Gen rushing and SWF are the main issue of DBD

Gen rushing needs a heavy nerf, without toolboxes it is already bad and with toolboxes? don't expect to get even a 2k most of the time unless the survivors make a lot of mistakes and that is the main problem of this game THE KILLER IS SUPPOSED TO KILL THE SURVIVORS but the killer requires them to make lots of mistakes to get any kills, gens either need to take longer to get repaired, give diminishing returns to having multiple people on a gen, or even include a 2nd objective that is necessary like for example you can only repair a gen to x% by finding a generator part, these parts are scattered across the map, the survivors can carry multiple of them and the killer wont know where they are, say you need a total of 4 parts to be allowed to repair one gen. that would help to slow the game down and it will require overall teamwork for the survivors, say 1 to run the killer around 1 to get the parts 2 on gens and one of the 2 on gens can be the saver. then there is SWF, SWF needs to be removed, or punished in some way. or put major penalties to them in the game and or buff the killer depending on how many are in the SFW group

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Removing or punishing SWF is unfeasible due to the nature of what makes it a problem in the first place.

As for the gen rush thing, at the very least diminishing returns is a silly and pointless solution. Even with no efficiency penalties at all it is best to work on different generators which would negate that method of balance. And there is already a 10% decrease in efficiency per extra survivor on a gen.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

SFW is already a huge problem and even without it there is gen rushing which is also a huge problem, with totem placements usually being crap you cant even rely on ruin to do much half the time, heck I literally had a game where my hex ruin was next to the maps building, IN THE OPEN, no walls, no nothing around it, just some grass and not tall enough to hide it. combine SWF with gen rushing? unless the killer is a rank 1 god nurse then there is nothing you can do about it and even then it will be difficult for the killer. this game was made for survivors to NOT TALK TO EACH OTHER but SWF overrides this. SWF should be punishable if anything due to use of 3rd party software that is usually discord

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

I main killer and survivor and yes there are problems

-> 4 toolboxs is just impossible to counter and the game finish in 2 min ( totem is broken in 1 min cause totem spot sucks xD)

-> Facecamp, many killer facecamp. When survivor try to unhook me the killer grab him and drop.

We need a fix for both of them..

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2019

I would love some sort of secondary objective, be it collecting parts or something that makes hunting down dull totems more important that isn't base kit NOED. I'm no game designer so I don't really know how to go about it, but having to do something else than just holding M1 and doing skillchecks when it comes to generators would be nice.

And when it comes to SWF any other path than the often mentioned buff solo survivors and then buff killers that need it is a waste of time to even think about. If you want SWF in its entirety removed alltogether you should probably either realize this isn't a game with some sort of eSports-influenced balancing philosophy or just quit the game to save yourself the trouble, it's not going anywhere and it shouldn't. Punishments are absurd and wouldn't work.

And yes, the killer is supposed to kill survivors. The killer killing somewhere between 2 and 3 of them on average every match seems to be the balance the devs desire, not all 4 of them 😉

• rina
    rina Member Posts: 90

Game is fine. Get gut.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Gen rushing occurs due to a lack of pressure, not because of the gens themselves. I've seen people offer up ideas for a secondary (mandatory) object and others offer ideas for benefits to go along with new chases to encourage changing target. I will say I'm not sure how you manage to get 2k, though. Even in the games I do poorly, I typically get 10k~16k.

The killer is supposed to kill the survivors as much as the survivors are supposed to survive. Please don't think about this issue so one-sidedly.

give diminishing returns to having multiple people on a gen

This is already a thing. Look it up or play survivor. You get on a gen with someone and the bar goes red for a reason.

SWF isn't going to be removed or punished. That would be like saying "Playing killer should be bannable." It's a game-mode, whether you like it or not. It'd be more productive to talk about things that can do to balance all the modes than to just argue to get rid of a very popular mode that pulls people to the game. Playing with friends is fun, even if you don't do well. That's why so many multiplayer games have a co-op or a way to play with friends. You're arguing a losing battle if you argue to remove SWF.

• Proxi
    Proxi Member Posts: 62

Had horrible games this weekend. Most likely 2-3 swf stacks genrushing hard. Games were over in way under 10 minutes. Sometimes everyone going out with like 10k bp. Last game 2 gens were done right when i downed first survivor.. and that with ruin up. I play most of the killers often at rank 1 and have almost 1k hours at the game.

As trapper (my favourite killer) sometimes you just get destroyed. Traps getting disarmed all the time and survivors being toxic af. It's a really bad experience and often I just wanna quit the game after these matches. Honestly I don't wanna be playing Nurse, Billy and Spirit all the time to have a chance to win.

People might say.. if you face a swf dodge the lobby. But with almost 10 minute killer queues I wanna play every game I get (which are sometimes shorter than the wait for it .. sad).

Yes It might be difficult to balance the game for every rank, every killer, swf matchups... But there are good suggestions from the community.

AT LEAST .. I would appreciate that you show swf stacks. Like some kind of indication in the lobby that they belong together. So you can accept the challenge or not. That would be fair in my eyes. I mean we can check steam profiles and ######### and find out who is swf anyway so pls just make it more convenient.

• Saekuura
    Saekuura Member Posts: 24

Yess, punish me for actually having friends and playing with them. I guess you don’t have any?

• Proxi
    edited June 2019

If you are referring to my post. I've played swf myself with a 4 stack like a year ago or sth. All my friends have 1k+ hours some even way more. Games were insanely easy even on rank 1. It rarely happened that 1 of us didn't make it out.

Yeah it kinda was fun to troll killers and we farmed crazy amounts of bloodpoints but the challenge and "adrenaline" was gone. I play dbd after work cuz you can just hop on and have a good time (mostly).

Edit: And to answer your question, I don't think showing swf in lobby would be a punish. It would be fair for the killer so he can prepare better (better addons and offerings) or just don't take the challenge and ditch the game. After all this game is designed and balanced for solo play (with all the aura reading perks and no voicecoms and so on).

• rina

Swf is part of the game and is fine too. Deal with it.

• Proxi

ok either you play on rank 20 or you are a survivor main :D

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I maintain what I said. Problematic or not, directly punishing SWF is NOT a viable solution

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199

Not punishing SWF!!! Help killers while facing swf, dont nerf survs...

• rina
  • cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136
    edited June 2019

SWF can be rough, but I don't think it should be removed or punished.

The unfair advantage of SWF comes from survivors exchanging information that should not be exchanged by design. It's the equivalent of being in a poker game and having your buddy stand behind your opponent and call out his hand.

Therefore, I think it would be fair if the Killer was notified at the start of the match if two or more survivors are engaging in SWF. That way the Killer could adjust their own loadout accordingly, and have a better expectation of what they're about to go up against. Maybe even put in a BP bonus for successfully sacrificing SWF players.

This would organically make SWF more challenging as Killers are naturally going to play sweatier and meaner, and I feel like that could be a decent trade-off.

The only issue with this is not every SWF team are MLG, and they will be soundly dominated by the ebony mori/NOED killers expecting to be bullied.

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

actually the main issue about dbd is that in every match theres one side thats frustrated with the match

that leads to the toxicity we have. for ex. every match (9/10 matches i play) people ragequit because they got outplayed or whatever... right in the beginning.

or whatever it is.. i think a huge step forward would be to get the ranking system to work properly ... (its clearly not working at all)

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199

Give damn killers boost to bp at least to let them feel rewarded....

• DeadByTunnelight
    DeadByTunnelight Member Posts: 79

Camping and tunneling are the main issue of dbd :> a good killer will kill everyone.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

a good killer vs a good SWF, the SWF will win 9/10, if the killer face camps, he might get 1 or 2 kills but more than likely not, a good killer can only do so much and relies on the mistakes of survivors, a killers skill is how often he is able to exploit their mistakes no matter how small they are

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

They frankly don't care about fixing it and even said so many times. They're fine with survivor's being OP no matter how much evidence they're shown. My guess is that survivors buy more gear so they let it stay broken intentionally.

• Proxi

Yeah why not. I think we found a way to solve the problem of swf without balancing everything.

1. Show the killer swf parties in the lobby
    2. Give the killer 25% more bp for every survivor being part of the swf team

Done

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

to solve the gen rush problem its making 2nd objective and make some killer perks viable (buff) and maybe a some sort of penalty survivor that where hooked that they get like 5% or 6% of penalty repair speed