Disable Haddonfield Until It's Reworked

Options
Leatherbilly
Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I know this isn't a suggestion you like hearing, but this is the worst designed map in the game. Most killers just DC it, and the survival rate is disproportionate.

It's not reasonable to automatically lose at any rank below 15 because you got Haddonfield and the Survivors didn't literally AFK.

Comments

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624
    Options

good idea... fkn hate this map, and its always the first map i play every time i get on for some reason. I have the worst time on it. Very annoying

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

agreed. i fcking hate that map more than anything. i play perfectly and still only walk away with a kill or two, just because the map is so extremely survivor sided.

also @Paladin_Goo Trapper might sound strong on that map on paper, but in reality you get easily destroyed. there is just too much you'd need to cover with your traps than you even have traps - 6 traps is not enough at all. thats enough to shut down the myers house efficiently, but if you try to play world wide trapper (placing your traps in different areas) the chances of them actually walking the one path you shut down are simply too slim. there are too many ways around your trap locations. and without traps you get easily looped to death. all they need to do is stay outside the house / houses you shut down and loop you on a different location. his basement play on the map is good though (which is why i said shut down the myers house (which needs at least 3 traps, that also are not guaranteed to catch someone))

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I just played on it and a nurse destroyed us, big time. Had a really hard time finding the ruin D:

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

Why not disable Badham while they're at it? Hate that map.

• Gorgonia
    Options

It's funny how it's all about winning or having a nice killing ratio and not about having fun. When I play survivor, Haddonfield is a map I love. You have so many places to run to to hide and stuff, and you don't have to rely on some tree or awkwardly positioned rocks on some random field... let alone the fact that you find walls at places where... why would you build a wall there... really? xD

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
    Options

It doesn't mean that in the slightest. It's one of the most unique maps in the game. For example, it's one of only two (I think?) maps that doesn't have a killer shack.

• Gorgonia
    Options

It's not about fairness, it's about being different. Like I said, it could be tweaked or changed to make it more viable for killers, without its losing its design essence.

• Tower_XVI
    Tower_XVI Member Posts: 109
    Options

This map is frustrating in a way that words fail to describe as a mid-tier killer against even purple ranks. I have fences and windows in the worst of my nightmares.

• Leatherbilly
    Options

Great, and until then disable it so we can stop DCing every time the game tells us we lose for free.

>_>.

• Gorgonia
    Options

Noooooooo.... Leave Britney alone!

I mean, Haddonfield D:

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    edited June 2019
    Options

Grim Pantry is way worse.

I always wanna DC as a killer on that map unless I run 2x BpS offerings.

• lindenis
    lindenis Member Posts: 60
    Options

Noooo I really like that map :/

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,622
    Options

Yeah, completely justified if a Killer DCes on a Map he does not like. But god forbid a Survivor DCs and the Killer does not get his precious BBQ-Stack. This is basically a catastrophe.

I mean... It is one Map. If you get on this Map and lose. Suck it up. You cannot win them all.

All this whining from DBD players is simply pathetic.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    Options

This map is an abomination of bad map design. Survivors forced to run in straight lines because of long fences. Killers having to deal with borderline house infinites and infinites in general. Not fun for anyone. Guaranteed DC unless there's bp offerings when I play killer.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

a map "he does not like" undersells the issue. it's one thing to not like a map, it's another for it to be borderline abject torture to play on especially if the survivors run it on purpose

"you can't win them all" shouldn't translate to "rolling this map is a guaranteed loss"

not that haddonfield is a guaranteed loss but even wins on it are horrible experiences

• Leatherbilly
    Options

It's pathetic to defend a map you've agreed equates to an automatic loss. There is no map where you automatically lose as Survivor.

The most killer sided maps, none of which were actually named here as counterpoints, are Wrecker's Yard, Gas Heaven and Father Campbell's Chapel. None of them mean you lose instantly as Survivor.

• Aven_Fallen
    edited June 2019
    Options

@miaasma

Suck it up. Really. Stop the whining. When Haddonfield gets reworked/disabled, Killers will cry about the next Map. And then Survivors will start about The Game.

Maybe all DBD players should stop to be entitled little crybabies and simply play a Map, even if it is not in their favor.

But I know, this is too much I expect from people who are Adults..

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited June 2019
    Options

I can see where people are coming from. As a survivor main, getting chased, getting up the staircase, fast vaulting and for balance landing to activate, I gain some distance to the next pallet. I also play Trapper, and it's a map that you'd love. By far, it's so small, dark, and they can't see your traps if you have the add on for it.

But in all honesty, it's not easy to lose someone on the map, unless something happens. In my opinion though, and in contrary to what I just said, it's not "extremely" but it's pretty one sided and it's a pain to catch up to survivors with pallets around the corner and being able to hug objects all the time.

I'm neutral, don't like the map, but sometimes gain some enjoyment playing on it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

a 4k on that map is the result of the survivors screwing up. that wont happen with decent survivors, unless they get really overconfident at one point, resulting in the teams ultimate downfall. that is not how majority of the haddonfield games go and we both know that.

also, imagine the round with a wraith or clown. would you still have been able to get that 4k?

also also, there is a difference between "people performing better on a certain map" and "people getting hard carried by the unfair map design".

and did you hear from the shelter woods "fix"? they "slightly increased the amount of pallets" on the map, so you now have one every 15 meters. yes, the map used to be the most killersided map in the game, but if you can manage pallets you can buy a LOT of time for your team without going down on it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

@Miasma

Yes, Killer Mains are whining. So are Survivor Mains. Some Threads are ridiculous. This is one of them.

• Leatherbilly
    edited June 2019
    Options

Considering map design is one of the biggest problems in the game, yeah we will complain about it, just like most of us agree that Nurse and Hillbilly would need nerfs if we fixed map design. Prayer beads and Nurse range/extra blinks are ridiculous add-ons, further examples.

But that's because we're "adults" and not parisan hacks defending our side's most overpowered toys. Haddonfield is particularly egregious and if we get it without being Nurse or Hag, we lose on the spot at any reasonably competent team.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Haddonfield is my favorite map. Leave it alone.

• Gorgonia
    Options

Keep it civil, guys. We can all agree or disagree but we're in no place to look down on others or ban them from participating in the forums. If we don't like someone else's answer, we ignore it and move on.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options

I have very little problems on haddonfield tbh. Its a fun map to play as killer imho. If you cant cut it just sit there and do nothin or train yourself.

• Leatherbilly
    Options

It's pretty clear that some of us will call balls and strikes, arguing for nerfs and buffs to both sides where necessary, whereas others are more interested in preserving their side's most ridiculous and overtuned playthings.

Everyone knows this map is completely ridiculous and there are many disingenuous obfuscations taking place here.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

Other than the RNG being a bit broken on this map. It is readily at times both killer and survivor sided. I play huntress frequently and can easily crush and if needed 3-gen a team down. As a survivor you learn how to play Haddonfield to your advantage against certain killers. The hardest to beat is probably trapper at this map.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269
    Options

Haddonfield is awesome. Nuff said.

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

no killer is hard to beat on this map if you have no issue abusing uncounterable window loops, and many survivors don't

just as many survivors don't understand how to properly run haddonfield and go down far too quickly despite the resources they have to work with

personally i intentionally avoid the cheesiest aspects of this map in order for the game to not be a complete snooze-fest for the killer, but most survivors aren't going to do the same and if they know what they're doing they can literally be impossible to catch before you've lost the game

what's especially sad is the stereotype that balanced landing is needed in order for these houses to be infinites. in pretty much every open house at least one window will be open that can waste enough of a killer's time as to need entity blocker, and if even one person knows to do this they effectively cannot be caught before too much gen progress is made

• Dokta_Carter
    Options

I find that a bit... Wrong. To me its a fine map. I love it. I dont view why it should be removed and reworked.

• miaasma
    Options

i would love to run BL against you on haddonfield and then have you tell me the map is okay

we'd have a good old time

• Dokta_Carter
    edited June 2019
    Options

I doubt you could cause me to think otherwise. The only map i dislike is Coldwind. And its because that corn can cause me to lose sight pretty easily. And thats a personal skill issue

• Leatherbilly
    edited June 2019
    Options

I think if you played against him/her in a KYF against BL on Haddonfield you'd think differently lmao

Your comments lead me to believe you haven't seen a competent team run the Haddonfield infinites properly, but what perplexes me is that the map is still awful even without the semi-infinites.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

Haddonfield is the only I dare to say that is completely broken. The loops on this map are all safe havens, you can do nothing about it (except some pallets that are on the edge of some houses, those ones are unsafe as hell). And if a survivor has Balanced Landing and they know they're doing, you'll never catch them, simple as that. The only killers that can do something on this map are Nurse and Trapper.