The Entity getting involved in trials?

Options
Bithard
Bithard Member Posts: 406

So with endgame collapse the Entity is getting more involved with the trials. Does this mean it is impatient and just wants some dinner or it is helping the killer?

Comments

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

idk, lol

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Doesn't the entity do this all for it's own amusement? I don't think it would be wrong if you would say it's getting bored. Also, the crows are similar

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221
    Options

If you're in the trials you're already The Entity's dinner. Escape is an illusion.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

I answered this in another thread titled "End Game Lore" i would suggest checking that out as i explained in full detail about why The Entity is becoming more involved during the end game phase.

• aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97
    Options

Its likely to put pressure on survivors and create hope. I could see the entity wanting everyone out as many of us look at a piggy with no NOED and know for a fact we're getting out. I wouldn't be surprised if a survivor generated less hope because they KNEW that they were gonna be able to leave; even if we knew we would have to suffer a slash to the back. But having the entity threatening their escape too would produce more desperateness and more hope.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I think it's more that the entity is just getting more frustrated and impatient.

Remember the red stain itself is The Entity watching the trial through The Killers' eyes.

Which is why with perks like beast of prey the bloodlust breaks the connection with The Entity removing the red stain.

When trials enter a standstill it means The Entity has a lot less opportunity to feed.

So it's more of a this is taking too long I'll finish the job myself.

Remember for the most part while The Entity will occasionally benefit the killer it doesn't necessarily have a specific side.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i think it is trying to end the trial, as it mainly feeds on the survivors hope. however, when there is no way the killer could devour said hope anymore, as they basically won, it forces the trial to an end, as the survivors would enter a new one with a new killer, new hopes and a whole new chance to destroy these hopes and feed on their despair.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,002
    Options
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Interestingly enough when I was searching lore for my "entity is an auric cell theory" it stated that the entity feeds on strong emotions such as hope or even killer's rage

• GeminiCrow
    GeminiCrow Member Posts: 55
    Options

I'm sorry this is kind of a double post, but I came across this immediately after commenting on another and felt like it fit better here:

Since this universe's time is established as non-linear, it may even be fair to say that they have been hunting the Survivors this whole time. Only recently have we begun to uncover more of the Entity's Realm (maps) with the same Survivors. None being cast into the Void might be driving the Entity into a frenzy. This could explain the sudden Endgame Collapse. This may also tie in with The Plague and The Ghost's perks directly involving the Entity. The Survivors weren't worried enough of being defeated, so the Entity conjured a new way to instill tension and desperation. Perhaps the shock and surprise of being suddenly sacrificed out of seemingly nowhere (Late Sacrifice) is working as another source of fuel for the Entity [extreme emotions like hope and fear]. It realized the intensity of emotions when the Gates are actually powered, it decided to intervene again.

In short, it might not matter if time is cyclical/non-linear. Perhaps they were almost always meant to be chosen (Rin being a slight exception, but still works with the lore regarding her bloodline).