The Legion: Mediocrity Incarnate

I'm a Legion main, I've struggled up all the way to the red ranks multiple times rarely using addons and even with that I can very safely say he's below average at best.

I'll start with his ability, it's good in 3 and only 3 situations otherwise it is a complete detriment, first one being at the start when people are on the first gen and they're stupid enough to have not already started moving thanks to the mile long terror radius with an ability that demands they stay together. Second being endgame in a 2v1 situation and the gates aren't powered, you can use his ability to find people who are just flat out waiting for the other to die so they can grab hatch and dip. And third is what's called a Legion tech, when you have both Spirit fury and enduring together both 100% ready to go you can slap a dude, run him to a pallet and have him drop it on you which in 90% of cases is a free down, but people have brains so this rarely works anymore unless they're dumb, new, or desperate. Outside of all those mentioned it's totally worthless, never use it to move fast mid game otherwise you won't see scratches, don't use it to move fast early game either unless you want to be really dissatisfied seeing all those people together at one gen and you can't do anything about it except the usual.

His addons are complete ######### with three being the exception, duration addons and the iridescent button, and the knives, all the others can go ######### themselves and aren't even worth the blood points especially: Frank's, Stab wound study, and fuming, just take my word for it.

His perks are fine and have their purposes, no need to touch those honestly.

My biggest gripes with him are how once you get that free first hit you're a 115% killer and they can take you on the ride of your life and there isn't a single thing you can do about it. Not to mention the God awful cooldown that wasn't necessary seeing as how they already nerfed the cooldown addons into the ground, vault speed/run speed is also pathetic and makes duration addons a must have otherwise good ######### luck getting more than one hit with it, if you are running both top duration addons you can literally run for miles no problem, a disgusting night and day difference and it's not even a very rare addon.

I gave him a shot, I "kept patient" to see what they'd do to him and we got another trash 115% killer with an underwhelming power in a game balanced around Hillbilly and nurse. I would rather play the boring, slow, easily loopable old Legion everyone even Legion mains hated, because my power meant more than a free hit once in a while, it was a way to down as scummy and unfun as it was, still miles better than getting taunted at the exit gate because my ability means nothing to a decent team.

It sucks that he sucks specifically being he was probably the best mori in the game by far, the best cosmetics, and a great menu theme.

Comments

• yes yep yep yep

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

There are some typos but you get the idea

• RIP_Legion

I might as well give out some perk builds I run just so it's not all doom and gloom, I've played Legiom for way too long. Standard money making build is Bbq, Enduring, spirit fury, and Ruin. Another strong build is Save the best for last, Bamboozle (awesome perk for him and it totally negates most of the vault speed nerfs except for pallets but it's bad at all) spirit fury, and enduring. A sweat build I'll run if I hate someone or playing red ranks is Noed, Bamboozle, spirit fury, and Enduring. Ofc there are alternatives to spirit fury and Enduring mainly being Thanatophobia and Sloppy butcher but I find it more useful to be able to eat through all the pallets in the map before the game ends, and trust me you will whether you like it or not.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

That's what happens when a killer is designed to be FUN.

• RIP_Legion
    edited June 2019

It's not fun to get mocked all the time because you just don't have the utility you need to play at red ranks. They removed the fun aspect of him when they "Reworked" moving at the speed of sounds with fast vault

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199

ATM he is not "one of the worst", actually HE IS THE WORST killer. I have much funnier games with freddy than with legion. Legion is unplayable. Dont play legion.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    edited June 2019

According to the Devs, they're 'In a good spot'. Because it's fun playing a shorter Trapper who can occasionally run 'fast'. At least they are not PTB Ghostface and their power can't be cancelled by survivors looking at them.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

"I know..." wipes tears from eyes "I know."

At least they are better than Ghostface, doesn't make them a good Killer though.

"Use his power to catch up to Survivors" using his power does the quite opposite, and cancelling it in their face allows them 4 seconds to drop a pallet, jump a window and book it high speed.

• ZVom

Competence intensifies

Ghostface is about to dethrone legion of being most useless killer.

• BlacktheMew
    BlacktheMew Member Posts: 15

I am a legion player myself and I have tons of fun with the new rework! Just because legion isn't super annoying for the survivors doesn't mean he's bad. Not every killer is as good as others but with a good enough player behind it most (not all) killers can reach red ranks.

I hope you can find as much enjoyment in the new legion as I am. :)

Here is a guide if you need some help

• BlacktheMew
    BlacktheMew Member Posts: 15

But also, Fuming has always been bad and I think that his perks aren't the best. Just counters to really small things that you dont always see.

• ZVom

His perks are mediocre, his vault is underwhelming, his running speed is laughable, his power in general is bad at all. Legion is one and only killer whose attacks MIGHT help the survivors.

Legion is unplayable. Dont play legion.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Don't tell me what to do @ZVom.

I'm having more fun playing Legion than Freddy ;3

• ZVom

Legion is fun - i never denied that, although his current state makes him so bad he is even worse than freddy. I like legion myself. I feel bad that devs completely ruined him.

Legion is unplayable, dont play legion.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

Im with the fact that at mid to high ranks more than half of the killers arent viable. Thats the problem. They really dont want anymore viable killers because of outcry will be received by the tons of over vocal SWF death squads telling them the games broke.

• SimonSkinner
    SimonSkinner Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2019

Legion's power simply needs a full rework as opposed to numbers tweaks. The old one was horrible to play against and the new is just horrible to play. Their power sounded like gimmicky fun, but if this is supposed to be a competitive game the designers need to come up with competitive killers. Balancing asymmetrical games is doubtlessly a nightmare but I am really surprised Legion was green lit because of how they interact with the environment and survivors.

• ZVom

This. So true.

Devs should treat cries of survivors with great distance since there's much more of them than killers.