Will killers ever get a perk to counter pallet looping?

Perelie
Perelie Member Posts: 433

It's been a few years, you'd think they would have added one by now? Some people try to claim Spirit Fury as one but it's pathetically weak at what it does.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Brutal Strength (kinda) and stbfl too.

• Perelie

It's worthless alone because you can only use it every three pallets and you still get stunned. It's pathetic.

• Perelie

It's a weak counter to pallet looping. Killers need something better.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

If your question is "will killers ever get a singular perk strong enough to counter pallet looping?" then my answer is simple: no, or not without it having a massive requirement. Killers rarely if ever get new perks coming out of BVHR that are overwhelmingly powerful and meta (looking at you, MoM..)

To be fair, a lot of survivor perks are #########, too.

• Perelie

It still needs to have Enduring merged with it to make it alright.

• GrootDude

It is a strong perk, I get plenty of use with it, even without enduring. I actually use it more without enduring.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

With a lot of perks and addons for aura reading, you can't have a perk to stop looping too.

• tomikomPL
    tomikomPL Member Posts: 97

You mean something like this?

11:15 - 11:24 train=palette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EjB8hITzA

• GrootDude

Most strong pallet loops have a window and a pallet.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

They are reworking maps to remove long loops and make more shorter ones which can be mind gamed at.

It's gonna take some time though.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

And they also have another 5-10 very strong just close enough pallets for bamboozle to not matter.

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218

I've ended several loops with "I'm All Ears" and Ghostface has only been out a couple of days. It's a REALLY good perk.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

You didn't mention the best part. Reworking the loops in future 😍

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

Play nurse then. It's really insane how many people still complain about looping (besides some busted maps like preschool but a rework was announced)

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

We have many to help out, Enduring, Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength, Bamboozle (and to a lesser extent Fire Up) choose one to help you out. We also have killers who help end loops such as Clown, Huntress, Hag, Spirit, Pig with her Ambush around short loops, Trapper, Doctor with a well timed shock, Plague if you have corrupt purge available and if course Nurse. We have all of these and some addons for certain killers as well. Learn to mindgame around the loops and trick survivors with your red glow. Pay attention in chases. Watch for LoS blockers and take advantage of them. Get inside the mind of your opponent.

• Perelie
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Is that pallet stun duration that much shorter than the pallet break duration? I don't actually know the times for them.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Play nurse or Spirit or learn to mindgame. If the loop is safe, use SF + Enduring.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

A pallet stun is 2 seconds by default, reduced to 1 with enduring.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited June 2019

What you want is one perk to shut down pallet loops entirely, but that's the main weapon survivors have. A perk to entirely shut down pallet loops with no counter-play would be like a perk that makes it impossible for the killer to break pallets.

Most pallet loops can be countered just with clever mind-games. If you get good enough at that, then enduring and fury is enough for the non-mindgameable loops, and then you've basically shut down the survivor's main weapon. 2 perks and a bit of skill isn't crazy cost for that.

If you're not confident at mindgames, you should use the Ghost's new perk: I'm all Ears. I can see it as basically a killer's version of windows of opportunity, in that it lets the killers see how the survivor positions in a high-wall loop. Use it until you think you can safely predict survivors in those loops, then get good at abusing unsafe loops, then use one or two chase perks, and you shouldn't have much trouble anymore.

Pallet loops have a lot more counter-play to them than is obvious, one perk to shut them down isn't needed, just a lot of skill and maybe a few perks to help.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Spirit Fury isn't useless without Enduring. It just also guarantees hits at pallets near windows, otherwise it's universally rewarding. On top of this, it breaks a pallet automatically for every 2 that you lunge through. It punishes pallet baiting, and encourages aggressive gameplay by removing the downside of respecting pallets.

• ZacKskills
    ZacKskills Member Posts: 79

You realize that killers are naturally faster than survivors plus they all have a built in perk bloodlust.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

Pallet looping is literally survivors only line of defense. That's like saying "survivors should have a counter to the killers weapon". While they do to an extent, there are all one-time use perks or items. Suggesting a perk that completely counters pallet looping, well, no. For balance purposes, countering isn't a thing, you want to close the gap, but not counter it. Spirit fury and enduring do that.

• MattRiles
    MattRiles Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019

You do realize killer is as easy as it has ever been. Perks like Ruin and Sloppy there to slow the game down. You have Enduring which just got buffed in terms of pallets and Spirit Fury which when combined with enduring is very strong and you're looking for more pallet loop perks? I'm sorry but you have these perks and if they aren't enough, you need to learn how to mindgame loops better. Absolutely no need for any pallet loop perks for killer.

• Exa1ib3r
    Exa1ib3r Member Posts: 86

+1

I play three different types of nurses:

Omegablink nurse, Mediocre blink nurse, and nurse basekit,

and with all I have dominated.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

I can agree that Brutal Strength is a weak perk. But Spirit Fury is not, the ability to destroy a pallet when stunned is good, paired with Enduring it's amazing.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

How many hour do you have in the game, and what rank are you? Because Enduring + Spirit Fury is the best perks an M1 killer can have. If you REALLY want a perk/killer who can anti loop for free, play Nurse. Otherwise learn too loop or learn too leave survivors if they in a good spot.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2019

Did he really asked for a perk to "counter" pallet loop...

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

Depending on the loop you can mind game. Most loops where the survivor can see you not on farm maps after they drop the pallet, if they stay at the same loop you can easily get them to vault the pallet and get a free hit. These are unsafe pallets. The safe pallets, you can use enduring and spirit fury to get a free hit or 2, but sometimes you just gotta do the loop and wait for them to drop it. They did say one of the worst offenders of safe pallet loops, badam preschool, would be getting a rework pretty soon (like 6 ish weeks).

Overall, there are counters, but they do take time to practice and some just require the right map.

• Nescau_Fernando
    Nescau_Fernando Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2019

Brutal Strength, Enduring and Spirit Fury help against pallet drops, not the loop itself (running laps around a pallet).

When you combo Enduring + Spirt Fury, half of the Killer's loadout, which should be equivalent to 8/16 Survivor perks, the best you can do is get a free hit every 3 pallet drops. Assuming you can run at least three laps around a safe loop, you need to go through nine laps + catch-up time after breaking two pallets. That is the optimal scenario. By dropping the pallet one lap early, Survivors completely negate half of your loadout while still running you for six laps every three pallets. SWF can run you for even more laps, since all friends will immediately know if Spirit Fury ever procs.

Is Enduring + Spirit Fury meta? Yes. Is it enough to make pallet restricted M1 Killers be viable at high level gameplay like Nurse, Spirit and Hag? Not even close. If anything, it helped Billy the most, and his combination of fast mobility and high lethality was already strong to begin with.

We have two problems:

1) The perks (Bamboozle, Brutal Strength, Enduring, Spirit Fury) occupy too many perk slots. While you can in fact equip all four at the same time, they occupy too much loadout space for the effect they grant.

2) There's no perk that directly counters pallet loops per se. Anti-pallet perks are too focused on the pallet drop rather than the laps you run around the object.

While BHVR's promise to make safe loops shorter and more susceptible to mind games is part of the solution, I believe they can go even further to help M1 Killers. Here are my suggestions:

1) Give Enduring the Brutal Strength treatment. That means reducing the baseline pallet stun and nerfing the perk to compensate, freeing a perk from the M1 Killer's rigid loadout (Enduring, Spirit Fury, Barbecue & Chilli, Hex: Ruin). Billy would also benefit from this, but this is more of a problem of M1 Killers being almost strictly worse than Billy during a chase than a problem with the idea of "Brutal Strengthening" Enduring. This brings us to my second solution:

2) Create an anti-looping perk that specifically helps against the laps Survivors run around a pallet rather than the pallet drop itself at the price at putting your M2 on a cooldown. Imagine a perk that lets you blink once every 60/50/40 seconds (similar to the blink ability from Identity V) but immediately puts your M2 ability on a cooldown for 30/25/20 seconds, for example. Would be garbage on Nurse, leave Billy without a one shot, Spirit without phase walk and could be programmed to prevent Hag from teleporting during the cooldown, but it would help the likes of Trapper, Wraith, Doctor, Freddy, Pig etc SO MUCH!

Post edited by Nescau_Fernando on