Any updates on Dedicated server locations?

Options
Jkkola
Jkkola Member Posts: 28

As an Australian player I found it impossible to play at all during the dedicated server test during the earlier PTB with the lowest ping I had being 326 across more than 10 games.

I can't justify spending more money on upcoming chapters and other in-game content unless it is confirmed that we will be getting servers in our vicinity so we can keep playing this game in the future.

I was hoping for some kind of information to be provided in the anniversary devstream but was disappointed so I am asking the devs and community managers if there is any available update on whether I will still be able to enjoy playing this game once dedicated servers are implemented.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@not_Queen Can you confirm anything about this?

• Jkkola
    Options

Now that its no longer the weekend perhaps we will get a response.

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150
    Options

320+ ping but were you lagging ? to be honest i had 400 ping once and didn't lagged at all , and not only in dbd.... or maybe the ping indicator was broken :D

• Jkkola
    Options

Anything above 130 and the lag becomes noticeable and once it goes above 220-230 it becomes near unplayable for me.

My ping currently in the Peer to Peer model in most games is 60-170 depending on time of day and who I match with and all of those ping amounts are fairly playable.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

They likely won't say anything until they're closer to release.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2019
    Options

Well based on the roadmap it looks like Dedicated Servers will go live when the next dlc killer come out. Which kinda bummed me out, I was hoping that it would come out this update.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Star99er Something weird is going on with the roadmap already.

Switch version is September 24th but its in mid chapter 13s spot...

Chapter 13 would be in September because thats 3 months away from 12 so mid chapter couldn't be by the 24th of September...

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

i honestly hope dedicated servers take longer than that to come out. based on the last test in the PTB they needed a lot of work. and something like that can't come out in this game before it's ready. poorly done dedicated servers could actually kill their game, it's very precarious