hell, they even get a notification which "hidden hex" is affecting them.
    facepalm

Honestly I don't think survivors should get that many notifications as well.

Exposed is kind of a necessary notification so I don't have too much of a problem with that.

Blindness it's debatable but I can see why they shouldn't be shown a notification for it should be something to figure out by themselves.

Huntress lullaby: I personally feel like should not show notification at all that is one of the perks I feel like you have to notice it by yourself.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    White_Owl said:

@Runiver said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

True but even you have to admit notifications like huntress lullaby and boil over shouldn't be shown to their respective other parties it would allow them to become a lot more useful.
    As Killers would probably not go for a hook scope out before picking up a boil over person and huntress lullaby wouldn't get immediately destroyed before it gets any decent stack on it both of these perks should be up to the player to figure out if the person has it for themselves.

Remember boil over effects are minimal and huntress lullaby doesn't become in any way shape or form threatening until it hits five stacks and at that stage if you don't notice that huntress lullaby is on that's kind of your prerogative.

We should never increase gap between solo or SWF, in that case; make lullaby not alert at 1 stack, you notice when it actually has an effect... not using psychic mind powers. Make killers loadout invisible until match ends. Not just lullaby, but make ANY hex not detectable until it actually has an effect. Third seal should only alert once aura is blocked, so if you have aura perks, you instantly know, but if you don’t, you gotta wait till a down/hook. NOED in killer POWERS, not weapon, same thing, no effect, yet revealed.

• Volfawott
    Jack11803 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    White_Owl said:

@Runiver said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

We should never increase gap between solo or SWF, in that case; make lullaby not alert at 1 stack, you notice when it actually has an effect... not using psychic mind powers. Make killers loadout invisible until match ends. Not just lullaby, but make ANY hex not detectable until it actually has an effect. Third seal should only alert once aura is blocked, so if you have aura perks, you instantly know, but if you don’t, you gotta wait till a down/hook. NOED in killer POWERS, not weapon, same thing, no effect, yet revealed.

Sorry but how would no notification for huntress lullaby widened the gap between swf and sole players 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

White_Owl said:

@Runiver said:

@TheTimeMachine said:      I don’t think it is good to give this particular information to a Killer once they pick up a Survivor with this perk. 

Sorry but how would no notification for huntress lullaby widened the gap between swf and sole players 

Just further stating my opinion, and about the topic in general. I know you mentioned lullaby too

• Volfawott
    Jack11803 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

White_Owl said:

@Runiver said:

@TheTimeMachine said:      I don’t think it is good to give this particular information to a Killer once they pick up a Survivor with this perk. 

Just further stating my opinion, and about the topic in general. I know you mentioned lullaby too

Oh I was mainly stating it because Huntress can be detected by anyone doing skill checks swf or sole and just outright removing the notification for it wouldn't have a dramatic impact on survivors as it only threatening at 5 stacks and you don't need a notification to notice that plus it would mean the totem will last longer 
  • Wolf74

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

facepalm

Exposed is kind of a necessary notification so I don't have too much of a problem with that.

Blindness it's debatable but I can see why they shouldn't be shown a notification for it should be something to figure out by themselves.

Huntress lullaby: I personally feel like should not show notification at all that is one of the perks I feel like you have to notice it by yourself.

Getting the exposed notification is the WORST of all notifications.
    Why do you see that as "necessary"?
    It is meant to be a jump scare. And if you ain't oblivious towards your team icons, you will notice it anyway.
    It's only spoon feeding the ######### that did not deserve it anyway.

• Volfawott
    Wolf74 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

facepalm

It is meant to be a jump scare. And if you ain't oblivious towards your team icons, you will notice it anyway.

I'm talking more about make your choice and the pinky finger than something like no one escapes death, Devour or tier 3 Michael
  • Wolf74

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Wolf74 said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

facepalm

I'm talking more about make your choice and the pinky finger than something like no one escapes death, Devour or tier 3 Michael

And I am talking about EVERY one hit down mechanic.

• Volfawott
    Wolf74 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Wolf74 said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

facepalm

And I am talking about EVERY one hit down mechanic.

Sorry but the survivor should be able to tell if they have make your choice activated. in fact that's one of the best things about make your choice other than the instadown it makes people playing credibly passively.

I've had people and Both survivor and killer side that have refused to do anything other than hide or sneak around until the time has gone especially considering that means there's one less person working on generators for them in one minute and like it or not it's fair to let the survivors know so they can plan accordingly.

if you were just talking about something like no one escapes death devour hope or Michael I would completely agree with you as it doesn't take a genius to know notice.
  • Wolf74

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Sorry but the survivor should be able to tell if they have make your choice activated. in fact that's one of the best things about make your choice other than the instadown it makes people playing credibly passively.

I've had people and Both survivor and killer side that have refused to do anything other than hide or sneak around until the time has gone especially considering that means there's one less person working on generators for them in one minute and like it or not it's fair to let the survivors know so they can plan accordingly.

if you were just talking about something like no one escapes death devour hope or Michael I would completely agree with you as it doesn't take a genius to know notice.

And I disagree. The exposed notification should completely go away.
    If you find it a good thing that people play "scared" until their timer runs out, imagine ALL survivor playing "scared" after an unhook, because they have MYC to expect.

• Volfawott
    Wolf74 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

And I disagree. The exposed notification should completely go away.
    If you find it a good thing that people play "scared" until their timer runs out, imagine ALL survivor playing "scared" after an unhook, because they have MYC to expect.

Firstly make your choice is nowhere near that common honestly when I play survivor I'm more worried about encountering thanatophobia when someone gets hit or Devour hope than I ever am of encountering make your choice.

Secondly trust me a flashing symbol is a lot more of a fear inducer than the potential that are relatively average perk is equipped.

Lastly once again counterplay is a thing that's needed yet I personally don't agree with every notification that the survivors get for example huntress lullaby doesn't need a notification personally I feel like the same thing goes for Thanatophobia but that's just me because those are things  can be noticed without putting yourself in danger but exposure is a very dangerous status and there needs to be some counterplay around it which I don't get why you're so against it because the counter play for make your choice tends the benefit the killer more than anything else.
  • TheTimeMachine
    @Wolf74 This post was directed towards Boil Over, but I agree with some of your remarks on notifications. 
         Survivors get quite a bit of information- due to SWF balancing possibly? But still, I personally don’t like be (as survivor) notified of Killer perks/status’. It messes with my immersion.