Have they started banning anyone yet for abusing Wake Up/Legion Add ons?

Options
2»

Comments

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2019
    Options

@Visionmaker

I unlocked and was using Thanataphobia III on Ghostface yesterday because I had no idea it was bugged; and it was one of the only Tier 3 perks I had on him. Now that I found that out today, I will not use it anymore, but I'm not sure how I would have realized it was bugged without coming to the forums.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

But that's just it: it wouldn't be a double-standard. People being banned for DCs, and anyone punished for all the balance-related exploits hitherto, first received clear warnings to stop doing whatever they were doing. That's why no one would feel bad for such people getting punished. But that same warning is what everyone is expecting before any action is taken over this latest round of bugs.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

What a mess

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

And since when did people repeatedly D/Cing receive clear warnings? And why should they do the same for people who are very clearly cheating to gain an advantage?

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

Obviously bugs would be case by case, but some exploits are far more apparent than others.

Again, a player's perk record should be taken into consideration.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

I don't understand how you can be for people being banned for using bugged perks. Who gets to decide if the person is intentionally abusing a perk?

Not everyone reads the forum or goes online for information. If someone unlocks a perk after it is bugged how are they going to know it's not working as intended when they have no prior experience with it.

If it's bugged disable the use of it until it's fixed

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

I leave a steak on the table, tell my dog not to eat it. That steak is going to be sitting there, untouched, when I get back. Cause she's a good doggo.

Steak here is the exploit. Players choose whether to be good or bad doggos when it's sitting in their faces.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    edited June 2019
    Options

soo.

self care is bugged.

sometimes disable the ability to heal yourself. and when someone heals you it stays at 0%

wake up is bugged.

everyone knows what it does atm.

thanatophobia is bugged.

make a lot of buttons go invisible

PWYF is bugged.

you don't lose a stack when you down the obsession

and some of legion's add-ons are bugged.

not sure what they do.

good job devs!.

Post edited by Heroiq on
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

That's a valid point. That's why they put the notice up in the news that pops up when you load the game. I agree that it should just be disabled period until the fix, but it seems unlikely they'll do it given their track history dealing with exploits, unfortunately.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2019
    Options

@Heroiq

Sometimes PWYF doesn't lose its tokens when you commit an aggressive action. I haven't tested it so I don't know the exact circumstances.

The Legion add-ons basically force you to mend so long that you might as well go down.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

You do know that there's a huge pop-up news screen when you open the game they can use to give warnings right? Just like they did with the Legion exploit a few months ago.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

Obviously that didn't do any good since people now just assume they can abuse exploits until the devs do a stupid announcement.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Is it really that hard to release a hot fix, though? Like with the Legion bugs, there's really no way to see in game that it's having any bugged affect, right? Same with some of the other bugs. If someone isn't looking to the forums to see what the most recent bugs are, they may not be aware of them. Obviously people abusing bugs are against the rules, but I'm just not sure why they don't just release a hot fix to stop the bug or just disable the perk/add-ons for the time being.

I don't think they can monitor what perks/add-ons people use, so I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if people are just seeking to abuse the most recent bug released into the game.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited June 2019
    Options

@gantes No one would have an issue with bans in that situation. They were told somethings broken don't abuse it.

At the moment these can be used without knowing 100% is going on but if you were made aware then continue that's way different.

Especially Thana bug you can't tell survivors can't see their skillchecks

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2019
    Options

Honestly, and I'm going to be blunt - the only thing BHVR seems to do on a consistent basis (besides unnecessarily nerfing killers) is break things in their game. Sometimes they break the same thing, over and over, with every patch (some aspect of the sounds/audio).

They need to stop threatening to ban their players for using broken things, and just stop breaking things. That's really the only solution that makes sense. Grow a pair and own up to your mistakes instead of blaming other people. In addition to that - I understand why they banned people for the Legion exploit before it was "fixed". I get it, but they also retroactively banned people who did it before they said it was bannable; and THAT is wrong.

BHVR just needs to pry their heads out of their backsides, own up to their own BS, and fix their #########. Period.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Yeah I just had this. Couldn't wiggle OR self heal. However, it was Ghostface and he was not running Thanataphobia.

• nhattminhh
    nhattminhh Member Posts: 16
    Options

Everything is bugged, we should ban everyone including you for playing the game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Play With Your Food doesn't lose a Token when you down someone.

Unsure if it works on 1-hits, but the YT channel "not Otzdarva" abused the ######### out of it on his latest Nightmare video.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited June 2019
    Options

Careful with what could be considered "naming and shaming".

@Boss

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

@Redd i've tested it.

when you down the obsession. you won't lose a token. so if you had 3 tokens and decided to go after the injured obsession and did an " aggressive action " on him and downed him. you won't lose a token and will still have 3 tokens

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304
    Options

There is no way to do that and be 100 percent sure you are not unfairly banning someone who just didn't know. Sure, you can get to 99 or even 99.9 percent...but I'd imagine that someone like you Visionmaker would be starting a holy war if you happen to be in that 1 or .1 percentile to get banned incorrectly....

You've also totally ignored the most valid point. How much lost development time has went into damage control of these complete game breaking bugs? aka running queries / reports / taking action / making announcements.

They are firing out content so quickly. I'd trade these gamebreaking bugs for new content at this pace, but only if the priority lists for the "bugfixes", "reworks" and "tweaks" were created by someone with actually played the game and had a clue.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    Options

It would be an OFFICIAL BHVR CONTENT RELEASE/UPDATE without something being broken or not even working.

Classic BHVR... Never change.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

Pretty sure the guy was just intending to say that people who don't know there using bugged perks/add-ons shouldn't be punished for it, and not that people who are using them intentionally shouldn't be

Because people who abuse them should be punished yes, but when a large portion of the player base uses perks legitimately (thanataphobia) it can be hard to find a reason to ban them/punish them. On the other hand, swf squads using wake up prove thyself and purple toolboxes with speed add-ons are far more likely to be abusers and should be punished in some form. But like again on survivor side a lot of people still don't know wake up is a bugged perk and occasionally use it to get Quentin adepts/ or just for it's use in end game builds, should they be banned too? No obviously not.

That being said I hope this issue is rectified sooner rather than later.

Also ps I'm on the side of people who have played with wakeup since the update though I only did it for a few matches, and only to see what it effected (those fast vaults are nutty) and it's a pretty horrid bug that I hope is fixed soon