Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Doctor most annoying killer in the game

KingZoo
KingZoo Member Posts: 16
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Cancer

Comments

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Ok.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Well guess what, BHVR listened to your whining and buffed Calm Spirit! Now you don’t have to get better and learn the counters!
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    Lockers are best against doctor 
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Star99er said:
    Lockers are best against doctor 

No they aren't. If he has any reason to suspect there is someone nearby and yet isn't hearing screaming, he knows to check a locker.

• KingZoo
    KingZoo Member Posts: 16

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Well guess what, BHVR listened to your whining and buffed Calm Spirit! Now you don’t have to get better and learn the counters!

I'm so lucky :)

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Basically when I usually play survivor, I try to hide but since the Doctor prevents this... I usually pallet loop him since there's tons of pallets. Then later the killer tells me I'm s*** but again it's almost impossible to hide from the Doctor. I know to hide in lockers but good Doctors can read your mind and check them in areas where you last been in. I honestly think that if the Doctor is going to buffed, the developers will probably have to rework him entirely.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

The Doctor can be annoying with the madness, but I would take him any day over Freddy and the Pig.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Get rid of his insane terror radius proccing his shock therapy half the map away and going through floors/ceiling cough Gideons cough and he'll be fine since really good docs don't need that to get 4 sacs on most maps.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    I love playing the doctor and I have screwed a few doctors over as well it all really depends on his perks and add ons
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Lowbei said:
    gg no re
    +100 stop the bitchin, and GIT GUD. All this whinin has these devs bending at will to the cries. Its ridiculous, and this is coming from a surv/killer player.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Guess what, the devs want him to be annoying.

Sucks for you :P

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

Be patient since Calm Spirit buff come ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• DocOctober

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

So what?

Do you belong to those who believe that it's the aura-reveal that makes the Doctor powerful?

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

So what?

Do you belong to those who believe that it's the aura-reveal that makes the Doctor powerful?

Not over powerful just the screaming is annoying the volume of the screams on a survivor needs a nerf. Don’t care about the reading abilities
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    I don't understand why they put the no screaming on Calm Spirit and not Iron Will.
  • DocOctober
    edited July 2018
    Anyone here thinking that the Calm Spirit buff will nerf Doctors clearly has no idea what a good Doctor is.
  • MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Anyone here thinking that the Calm Spirit buff will nerf Doctors clearly has no idea what a good Doctor is.

Current state - Dr makes you scream. 
    With Calm Spirit Change - Dr no make scream

Noone said it's going to make the Dr. #########, but it's definitely working against him. That is clear. 
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

The Doctor is meant to be annoying. He is meant to ruin your stealth game. That does not make him a cancer or OP. If you know the counters, the Doctor is rather easy to get around. That said, I love playing the Doctor for the simple fact he is annoying to survivors. He is my screw with everyone killer. And honestly, the Calm Spirit buff will not impact a good Doctor very much.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    So you just run Calm Spirit all the time in case you maybe get a Doctor? lol

He was my first killer I main’d on Xbox. But on some maps with some add ons and offerings, he’s just stupid and the counters won’t work.

Plus even on the other maps, it’s luck. If you’re the first person sent into madness, he might focus you until you’re in madness 3 and then you’re boned all match. 

I prefer to out everyone into stage 2 then I start attacking. After that it’s impossible to hide. 
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Doctor looks more like a loanshark or a bouncer after his new cosmetics. The house always wins.
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198

The Doctor is meant to be annoying. He is meant to ruin your stealth game. That does not make him a cancer or OP. If you know the counters, the Doctor is rather easy to get around. That said, I love playing the Doctor for the simple fact he is annoying to survivors. He is my screw with everyone killer. And honestly, the Calm Spirit buff will not impact a good Doctor very much.

Herman all day baby!
  • FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

lmao countering doctor is easy

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Dr is pretty lame against avg players.

I rotate through all killers when I play excluding Dr and Freddy.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@SnakeSound222 said:

I mean, it'd be a different story if Nurse's didn't work when snapping out of it, but apparently when I am doing so it counts as me healing myself sooo...

Not to mention Doctor is extremely powered on Gideons due to his bugged ability to increase madness on both upstairs and downstairs at the same time.

Calm Spirit needed a buff to begin with, and I'm also easily triggered by the screams tbh. Other than that Doctor is mid-low tier, but he has no real counter to any of his ability. It's not like people are going to run Calm Spirit everygame because not everygame is there a doctor.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@KingZoo said:
    Cancer

I am so happy that one of my brethren managed to tick you off to the point of coming here and posting.

I play the DOC. Whispers to find you even though i dont have to with the doc - its to speed up the locating and bringing to madness part. Once whispers goes off i tend to stay using distressing to bring you to madness till you scream or till you run. Then i follow sometimes in treatment just to make it even more difficult. Then i smack you. You run to pallet to do your pallet loop attempt. You run around the pallet thinking and i going to do your dance, which i wont do and shock you in treatment till you run or are in level 3 at which point your are foogled cos you cant heal ect.. Then i smash the pallet. One pallet down. Rinse and repeat if you wish. I eventually catch you and hook you. Then i camp you till you die. So enjoyable.

Need some salt for my fries please.

Dont mean to be toxic like this but after being screwed over by SWF for so, so, long i find pleasure any way i can.

Occasionally i get humiliated but all that tells me is that you are most likely all using coms and coordinating efforts or are beyond my skill level so chapo.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    I don't understand why they put the no screaming on Calm Spirit and not Iron Will.
    Exactly it makes more sense logically but probably because they wanted calm spirit to be better 
  • Envees

@lasombra1979 said:

I cant see the devs' darlings wanting to use a perk slot for the possibility of the killer being a doc. However, i am sure the Devs have made sure that a person with calm spirit or who freq selects calm spirit will be served up to you if you play doc. That i can see happening

• Darkdeadset
    Darkdeadset Member Posts: 7

I like playing against the doctor. One of the few killers that I actually panic and what not against. Makes the game a lot of fun.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DocOctober said:

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

So what?

Thats what survivors are trying to make us believe in the coutnless threats. They dont actually want to loop, but they cant play stealthy because of doc, so they use their usual crutches and run in circles :wink:

• Envees

@Master said:

@DocOctober said:

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

So what?

Thats what survivors are trying to make us believe in the coutnless threats. They dont actually want to loop, but they cant play stealthy because of doc, so they use their usual crutches and run in circles :wink:

A large percentage of players do not play stealthy, refuse to play stealthy or are actively seeking out the killer with their trolling tools as soon as the game starts. Doc, or no Doc. I assume that if the player is wearing bright clothes and brings a flashlight that they have nearly no intention of doing gens.

If you hear the click, click, click and see tbagging as soon as the game starts or when you find them then i avoid you as you are intent on trolling, baiting and looping. Nice try. I will leave you to chase the others. I do not care if i only get one kill by means of slugging and fending off the wolfpack with their tools but somebody is going to die.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@TangledHelix said:

Because calm spirit need a buff and Iron will doesn't?
    :|

• Lavernne
    Lavernne Member Posts: 98

I love the Doctor. Playing him and against him. I like the challenge with the random skillchecks everywhere on the screen. :) apart from that you can see him as rarely as hag, freddy or wraith. :(

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    If anything Iron Will isn’t true to its description. It doesn’t keep you quiet in the dying state, but somehow Calm Spirit will??