Survivor Perks Tier List (Updated)

xEa
xEa Member Posts: 4,105
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

Hello

Just was thinking about survivor Perks and how good / ballanced they are, so i made a tier list. What are your thoughts about it?

Updated Version (August 2019)

Outdated: (June 2019)

What would you change?

Kind regards

Post edited by xEa on

Comments

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

agree. i usually like to run iron will, adrenaline, balanced landing and BT. sometimes DS because of tunnelers.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

only i would put windows of opportunity on lower tier and distortion maybe higher, it can easily tell you what detection perks the killer has so you can counter them and tell your team as well

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    edited June 2019

It sucks that there are so many interesting perks but are forgotten by pretty much everyone because, well, people only use meta ones.

I can't remember last time I saw someone use We'll make it. A god tier perk imo.

I agree with your list though.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Blendette with: Spine Chill, Sprint burst, lightweight and self-care lol

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    edited June 2019

Open handed is good with kindred using ace visconti. I'd love to see a SWF with 4 open handed, kindred and bond. I don't know if there's a maximum distance to see the killer with kindred and open handed

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Wait... why is the legendary Pebble not in S-tier???

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

Saboteur: From S tier to E tier hahahaha. I remember the days when all the hooks were destroyed on the map.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I feel like hope would be A tier; I never used to use it but honestly found it to be so strong later on, especially when it came to protecting an unhooked survivor from the inevitable tunneling of a desparate killer at end-game. Plus it counters the speed boost of noed.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yes I had a game where one teammate used kindred, and anther open-handed. It was ridiculous just how far the killer could be seen from the hook almost bang in the middle of the map...

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
  • premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

we'll make it is strong, but in soloQ you it might happen to never use it and it would be a dead perk. I used it for some time and sometimes it works really well some other times never even had chance to heal.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Most people won't use team helpful perks due to them wanting second chance perks and just being blatantly selfish, Resilience in my opinion really does help, the Resilience, Botany Knowledge and Self Care combo help you heal fast, Open Handed is super useful with Bond and Kindred, Flip Flop is OP but not a meta perk cause slugging is not much of a meta no more. I hate using Adrenaline, I like perks that help me all game and not at one moment. Spine Chill is S tier, I agree, but if you run Borrowed Time and Breakdown, you got super godlike powers. DS is really good with Unbreakable, can't combat that. I LOVE Quick and Quiet, especially with Iron Will and Lightweight.

• FTSA
    FTSA Member Posts: 33

I had to stop using we'll make it because the killer is always back at the hook within 10 seconds. I agree that we'll make it is god tier, but with how a lot of killers play, BT is basically its alternative.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Usually the "meta survivor build" breaks down in:

Awareness perk + Second Chance Perk + Exhaustion perk + Fill Perk/Synergy Perk

Every rank bracket has its own meta. red ranks slugging is meta so Unbreakable is S Tier.

BT for obvious reason is strong in every situation. etc

Running full support makes sense but makes you super vulnerable and its not like in this game you play by roles like and rpg, you cant just be the healer or the tank.

Meta builds are meta because they perform best overall and second chance perk actually help the team by not having to waste time saving you over and over again.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    edited June 2019

I would probably move stake out and kindred up to B and we'll make it up to A

It's a good list.

• xEa

Updated the List, did some minor and some bigger changes.. some thoughts about it?

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

head on and aftercare being D tier offends me, also i use wake up and id like to say the same but it really isnt great

• xEa
    edited August 2019

I was thinking a lot about aftercare, since i have not used it that much. My problem with this perk is, that it has no use in the early game at all and the benefit that you and your team might get out of it is not THAT great.

Head on is a fun perk, but compared to the other exhaustion perks, it is really not that awesome. It will get a buff tho (at least this is what i heard).

Wake Up went from F to D Tier, cause of EGC. Its a decent Perk and it might make the difference in some situations now. Problem is... it is still very situational and you get only use out of it in the endgame and even then it might not help you very often. To be fair, i only used it a couple of times now, but never really with great success.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

head on is good ok? ;-; also ive used aftercare a bit and it really feels good to see everyone and it guarantees a homie to go to after getting hooked once (unless you die 1st hook)

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

HOLD UP

You made one major mistake:

P E B B L E

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

WGLF shouldn't even be put in a tier. It literally does nothing in terms of the game, it just helps you earn more BP.

Urban Evasion should be way lower. It's really not that good of a perk, all it does is make you hide and play too slow to be optimal. It also won't make a lick of difference against a good killer that can still find you.

Self Care should also be lower, maybe 1 tier though. It's really not that good of a perk unless you play solo and even then it's not that great. It just makes you waste time honestly.

UE and SC are common perks because they do something people enjoy, but that doesn't make them good perks. Good perks, like S and A tier (and some of B) have actual tangible impacts on games. UE and SC do not, though SC at least let's you act independently of other survivors so that's why it's not entirely that bad. But UE is a bad perk that encourages bad habits. The only time it will be of any use is against a Hag, and even then other more meta perks will still be better picks. Plus you can use a flashlight and be even more effective against her.

• xEa
    edited August 2019

@thesuicidefox

WGLF: Yea you are right with that, in terms of "effectivenss" it does nothing, i still appreciate that perk for its BP. But still, your argument is correct and i think i should remove it

Urban: I disagree. The meta right now is a little bit off for this perk, but it is just unpopular, not a bad perk. I would not use it, but those who play stealthy definitly enjoy it a lot. I have friends who would even put it on S Tier (i dont agree tho). I also dont think these playstyle is a bad habbit at all, its just different and can be effective. When i play against spirit or Nurse i sometimes wish i had that perk instead of those i run very frequently (for example Adrenaline or DS, those are more vs a good nurse almost useless). And for me, every Perk that is very useful against Nurse can not be below B Tier at least :P

Self Care: A tricky one. A medkit does a better job, and healing yourself with SC takes a lot of time. Still a good perk in many situations, like you said, you wont be dependent off your teammates. Definitly not a good perk when you play with a group, but helps when played solo. It gets outclassed by Adrenaline right now.

I try to stay as objecitve as possible, and i know that Meta does not always have to be the best. It is a trend and it can change very quickly, even without changing the game.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Self Care should be classified as a killer perk

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

MoM s-tier? Did you play with it? I think is now Trash-tier

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56

Distortion should be higher up

• xEa

Check out the updated list, you looked at *outdated*

Dont know about that. If there would not be any locker in this game i would agree

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2019

I tend to gen jock quite a bit since for wtver reason a lot of survivors on PS4 tend to give up on gens the instant they see ruin. Saves quite a bit of time just sticking on the gen to get the first few knocked out.

Also helps me heal against nurse's calling and in swf matches lets me inform other survivors the killer has said aura reading perk.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

MoM needs to be in the farther back end of F-tiee, but otherwise it's a pretty solid list!