The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Today is the first time I heard a survivor breathing and thanks to that I found him!!! I'm so happy!

Groxiverde
Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I just wanted to do this post to share my happiness!! Omg I have been playing this game since early 2018 and I swear I have never been able to find a survivor thanks to his breathing!! Today is the first time I did that! It was on Haddonfield and the survivor was crouching next to a locker. I've been able to hear him when i was searching the room!! I'm excited <3 <3

Post edited by Groxiverde on

Comments

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

It use too be like that, but some patch in 2017 ######### it all up and breathing was impossible too hear, even with stridor. Now it's back and it is so much better too mind game as well.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Yes! I'm so happy the sound is better now! I managed to hear some survivors hiding in the game and haddonfield the other day. I looked around and to my surprise, there they were one hiding around the pillar in the red room in the game and the other hiding in a bush behind a fence on haddonfield

• Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19

Yeah, Behaviour better fix this breathing bullshit or I'm out. Killers walking 2-3 meters past me in a bush, dead stop, turn and find me based on "breathing". As killer, I've played games and am finding survivors 4-5 meters out based on breathing alone.

Here's the thing- the breathing is just as bad if you have been walking or if you've been running. Some high IQ tester just decided to arbitrarily roll out massively increased breathing loudness and distance without any logic to it. I run whispers and find people with breathing so easily. This game's stealth mechanics started to go down the toilet with BBQ and all of the other perks that outright give all survivor positions away outside of lockers... now if you get within a few meters of a survivor you're guaranteed to find them based on breathing...

Who is greenlighting these decisions? Who is actually testing this?

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

And you don't see survs crying. You'll see when they fix hit boxes, this will be a sea of tears

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

You were always supposed to be able to hear survivors breathing if you were close enough to them and there wasn't any other noises. But having it broken for years has made people like you just assume that survivors should be inaudible to attentive killers cause you've gotten so entitled by having it bugged out for extended periods of time. Which is another reason that they should really put more priority into fixing bugs asap. Way too much entitlement in this game.

• Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2019

It doesn't sound like you comprehend what the word "entitlement" actually means.

"You were always supposed to be able to hear survivors breathing..." There is no argument to that in my comment (reading comprehension). The breathing sounds are carrying too far nor are they tied to movement/activity of the survivor. They've simply added a pulsing 3-5 meter location aura around all survivors. I guarantee they will be rebalancing the loudness/distance of that in the near future- where people like you will say it's simply due to survivors complaining rather than a semblance of logic or balance.

Also, game imbalance in other areas (gens go too fast without hexruin, perpetual looping/SWF bully + borrowed + DS + flashlight blah blah) isn't justification for an imbalance against the survivors either. I think that's a very common point of logic when people look at this game; topic X is imbalance so that justifies topic Y to be imbalanced.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Wait who downvoted this? This is like the best post I have seen in awhile.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Dehitay It'd suck if 3.0.1 re-introduced all the darn audio bugs once again.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Yeah breathing and grass moving was gone for like 1 year. I have found survivors hiding and I also have been found hiding and its great.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Yay for good audio