A Post To The Devs From All Of The Survivors AND Killers. Please Read Everyone And Reply.

Options
AStupidMonkeyy
AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Sometimes we forget that the devs are just human. Yes, they break a lot of #########. I mean a LOT OF ######### but they work really hard, Man. Not all of them have time to constantly play because they do got to fix this stuff. Peanits for example.

He works his ass off and is still nice enough to talk to us and relay information even when we're pure ######### to him. Everyday they hear nothing but super negative stuff from the forum about them not doing this or doing that on this game. Without them, we wouldn't HAVE this GAME. Sometimes, passion turns into hate when this game gets changed too much. We mustn't forget that they do work hard. Constantly getting hate without any thank you's is probably wearing them down.

The amount of #########, Peanits takes from us and is still willing to talk to us afterwards without being bitter back is really sweet of him. If I was a dev and got constantly ######### on or told horrible things to, I wouldn't reply to any of your questions, honestly. That has to be really depressing after awhile, working hard and trying to be there for your community but all you get is constant hate or insults thrown your way. I'm not saying they don't break ######### but it wouldn't kill anyone to be nice once in awhile to the devs. You know how many thank you's they get on here? Less than 1%.

They could easily just ignore us and just post updates and leave us with our thoughts but Peanits comes out and still tries to help and all we do is berate him. I'm guilty of it too. I sometimes get irritated and make titles that really insinuates that they break everything. I probably will keep doing that when I'm mad because I love this game and I get so upset when it doesn't work right. So to everyone who is reading this, I just wanted everyone, survivors AND killers to leave a comment at peanits using @Peanits to tag him and just leave a thank you for all of the devs hard work up to the point.

Even if you're mad about something currently, even if things are exactly how you want them. Just tag him so he can see that even when we're pissed off at ######### that they do, they are still important to us and we're glad that they care enough about us to just reply to some of our questions and to keep this amazing game working for as long as it has. Even a small thank you to the devs would go a long way and hopefully, he'll let the other devs know so they can read this. They do a lot for us and I just think it should be alright just to say thank you this once from all of us so they don't get discouraged. Thank you to all.

(edit) I separated the entire post into paragraphs.

Post edited by AStupidMonkeyy on

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

Contradictory to the post, I'm not going to read it without any paragraphs, but I do thank for what they've done for the game, and their players. People need to recognize we are humans, we can get better, and we will proceed to get better if they decide to.

• Camophlo
    Camophlo Member Posts: 103
    Options

Even through the game's faults and the bad community, the devs do try and it does show. So thanks to the devs, they deserve more than the ######### they get from all of us.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Options

@Peanits Thank you all for everything you guys do for us and all the replies that you do give us, Peanits. You're awesome and a thank you to all the devs working so hard on this game.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Yeah, cheers to them. We also need to somehow stop the toxicity, 95% of bad reviews on Steam or hate comments I have seen in Steam has something with the community, not the developers, but I have seen people outright calling out devs. Get it together, appreciate the hard work put in this wonderful game! It really has evolved since Dead By Daylight was released! :D

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I couldn't read all of this because it would give me an headache

I do love the game and I'm grateful for the devs, I even defended them many times in the past

But it sucks to see that they still haven't learned their lesson

I love them but they still make quick and unnecessary decision or take too long to make necessary decisions

The quick unnecessary: Freddy got gutted before people could get used to him because people cried wolf, then they did the same with the Plague, the nerf was minor in comparison to Freddy's but the way people learned how to play her became unviable. Then we get to Ghostface, he's going to be nerfed before people could get used to him making him the new "Panic nerf" killer

The long necessary: Lets start with the, probably, most hated one, Decisive Strike. DS was a pain in the ass for years, and it took them years to finally come up with a rework. MoM, compared to the others it took them a lot less, but it's still took them a long time to nerf it, especially because it was leaked long before Ash got released.

Then we have a mix of both, The Legion. Lets be honest, Legion was broken and needed to change, but it took them a long time and it didn't work out all that well. New Legion is not weak, in my opinion, but they're nowhere near as fun as they once were. The power is not worth using all that much and they feel so slow, both when running and when vaulting

Again, I love the devs, but they need to learn that their community isn't always right and that they should listen more to older players than newer players to make better decisions

For real, it always seems like the players understand the game better than the devs, which is pretty much how it works with most games

Yet again, I love the devs and I'm grateful for what they've done, this is my favourite game ever after all, but they need to do a better job in some aspects

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

I see it exactly like Peanits. People who are still complain, are also still intersted in the game, so also me.

But... what responses matters have I actual not read that much. Sometimes I wait for seeing my Avatar jailed, so that I know that at least they had finaly read a posting :). Would be a silent response, but... also a response.

Besides that, negative feedback is the only one you can grow with. That said... I am always one of the first ones who says "thank you" then finaly things change.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

Posting in a legendary, wholesome thread. ♪

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    Options

Thx devs. I know you guys are doing your best, and it's a lot harder than people seem to think.

It's easy for people to only see the feedback that agrees with them, and ignore the feedback that doesn't because it's wrong in their mind.

But the Devs have to look at all the feedback and still somehow judge the best course of action, and I think they've been doing a pretty good job as of late.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited June 2019
    Options

Soppy threads aren't my thing.

That said, i don't think they're bad.

Thanks for giving me a game that made me play over 2k hours.

Before this game, i thought my 800+ hours on L4D2 was a lot.

Also: Make Wraith's base Power viable on Rank 1 pls thx. 😂👌

Post edited by Boss on
  • MrSunbro
    MrSunbro Member Posts: 111
    Options

This game has been a vortex of hatred and love, amen

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

At the most, I question their QC, inability to curb toxic behavior, and version control. But never had a reason to hate them for anything. The worst thought I have is that I think Cote is a walking meme machine, but i love him anyway.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

I have to say @Peanits , considering this was not only a first of it's kind game, but the first time your company had worked on something that wasn't based off a children's show or the like, you guys did a damn good job.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

@Peanits

For better or worse, there are quite a lot of community managers who do not do as good of a job as you do. Just because it's your job doesn't mean people can't appreciate you doing a good job.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    edited June 2019
    Options

And of course people begin the complaining to devs for bugs. I bet they know already and will soon fix it! (Just don't nerf Ghostface like Pig)

Post edited by Ember_Hunter on
  • MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

And this is why most things in this game don't get fixed, balance, or listen upon, we're being too nice to them...

• Talmeer
    Options

Well... It is important to name the things that running wrong in the game. No question here. I do that all the time.

But sometimes it is also ok, to say something nice and I am not a blind fanboy. Infact I even actual don't play the game because of a patch, the devs have make in the past.

Things just need sometimes time.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Preach!

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202
    Options

@AStupidMonkeyy Thanks for reminding us to step back and appreciate the team once in awhile. It's the 3rd year anniversary after all.

Plus, what would legendary DBD be without all those godforsaken bugs? It's what makes everything worth clipping LOL.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

I got no beef with you or anyone. Just keep letting the others know that us Legion players need some good news and also that they've broken Killer Instinct on Legion as I'm getting the heartbeat, but the visual isn't showing up even when I'm looking at the survivor.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Please, @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky , go look through the forums and count how many negative postings there are to positive ones. I'll wait.

• Dragon_of_Fantasy
    Dragon_of_Fantasy Member Posts: 50
    Options

Thank you Behavior for introducing a game with many killers, survivors, and more.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

I agree that communication from Peanits has been top notch. Actions from dev team has not.

As long as DbD doesnt have any meaningful competition we will not see any improvements from devs.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    edited June 2019
    Options

If they listen at all we wouldn't be in such a mess, the problem is they refuse to listen no matter what unless there such big up roar, even then in one ear out the other just look at the plague n GF during there PTB they were greeted with positive feedback (besides GF 1st PTB) from both survivor players n killers, yet what do the devs do dont give to shits how much positive feedback they got they nerf the plague, GF nerf still coming even tho 88% positive. then all the broken bugs that make game unplayable cause exploits ruining any fun is insane

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Be my guest and make a balanced horror game, your deadline is three years, good luck! They’re trying to fix things/balance the game.

luv u devs! :D

• Talmeer
    Options

I hope for positive feedback to the Legion, Plague and Pig from the devs. Aka. that they are willing to make changes to them Hopefully soon, even I am not sure.

For Ghostface is it probably to early.

In the meantime I invite Ghostface on our Legion partys. We are nerfed and Ghostface will maybe be nerfed soon, but we still make the best damn partys in the world of dbd - you can bet :).

Should this nerf crying kids in the meantime think that they are good because they won a match against a nerfed killer - we will come back and then in full force to teach them a lesson!^^.

Never stop to fight the good fight.