Any tips for playing Ghostface?

Crazewtboy
Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

So far in all the games I have played I have felt like my power is practically useless. Once they know who you are it seems to become almost impossible to get a full stalk off without someone seeing you. It's like when Trapper didn't have his bear traps respawn and he was left with just a weapon. That's how it feels currently. I might be doing something wrong though so I'm looking for tips on how to play him.

Best Answers

Answers

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267

oh no devs got you :/ you actually bought this crap , well shame on you , you even have myers avatar ;_;

• Crazewtboy

Yes, I know. I don't like to judge until I can test things out for myself. After playing, I kinda regret the decision

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

The killer just got released! Play some more by yourself before checking what everyone else is doing. And wait a couple of weeks and someone smarter that us would probably have something meaningful to say about how to use that killer. But not right now

• koffee
    koffee Member Posts: 2

I would rather lose my items than play against ghostface.

His perks literally deter other survivors from saving survivors off the hook.

I'll quit playing altogether if every time I log in its ghost face as the killer.

Michael is awesome to play against, but ghostface is a NO GO.

• Crazewtboy

Yes, but people on the PTB have already played him, so their has to be a certain way to play him or to not play him. That's really all I'm looking for cause right now he feels useless

• Crazewtboy

His perks aren't really that useful though. They don't have much of a benefit. I would say I'm all ears is the most useful one because of the auras. By the time you get to a hook, thrilling tremors has probably worn off and as far as Furtive Chase, what is a reduced terror radius in a chase going to do if they know you are chasing them?

• QwrtyMan213
    QwrtyMan213 Member Posts: 243

EZ, Ghostface is so OP now, anyone with two brain cells can win as him. At least until they make the detection radius bigger than a pixel in the center.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@QwrtyMan213 I don’t think he is OP but simply frustrating. I stared DIRECTLY at him for an extended period of time and he didn’t break out of stealth. You have to position him in a certain place or he won’t break out of stealth.

I just think he is very boring to go against. The BEST thing about him is the ambient music while you are exposed and not in a chase. Just not my cup of tea to say the least. I’d much rather go against Myers.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 I’ve gone against him like six times maybe? I’ve died like three times. About as much as any other killer. He’s ‘ight. I just prefer Myers, both in a chase and playing as Myers.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited June 2019

Maybe if I explain my issue, someone can help me out:

It feels like I am always struggling to find a good vantage point to stalk because there is so much stuff in the way. This feels especially so when trying to stalk someone working on a gen. Could be a jungle gym, could be a bunch of trees, could be some tall grass, but it feels like there is often so much stuff around gens that I feel like I have to get into a super obvious/close spot just to be able to stalk them because there's so much obstructing my view, and it usually feels like the only people I manage to mark are people who somehow are oblivious to how close I am to them.

What can I do to alleviate this feeling?

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@TAG I'm actually surprised you're having a hard time since you're a huge Pig player. I haven't played him yet today because I was leveling up Ash for turns out nothing.

I've gone against him all day, the only times I have been stalked is when I'm on a Gen out in the open and never in a jungle gym so I guess you really need to find the right Gen to stalk people on. But do know that despite not wearing black GF has been hard to spot so you don't necessarily need to get behind amazing cover you just need an okay spot to blend into and not actually hide. Other than that I've been seeing them Expose people during chases.

I'll be playing him tomorrow and hopefully get to understand everything better from his side. I'm assuming he would play like Pig so that's the playstyle I'm going in with.

• ThePaleKing_
    ThePaleKing_ Member Posts: 77

problem is that survivors can see your stalk bar as it goes up. They aren't looking for Ghostface they are just waiting till they see the bar start climbing

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

Ive played 20 matches and its very bad you be good with him you need to be near corner so that you can lean to stalk near gens if you can hear them doing gens when it start go fully night shroud and crouch by learning how to play him you can ez kill yellow green and maybe purple ranks but more above you wont go anywhere