Which Side Do You Prefer?

Crazewtboy
Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

My friend keeps saying that killer is more fun and I say survivor is more fun. What do you community members think?

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I personally enjoy both sides but I find myself playing killer more often because I enjoy the thrill of the chase instead of being chased

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

I've always been a killer main, but every once in a while I'll play as survivor to mix things up.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

Each has its own good points. Survivor is fun when you dont get the killer who isn't a complete jerk. Its also fun when you pull the quad escape. Killer is fun when you get ether the good team to fight or the power role imo.

But when its to easy on ether side its annoying imo. I honestly prefer Killer

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019

I kind of agree with this, I play survivor a lot more but I really enjoy killer in comparison when I actually do gather up the motivation to play it and don't get only super stressful matches, might just be because it's different/I like the playstyle change plus rotating killers gives a different playstyle each time, survivor is just queue up a build (usually random now based on what that survivor has) and play how long can I hold R1 on a gen or run the killer for when found while my team either successfully do or do not complete gens.

Feels a little disorienting to go from a few hours of playing killer back to back to playing survivor in one session though, strangely not so much the opposite way.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487

Both however I get bored playing as killer a lot faster than I do survivor.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Depends on my mood

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

i enjoy playing survivor a little more purely due to the social aspect

it's fun to interact with the killer and play like an idiot and die

i have fun, the killer gets points, i die for my teammates so they get out, everyone wins

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I prefer the right side

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

I like both sides but i play survivor more.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

I play killer more. Its just more fun to me when i am goofing off with random perks i don't normally use.

Survivor is just boring to me unless I run stealth builds.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I love both sides but play more killer because survivor queues take too long for me :/

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396

Mostly killer, but survivor is fun if your teammates aren’t trash

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Mostly survivor, Playing Killer can be very stressful, especially in Red Rank.

• Crazewtboy

I agree. Playing killer in red rank feels more like an inconvenience than it does fun. It's a lot of things to worry about at once and you don't really get the chance to have fun since one mistake can send your game out the window. I find survivor more fun because I can mess around with my friends and we all can have a good time running different perk builds. On top of that, one mistake as survivor doesn't mean that I threw the game.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd love to play more Killer but I play a majority of Survivor because playing Survivor is like being on a vacation. There's no stress or anything.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited June 2019

Killer. I enjoy the challenge and everything is dependent on my skill alone. I don't have to have smart teammates.

If i lose it's always my fault.

Post edited by BBQnDemogorgon on
  • Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

Killer is more satisfying. Survivor is more relaxing. I used to play survivor exclusively, but honestly, having to deal with rank reset every month, being placed with bottom basement teammates...I switched to killer. At least if I lose as killer, it's 100% my own fault.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

I prefer survivor to killer, it's more fun for me. I like playing as the pig every so often though.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I know but aesthetics aren't everything. My right side has more features.

• WheatThinO
    WheatThinO Member Posts: 62
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

There's plenty of ways for killers to be jerks. You should go and get defensive when he didn't specify anything.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I’ve always been a killer main because survivor takes longer to queue and I always get noob teammates running around and not doing anything. But after a while I get bored of killer and plays some survivor games.

• Crazewtboy

Everyone is saying that survivor is a longer queue, but I have gotten survivor matches no problem. Killer on the other hand takes five minutes (at least) to fill up with four survivors.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,891

Overall survivor, but I still have a lot of fun playing killer, especially Michael.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I prefer the side that give me more points.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Both.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I prefer killer because the killers are actually different. Survivors only differ in what perks they can get, but even then you can unlock them on everyone without too much difficulty, so ultimately different survivors are just different skins/voices.

Killers on the other hand each have their own power and stats, which makes each one a different experience even after unlocking all the teachables

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

I play Survivor a lot more but i like to play Killer as well sometimes, mostly as Amanda.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited June 2019

The community says nothing. The community is made of disparate individuals who each either prefer one side to the other, or play both equally.

I prefer survivor myself.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Both but I'm maining killer to get more points up for building killers and survivors for perks

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158

Killer

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Both equally! :)

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Killer.

But survivor is fun as well.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2019

Survivor in red ranks because i love pain, being camped, tunneled and playing against tryhard is the best way to have fun in dbd, lost all your points and items/offerings.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I like both sides but if I had to choose I'd say that I prefer killer

Killer is much more challenging, survivor is much more chill and casual in comparison