Tinkerer changes

Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

I thought that the corresponding addons would be reworked in order to balance the tinkerer rework out.
But the huntress charge addons even got nerfed, so its a double nerf for the charge time basically if I udnerstand that correctly?

Too bad that I just P3ed huntres.....

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    I was just starting to enjoy double Swift Hunt tinker wraith too. :(
  • Sabor44
    Sabor44 Member Posts: 39

Can anyone confirm this in game yet that her base hatchet wind up time has not been buffed? As a Huntress main I think the machine gun hatchet build was overpowered. However I think it is a bit much that I have to take two add-ons to get the speed reduction of one from the previous patch.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    edited July 2018
    Imo there screwing with a very well balanced killer. I can see tinker, but her add-ons? Come on...really. 
  • Master

@Sabor44 said:
    Can anyone confirm this in game yet that her base hatchet wind up time has not been buffed? As a Huntress main I think the machine gun hatchet build was overpowered. However I think it is a bit much that I have to take two add-ons to get the speed reduction of one from the previous patch.

I used to run a single babushka and at some pallets the wind up is simply too slow. Now you will be looped into oblivion I think, we just gotta hope that they forgot the base kit buffs in the patch notes

• Sabor44
    Sabor44 Member Posts: 39

@Master said:

@Sabor44 said:

I used to run a single babushka and at some pallets the wind up is simply too slow. Now you will be looped into oblivion I think, we just gotta hope that they forgot the base kit buffs in the patch notes

This is what I am hoping and crossing my fingers for. I am currently at work so I cannot even check for myself. Babushka + Grass braid was really strong before, but not really overpowered since you are only taking those two add-ons. What made it overpowered was coupling it with tinkerer and getting a fully charged hatchet in about one second.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018

@Sabor44 said:

Huntress main, I agree 1000%. Decrease her base wind up time, adjust the add-ons to result in the same wind up time as is currently, remove Tinkerer buff for the add-ons because it's quite OP. I use fast hatchets most of the time, but with Tinkerer it's flat out broken OP nonsense. I don't use Tinkerer, especially now that I know Tinkerer is changing, so it's better to get used to playing without it. And if her base wind up was faster then a lot of her status effect add-ons would be a lot more useful. Hell I might even forgo add-ons and just do what Nurse's do sometimes. That should honestly be an option for every killer. Add-ons shouldn't be a requirement to use their power effectively, it should just give you new options when using the power instead.

I also think they should take a look at some of the other add-ons, like the purple concoction or the one that let's you see lockers. IMO both of these are worthless and should be changed somehow to give more value. Maybe if by throwing a hatchet NEAR someone it revealed an aura. That would be really nice. Also there should be an add-on that gives you a crosshair. Nurse has one, Doc has one. I don't get why the only character with an ACTUAL projectile doesn't.

• Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138

I never even got the chance to mess with tinkerer because I haven't bothered leveling Billy up and by the time I get tinkerer as a teachable and get it on other killers the change will have already happened. :( rip machine gun hatchets, insta saw billy, and fast uncloak wraith.

• Master

@thesuicidefox said:

@Sabor44 said:

Huntress main, I agree 1000%. Decrease her base wind up time, adjust the add-ons to result in the same wind up time as is currently, remove Tinkerer buff for the add-ons because it's quite OP. I use fast hatchets most of the time, but with Tinkerer it's flat out broken OP nonsense. I don't use Tinkerer, especially now that I know Tinkerer is changing, so it's better to get used to playing without it. And if her base wind up was faster then a lot of her status effect add-ons would be a lot more useful. Hell I might even forgo add-ons and just do what Nurse's do sometimes. That should honestly be an option for every killer. Add-ons shouldn't be a requirement to use their power effectively, it should just give you new options when using the power instead.

I also think they should take a look at some of the other add-ons, like the purple concoction or the one that let's you see lockers. IMO both of these are worthless and should be changed somehow to give more value. Maybe if by throwing a hatchet NEAR someone it revealed an aura. That would be really nice. Also there should be an add-on that gives you a crosshair. Nurse has one, Doc has one. I don't get why the only character with an ACTUAL projectile doesn't.

Just use some overlay software

• thesuicidefox
    edited July 2018

@Master said:

1) I'm on Xbox.
    2) That's cheating.
    3) I tried using the cheapo stickers but the trajectory is so wonky they are worthless.

I mean, if a Doc and a Nurse can get an add-on specifically designed to help newer players learn the power, why not Huntress, the one killer that would actually need a crosshair?

• Master

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

1) I'm on Xbox.
    2) That's cheating.
    3) I tried using the cheapo stickers but the trajectory is so wonky they are worthless.

I mean, if a Doc and a Nurse can get an add-on specifically designed to help newer players learn the power, why not Huntress, the one killer that would actually need a crosshair?

1) that sucks for you
    2) thats not cheating
    3) the actual crosshair needs to be placed shortly below the middle of the screen and yeah you have to calculate in the trajectory too

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited July 2018

Tinkerer is going from very strong on a handful of killers w/add-ons to weak on everyone (waste of a slot). Killers should be treated with the exact same caution as survivors (since d-strike and self-care changes aren't coming this patch for some reason) - do not push tinkerer live in its current state. It is bad, it will not be used, and killers will have -1 perk.

• thesuicidefox

@Master said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

1) I'm on Xbox.
    2) That's cheating.

1) that sucks for you
    2) thats not cheating
    3) the actual crosshair needs to be placed shortly below the middle of the screen and yeah you have to calculate in the trajectory too

1) I like my Xbox
    2) It is on Xbox, which is part of the reason I like it.
    3) I ate all the stickers.

• Master

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

1) I'm on Xbox.
    2) That's cheating.

1) that sucks for you
    2) thats not cheating

1) I like my Xbox
    2) It is on Xbox, which is part of the reason I like it.
    3) I ate all the stickers.

Its allowed, even on xbox.
    There are several monitors out there who naturally support a crosshair in the middle of the screen for example. Even if devs decided this to be bannable offense, they have no possibility ti check for it (pretty much the same as taping your screen^^)

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:
    I never even got the chance to mess with tinkerer because I haven't bothered leveling Billy up and by the time I get tinkerer as a teachable and get it on other killers the change will have already happened. :( rip machine gun hatchets, insta saw billy, and fast uncloak wraith.

This messes with my DOC as well. It speeds up the shock. I guess i would have to try and aim a bit "ahead" of where they are.

Just when i started with billy i hear this. I had a hard enough time trying to use the chainsaw with billy to down people. I had to use tinkerer. Now its useless to me and only addons will speed up the action.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

These Tinkerer changes are a big blow to the already weak Leatherface as well