Allow killers to keep 1 add-on if they successfully kill a majority of the survivors

So it's my understanding that the game's addons / items operate in this form:

• Survivors lose items if they die or expend them (Though this is very easy to avoid), otherwise they can keep an item and reuse it in its entirety with all its addons in the next game and beyond so long as they don't die with it.
  • Killer add-ons are used up instantly, no matter the outcome. The game will automatically keep using any spares of the same addons if you have them, but there is no way to be good enough to keep any, despite them costing as much as survivors (which is lightly mitigated by the killer not spending bloodpoints on buying the base tools, but survivors can mitigate this through in-game chests and perks to improve loot finding anyway)

I feel it would be a great change to see Killers have a slight reward in the form that if they can get a good enough victory (e.g. Majority of survivors have died in some way), then one of their 2 addons are kept. The only exception would be that no ultra-rares could be saved (e.g. Myers can't keep saving his favourite Tombstone), and the slot that is saved would be random.

Comments

• Traslogan
    Traslogan Member Posts: 283
    edited June 2019

Well again though, it would be random. You would have a chance to keep that item, but maybe it gets spent, and you can't have 2 Myers Memorials at the same time. Eventually it'll get spent outside of very good RNG luck.

I can understand that some killers have good stuff before top-tier addons, maybe it could be specific addons per killer that can't be saved? Just a small blacklist of non-save items.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited June 2019

This would just encourage more DCing as Survivors see it as their divine right to help other survivors avoid Tombstones, Iridescent Axes, Iridescent Kings, Mother Daughter Ring and other broken add-ons. You would see survivors DCing the moment they see these add-ons just to prevent killers from keeping them.

Many Add-ons are already broken as #########, we don't need them being permanent fixtures in every game.

• Traslogan

I guess insta-flashlights and insta-medkits that survive half of all games aren't broken, huh?

The game itself is horrendously balanced, at least help killers be on even grounds when it comes to having to grind for items.

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

or you just put a black/white ward and done

not needed the addons drop like hell anyway^^ especially on p3 like most people do it to their characters if they play em

• Traslogan

Again, killers are still spending tons compared to survivors. Wards aren't that common. Survivors are rewarded with keeping 100% of their items / addons if they survive in any form. Killers can get 2-pips, 4 iridescents, kill all 4 survivors after 3 hooks each, and they will still spend all their content no matter what.

• Traslogan

yeah but devs won't do anything that might harm SWF, so asking to nerf survivors just won't happen anymore.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I like killing 3 survivors gives you 1 add-on back of your choice. It incentives good play and skill with a reward.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,161

I don't think a killer should keep their add-ons for killing survivors.

I do think a killer should keep their add-ons and offering if any survivor disconnects. Survivors disconnect precisely to keep a killer from getting use out of their add-ons and/or offering. It's scummy, and they shouldn't have that kind of power.

• Traslogan

Killer's don't earn tons of bloodpoints compared to the survivors these days, we actually lose pip score if survivors have Decisive Strike (and it stacks), we lose score if we don't hit you enough, we lose score if we let you heal, we can't get enough score if we stop you healing, and then we can't even keep our items whilst any survivor who lives can keep it. They at least can earn the ability to keep their gear (Such as flashlights that are guaranteed to stun a killer breaking a pallet at least 8 times for 5s each time before it runs out of battery), whilst killers are expected to just keep buying and buying and buying.

Let's not forget, if you dare to take down a survivor and they haven't secured their rank yet, they'll often quit (Especially if SWF) just to snub the use of your items, knowing you have to spend them without using them.

The game is blatantly pro-survivor, and it takes the cake.

• Mekkiepoo
    Mekkiepoo Member Posts: 10

Oh god yes, I hate it when I come up against a bunch of insta medkits and they all escape and get to keep them for another day!

Also.. I think you are forgetting that a survivor on average gets half as many BP as a killer.. so... they kind of already are on even grounds on the item grind.

• Traslogan

Except that you can avoid spending tons by just finding items, and then you save more by getting a fairly reasonable chance to keep them based on your ability to play.

Killers get no reward and must keep repurchasing all addons constantly.

• MrSunbro
    MrSunbro Member Posts: 111

Imagine keeping iridescent head on huntress EVERY round lol if you just ran it, what a clusterfuck it would create

• BruhMoment
    BruhMoment Member Posts: 39

The game is blatantly pro survivor at several turns, and this is just one more aspect in which the game favors survivors more. Letting the killers keep their add ons when survivors disconnect would be the least they could do, but if we want a truly balanced experience the killers will need a way to keep their add ons when they do well (same as the survivors).

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

There's black ward for that, though.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Think of how a White-Ward works. You use it for when you die aka Lose get annihilated etc. If a killer wins/loses they lose the add-ons regardless, however, a survivor does not. Therefore a black ward is weaker than a white ward in terms of what they do.

If you bring in say a green toolbox with add-ons you will escape with them. Killer can 4k and kill everyone even with low-tier add-ons and still lose them. Therefore it isn't a fair mechanic. Between 4 survivors there are over 80k points in a pool per map. A killer is capped at 31,400 bps I believe per match. To get bps as a survivor you have to complete the gens and such as quickly as possible and escape. While a killer to get max bps has to stall the game.

Idea

When a killer 4ks they have a 100% chance of keeping at least one of the add-ons used. 50% Chance at keeping the second. (RNG) which addon.

When a killer 3ks they have a 50% chance of keeping at least one of the add-ons used. (Lower Rarity Preferred) 25% Chance at keeping the second.

Disconnects should reward both add-ons back would prevent impossible myers achieve at this point.

• Traslogan

I like the idea above overall. I think they could make it so ultra-rares just can't be saved, end-of, or there is a specific list of things that cannot be saved (the Ebony Momento Mori for example, but maybe green mori could be saved). Otherwise, there needs to be some better catchup for killers to fund offerings and addons. Killers might not buy tools, but survivors can find them freely (And of very high tier with the use of Plunderer's instinct, or just pure luck), then they get to keep everything as long as at least 1 charge still remains on the item when they escape, thus they earn it.

Just let killers earn their preservation like Survivors can. If you fail to kill at least 3, the game can just spend your addons as if you had died as survivor.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101

I think you guys are overthinking this. Just throw out the "if" part of that request, and focus on the other half of how survivors keep items: consumption. That would solve pretty much all of the objections here. If myers used a tombstone and actually uses its effects on all the survivors, it's used up. If they all quit, or he manages to get them all sacrificed on hooks, he didn't use it and he keeps it for another match. Same with iridescent heads (did you down anyone with one of them?) etc.

• se05239

@Jdsgames You do realize that your suggestion would mean that killers use their best add-ons since it'd give them the best chance to 4k more often? Do you really wanna face an insta-down hatchet Huntress everytime you end up in a trial as a survivor? I wouldn't.

Killers need to lose their add-ons after every trial, unless they burn a Black Ward. That's just how it should be. Their add-ons are supposed to be strong and game-changing so letting them keep one or both after a good game.. that shouldn't happen. It'd just cause the circle to happen again, and again, and again.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Killer addons are nroken, letting them run more addons will destroy the game.

• Jdsgames

I didn't say all the op addons should stay as they should be did I? I simply understand the amount of bps have to be poured into killer to get a set of 'op' add-ons. Hell I have probably done 20 bloodwebs trying to get a judith's tombstone so I can try Evil Incarnate and HOPE that I don't get dcing players.

• se05239

@Jdsgames I don't see why you'd nerf the majority of all good add-ons in order for this change to be implemented. Seems like a lot of effort for a negative change. I rather have a few rare powerful add-ons than drowning in mediocre ones.

• Jdsgames
    edited June 2019

Yes so we can have. Survivors keep forms of top tier items. However, god forbid I can barely keep brown add-ons in stock.

To which no I am not pooring points into these two. I have other survivors/killers to prestige. However, as my main two characters I specifically can tell a difference in who is more stacked constantly. Yet survivors have chests and perks to farm items quickly. Where is the equivalent? Simply put there is none. Giving a chance at keeping add-ons would be fine.