Why do players get banned for the dev's mistake

Options
2»

Comments

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Because players know its a mistake and they aren’t EXPLOITing it. And this Wake Up exploit is legit game breaking. Plus people got banned for the Legion exploit so it will just show their bias if survivors a aren't banned for using this one.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

So people are wasting BP leveling Quentin to 30 just to get a perk that no one would want to use otherwise so they can exploit a bug that will hopefully get fixed sooner than later?....

I have enough perks I don't want showing up on my bloodweb not worth adding another one to exploit temporarily.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2019
    Options

I won't say Wake up shouldn't be fixed, because it should. However, Wake up is far from game breaking, and it's not even CLOSE to being the same level of broken that the Legion exploit is/was. Period. I'm at rank 3 killer right now, rotating between Billy, Spirit, Wraith and Clown, with a bit of Myers and Ghostface thrown in at times, and I haven't had it effect me much. In fact, I don't even notice until end game, after they are all dead.

That being said, no, players shouldn't be threatened with bans over developer screwups. Maybe if BHVR's frequency of screw ups wasn't so damn common, but as it happens, they screw up more than Pewdiepie.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

So you are saying that i'm allowed to exploit thanathophobia (makes skillchecks invisible sometimes) and also run legion double addons, which will reduce survivor action speed.. it's perfectly fine since it's devs mistake. But i have a feeling you think survivor is only allowed to run the broken perk

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

A bug is the developer's mistake, yes, but the choice to exploit is yours and yours alone.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121
    Options

Troll allert. Just ignore this guy, he is doing it on purpose.

Imagine you ban people for stuff they haven't even announced. Seems legit lol.

• nhattminhh
    nhattminhh Member Posts: 16
    Options

except that they don't know it bugged and still using it cuz they thought it was normal then get banned. FFS just disable the perk. Take LoL for example, if a champion is bugged, they disable the entire champion. Any people who have a decent brain will do what LOL dev do, "Do not punish the player for your mistake"