Is The Nurse Dated?

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I understand.

She's the best killer in the game, however I've seen some people agree that she's boring because it can be a bit too easy to kill Survivors with her once you've grown proficient.

I ask if she's dated because, the game is constantly evolving and the newer killers and mechanics offer more involvement from both sides to create a fun yet challenging gameplay experience. I understand why the devs don't want to make another "Nurse".

I ask both Survivors and Killers to think about how your match may go against or as a proficient Nurse.

If your blinks are good you can down a Survivor within 15 seconds. She bypasses all defenses... As the Nurse it might feel good at first, but as time goes on I think you'll realize there's almost no challenge, or matches are extremely short.

As Survivor there's almost nothing you can do when a good Nurse spots you, and going down within 15 seconds isn't fun, the chase is almost non-existent and the match is over quick.

Part of the charm I believe in Dead by Daylight is that a Killer should be strong of course, but it should also be challenging to keep the interest of chasing a Survivor fun. When you have a killer where once you're proficient with them, there's no challenge.

That fun is gone. I think Nurse is dated because she represents where DBD was and I don't think it can be fun for long to play against or as her. Because simply put she goes against the rules of the game to make an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

You can say this about any killer you grow proficient with. I get near easy victories all the time as the Trapper, do I get bad games every once in a while? Yeah.

But that doesn't mean you have to fundamentally change a killer just because people are good with them. That would be a pretty bad decision.

I see what you are saying, but don't project your thoughts on others. Some people like to show their mastery over others, and are proud because they honed their skills with the Nurse enough to be able to squash all. While there are certainly people who do think as you, they are certainly in the minority.

And no, I'm not a Nurse main, nor did I master her. But she isn't outdated, she is beyond her time.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Like with any strong killer, with Nurse you can experiment with perks, do challenge builds, or simply play with no addons, once you mastered her. It's actually incorrect to say games are easy once you practiced enough. Some survivors know how to play against her. Against stealth, smart use of jungle gyms and genrush, Nurse games can be tough too.

And btw, if BHVR came to their senses and started to make more Nurse tier killers, people would play her less. Simply put, it's not the Nurse who is dated, but running around pallets.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

I dont play vs nurses. Im waiting for a nerf, meanwhile i suicide on the hook

• chuckles5009
    chuckles5009 Member Posts: 24

This game also has console users.

ps4 and xbox she is the worst killer in statistics.

People on the forum always exclude console users when talking about her.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Recent thought: I wonder how much it would help console players improve with Nurse if the Plaid Flannel add-on was a Common instead of Very Rare. I imagine competent Nurses don't use it anyways.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

As I understand it, the problem with Nurse on console is the fact that a joystick doesn't allow for the same quick movements as a mouse.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Joystick not being accurate even with sensitivity all the way up and the fps drops every time you blink. Even with the forgiving lunge, you can still find yourself missing some questionable hits.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I never did understand why her training addon was purple rarity

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

My guess is that at the time it was made, they saw it more as a "something that removes one of the few things that keeps Nurse from being too strong" (the need to estimate your landing spot as opposed to physically being able to see it) rather than "something that helps people new to Nurse practice a skill that better Nurses can already do."

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Nurse existence is relevant. She's basically the backup for bad balancing. So basically she was the backup forever, cuz balancing was always an issue.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Because the devs don't want to increase it but i think @Peanits said they would increase it. they do test to not broke billy's curving for exemple.

Typical potatoes you are the kind that derank , use broken perks etc... i hope dedicated servers will ban players like you. i like nurse play as and against this is a real challenge. Only Omega/3/4/5 blinks need nerfs.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Is this a fancy way to ask for a nerf or am i just imaginating things ?

The only dated killer is Trapper to be perfectly honest..

And idk how the game is evolving at all when most recent killers have heavily noob friendly power that survivors can control or completly ignore with how weak they are, if anything it's the complete opposite of "evolving".

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Even if the devs increase it, a joystick will never be the same as a mouse when it comes to quick, precise movements. Joysticks are better for character movement and driving, not so much aiming.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited June 2019

And this behaviour (lol) is not limited to when they face a Nurse. Calling for nerfs every time they encounter the slightest resistance in game has been the survivor meta since day 1 of this game.

Post edited by Acromio on