Disable Haddonfield Until It's Reworked

2»

Comments

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

I'll take Haddonfield over Spirits map anyday. I once got in 3 times in a row as killer when I first played. Ugh.

• Tower_XVI
    Tower_XVI Member Posts: 109

To be fair when a Killer disconnects the match immediately ends, when a survivor disconnects it results in a worsened experience for those who are forced to stay. A Killer leaving only wastes offerings and the Killer's add-ons, so they actually take the bigger hit in that sense, especially considering how long Killer queues tend to be as a rule anyway.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Don't know if y'all realize, but Rotten Fields has a higher survival rate than HF. Not saying HF isn't bad(think it's top 5), just saying.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2019

@Masantonio

Those statistics aren't really accurate because of other factors like DCs and farming. If a map has a 60% survival rate, 20% of that could be from Killer DCs or farming games. The devs only showed us the percentages, not what made them up.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Shelter woods is no where near haddonfield or badham preschool levels, Sure Shelter woods is a good map for any killer but it's also a decent map for survivor granted you know how to use and conserve your resources which is the way it should be instead of having insanely safe loops every 10 meters.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Yes please, Haddonfield needs to go

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I actually really love the Haddonfield map, it's one of my favourites. But that might just be the Halloween bias in me speaking, as it is my favourite horror movie.

I find quite a lot of moments to surprise attack survivors on it, especially in the houses as the rooms with generators are pretty small. I can see why some killers wouldn't like it, but every map in the game has the ability to show a killers strength and expose their weakness. One killers dream map is another killers nightmare.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Every killer besides Nurse and Trapper insta dc on Had no fun Field and I cant blame them. That map is beyond broken.

• DBDbuildsYT

Or dcing when you see the Haddonfield offering is another viable alternative :)

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370

The only problem I have on Haddonfield as killer is when people run Balanced Landing but to fix this, all the devs need to do is add doors to the balconies rather than only have windows to them.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    edited June 2019

Haddonfield is a stupid map and yes he should be disabled like every map that give one side an advantage.

Those maps are for survivors (crotus prenn , haddonfield , lery) yes you hear me Lery because today i just got an infinite on this map. 4 windows in a 10m range while playing Billy.

As killer ( shelter woods , coal tower ) are only killer sided if the RNG wants it, overall there isn't a true map that are killer sided.

To explain my argument,

crotus prenn : have the stupid infinite we all know i don't need to explain here.

haddonfield : have a really bad design because windows can spawn along a fence that can't be mindgamed/cut off, sometimes there are even two windows next to each others. With that add the infinite with myers house (balanced landing).

Lery : i don't really know who's side she is but sometime the RNG make it survivors sided. Today i got a 4 windows loops in a 10m range as Billy.

Blood Lodge : have an insane amount of safe pallets and probably the most pallets in the whole game.

Coldwind farm : are all survivors sided exception to rotten fields with Billy maybe.

Red forest : are the largest/biggest map on the game are survivors sided.

Only to name a few all maps are only balanced for nurse because she can travel fast and down people fast. The rest (M1 killers) are in disadvantage and Billy is RNG based but can easily be looped for ages.

Maps shouldn't give any side an advantage and loops should be skill-based/shorter and less safe.

• DBDbuildsYT

This is pure gold, maps need a very thorough rework

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

To those in this thread.

Haddonfield is a mess of a map.

There's only THREE generators that aren't next to safe tiles with abusable long loops, or multiple windows that can SOMETIMES spawn this way. These three generators aren't near each other, so you cannot 3-gen strategy them.

It's a mess of a map.

Shelter Woods can be bad for killers if it has a high pallet count, it's totally RNG dependent.

The Game map also is much the same if it spawns with tons of pallets, many of which block pathways and cannot be mindgames. You are 100% guaranteed 4 pallets (two above the bathroom, and two surrounding entrance to basement).

• tehshadowman33

To this very day,

Haddonfield is the ONLY map I see map offerings for from survivors. They always run balanced landing.

This is just torture.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

On Xbox the map has doodoo frame rates. Like probably the worst in the game

I will DC every time

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

That's just because Nurse doesn't have to respect BL infinites.

• tehshadowman33

Grim pantry is sometimes horrible. It depends on RNG, where the building ramps spawn, etc.,

You get punished pretty bad if it's a bad variation, and basement doesn't spawn in the main tile.

• tehshadowman33

I don't even want to THINK about trying to play Wraith on Haddonfield in Red Ranks. Jeez, by the time you uncloak, they've already jumped a window and are ready to start the window loops. *Sigh*

• tehshadowman33

Agreed. I hate tone policing. If we have an issue with something and offer a criticism and alternative, it should not be labelled as "whining."

• tehshadowman33

Yamaoka estate's problem is that there's WAY too much debris everywhere. If you're playing Billy, good luck knowing which routes you can go through without hitting something in the dark of that map.

At least that map got a good nerf in that survivor's cannot blend in as easily with the reeds and bamboo due to BHVR adding more saturation to dark clothing. :)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,240

I wish they were being much more aggressive with the map reworks. There are so many broken windows and structures out there. How hard is it to put a doorway next to the window in Ironworks, for example?

• tehshadowman33

I'm guessing you use Pig a lot?

Yeah, Pig's not bad on Haddonfield thanks to stealth. If you can manage to get close enough to block a window, you can do well sometimes depending if they decide to heal or not.

These are the only killers that have any real shot of getting a 4k against a team of competent Rank 1 survivors on Haddonfield:

Pig

Trapper

Myers (specifically Vault Lord Myers meme build)

Nurse

Hag (unless survivors are running flashlights)

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289

As soon as I see Haddonfield I immediately disconnect regardless of what addoms I'm using or what offerings I burned because it simply isn't worth it

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

@tehshadowman33 Yeah I use the Pig a lot, so this is probably why I don't mind being a killer on that map. It is however, 100% survivor sided, as I feel a sense of relief when I get that map as a survivor, as I know there's a high chance the entire team is going to escape, and you shouldn't feel that way. The map shouldn't dictate the outcome of a match...

• tehshadowman33

Yep. Which is why I'm super annoyed when survivors burn that Haddonfield map offering. You just know they're going to use Balanced Landing and know how to abuse infinites.

That sort of gameplay outdoes even most other forms of cheese in this game. Even Max Range treatment mode Doctor on the Game Map pales in comparison to Haddonfield shenanigans.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I personally like Haddonfield from both sides. Which is not to say that I don't get stomped on it sometimes. I do agree it needs some changes. But if you DC because of the map, you are a pansy. Should I DC everytime I face a killer I can't play well against? I'm pretty sure nobody would say that I should.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

For anyone saying Gideon is killer-sided, they made the pallet count on that map a minimum of 15 in patch 2.3. And it always spawns 4 of the safest pallets in the entire game all in close proximity to each other.

Gideon hasn't been a balanced map in months.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

But the fact that most people you fsce will drop pallets for no reason on certain killers makes said safe pallets go pretty quickly. I burn that offering every now amd then when im trying new builds. Or using vanity mirror myers

• tehshadowman33

Vanity mirror is like the one Myer's addon that needs some slight number tweaking. The movement penalty is too harsh for what it gives back in return.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

U dropped your authenticity with saying you do good with Huntress and Billy. This is one worst map for Billy and for Huntress it's quite bad aswell.