Why does myers even exist now that ghostface is out?

Zavri
Zavri Member Posts: 261

Literally better in every way.

One overlooked aspect of ghostface's power is that you get DIRECTIONAL notifications that a survivor sees you, that guy you might have walked past? LOL nope, now you know where they are.

His entire kit is really strong, even if survivors reveal you.

His only downside is that he is an m1 killer and his perks suck, but a proper bandaid build minimizes that ( spirit fury and enduring ).

His cooldown isn't even that long, by the time you pickup and hook a survivor after being revealed it's pretty much almost fully charged without addons.

Better mind games, same chase potential the only upside is myers can bank a T3 on demand and faster vaulting, thats it.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Because it's not a matter of who's better.

He's an icon, and a LOT of people would get upset if they make him non-existant now.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I do a far stalk first then come down when i 99 a survivor it is god tier on any red forest map just protect what you can see from vantage.

• MrSunbro
    MrSunbro Member Posts: 111

Let's wait to see what the nerfs do to him i.e not stalking in chase for example and fixing the detection of him as well

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267

question is why they make new killer almost similar in powers as already existed myers , shows devs runs out of ideas

• Boss
    edited June 2019

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

They claimed not too many Killers ago they at least had ideas for about 10 more Killers, and that might've grown again over time.

Or maybe, unlike the community, they don't mind if Killers are pretty similar.

I mean, the dev team thought it was a great idea to add a VFX on Killer stuns, while a vast majority of the community hated it.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

myers is better than GF lol

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited June 2019

Myers snowballs way harder with tier 3. No stalking invldvigual survivours. The lunge range increase is clutch as well. A well timed tier 3 myers can start some amazing 4 man slugs. Myers also has some of the most fun add ons like tombstone piece and infinte tier 3.

Both are similar but there are pors to myers that ghostface cant access.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Cause tier 1 is the best.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Myers addons are better. Myers has addons that make him really OP and nearly impossible to win against.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

-is moderately offended by the title of this thread-

In all seriousness they both have advantages and disadvantages, I'm hoping his release might mean buffs for other stealth killers in general (Pig POV raise/crouch speed and Michael's stalking restrictions i.e. draining, since ghost doesn't have them)

Plus being seen doesn't kick Michael from using his power... (but ghosts is cooldown based too, put memorial flowers and J Myers memorial together and you can EW3 whenever you want without having to target individuals)

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Nice bait. Would be true if Imitation Myers had his own powers instead of lesser versions of the OG.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,278

myers is stronger then ghostface in every possible way. He has better add-ons, better base statistics(Vaulting,Lunging,TR), better snowball potential,less counter-play, Ghostface excels at nothing. you can hide your red glow by walking backwards and have same mind-game potential as ghost face on barricade loops. Myers technically has add-on's that give aura reading when stalking, but nobody uses them. because they're ass. good bait post.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Ghostface was more popular when i was a kid. Never heard about Myers back then.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339

I look at the killers now, a bit, like, Team Fortress 2 weapons. They all do basically the same thing, but have small, minor changes that drastically change how you play (usually).

Myers and Ghost face are both stealth killers and stalkers, but their difference is Myers stalks One for All the benefit, but is limited. Ghost Face stalks individually for individual benefit, but indefinitely (and can go stealth mode)

So it's how you want to play one of these 2 similar killers with different methods of winning

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I prefer playing Myers over Ghostface tbh. Not to say ghostface sucks but I prefer the original stalky boi.

• Boss
    edited June 2019

Popularity is subjective, i didn't know either even existed until i got in college.

And even if he's objectively less popular than Ghostface, that doesn't mean he's not an icon.

Oh, i forgot to mention why he's an icon: He was recently voted as the most fun to play against.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Pig isn't getting a pov raise because they gave Ghostface the same ######### pov. His camera drags the ground when crouched and a thick blade of grass can count as a LOS blocker when trying to stalk a survivor.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Ghostface seems to be popular with the young crowd who never seem to have heard of Halloween. That's probably why I fail to see the appeal.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

They've got to be super young or from Antarctica or something. That's crazy. I'm guessing that they were introduced to Scream through the MTV series that I still haven't seen.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

No, they said they make licensed killers as close to their respected movies as possible.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Directional notification only if the survivor is looking at you, give it a few weeks and the survivors will learn and stop doing so

And yes, he's a blast to play as

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Ember_Hunter

The license is that of the mask and name only, it has nothing to do with the movie itself

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Why is it a problem if the powers are similar? I only think its a bit goofy the stalk sound affect is exactly the same. Other than that its fine. Both are completely different. Both have advantages.

One huge advantage Myers has is he can be detected and 99 T3.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

To be fair his power is better than pig’s for a chase/getting a target so it’s not like he’s expected to land a dash after being grass blind, also I know but I’ll never stop asking for it. She needs buffs a lot more than he does (addons, POV, crouch speed etc) I just added it as a broad hope that she would get that and the crouch speed even if the only thing they may change is the crouch speed. Seems like he needs it too but piggy has been waiting longer.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Myers VS Ghostface is like compairing Hex: Haunted Grounds to Make your Choice.

They do similar things in different ways. So neither one specially outclasses one another. Either way both killers are unique and fun.