Borrowed Time against Wraith and Pig

nichtRoxas
nichtRoxas Member Posts: 67
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

It would be really cool if you would change the heartbeat requirement against those Killers and maybe Insidous too. I literally got basement camped by a pig, she was crouching and waiting for me to get unhooked. I got unhooked and tunneled of hook with literally nothing I could have done. And don't tell me that should just run DS I hate being Rancor, a perk that's just stupid but that's okay; a lot of perks are I guess. Also if I run DS there is no room for Iron Will and that's kinda important with all the spirits. Also some people don't understand that I had a bear trap on and DS wouldn't have helped me at all because I wasn't getting it of.

Post edited by nichtRoxas on

Comments

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Not to be rude, but you're gonna have to change your play style. Same thing happens with GF. BT won't get touched any time soon. Don't loop near the basement if you're already injured. If it keeps happening on other hooks, you're gonna have to bring something like DS or DH. If you play with someone, have them body-block. Or you could force a body-block onto the other person (wouldn't recommend it but it's possible).

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Best way to deal with camping pigs, wraiths or GFS in this scenario is to bait a hit make them hit the hooked person now that they have a terror radius it is now possible to get a save with BT

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2019

Don't forget ghostface and freddy. They can also stand next to you without you being in their terror radius. But as always: Let them camp and do something else.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Get camped meanwhile the others are doing gens and the killer only kill you.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

DS doesn't guaranteed you are the the obsession. Plus, how many killers are really running Rancor? Besides the free mori, why would you not run better detection and exposure perks like BBQ and noed?

• nichtRoxas

How does Dead Hard help me there? I always run Dead Hard it doesn't do ######### there. And Sometimes you don't have other options than to stay near basement because there are either no pallets or anything or you don't know basement is there until you get hooked.

• nichtRoxas

I didn't talk about those for a reason. You can reveal Ghostface even as the hooked person and BT works against Freddy just fine.

• nichtRoxas

That's not gonna happen. I play solo and randoms always try to save. Nothing I can really do there. Idc if I die but that's just kinda stupid.

• nichtRoxas

Don't ask me, ask all the Spirit's I get. Like Jesus, every 3rd game is a Spirit.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I run DS all the time and I've yet to be Rancor. DS is the best counter to this sort of play. What's your current build? I'm sure you can make room for it.

How does Dead Hard help me there? I always run Dead Hard it doesn't do ######### there.

You can DH through the killer's swing or DH away if you time it right. I used to rely heavily on DH before the DS change. That's only if you have good timing for it, though, and can possibly get to safety.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Run ds and basement is no longer a danger

• nichtRoxas

Well see, I run Dead Hard, Adrenaline (because of obvious reasons), Iron Will because of all the Spirits and BT. Can't really remove either of them. The thing is, I dead harded but if I'm in the basement by suffocation pit I don't get far and that's exactly what happened. DS would've helped me get out but I still have the trap and she tunneled on purpose so there was just no way.

• Pike_Trickfoot

A lot of the time, the killer will swing early or the aim will hit the unhooker. Be prepared to start running in the opposite direction of the killer and towards the nearest loop. DH is just to be able to get there or to give you a chance for escape or DH towards your teammate so they get hit instead (but don't actually unless you're swf). DS is more fool-proof but this can be done.

So the basement. First off, you should be scouting the map for loops in general. There's only two places where basement will spawn. Check one of those as soon as you can or just plain avoid it. Learn when you're running out of time to loop around the basement and quickly move to the next loop before going down then. Don't get cocky with your looping. If you're about to go down and it's the shack, throw down the god pallet. Buy yourself that time otherwise the killer has a huge advantage with you in basement. If you're in basement, then you're screwed. Killer will body-block the DH so I recommend DS. If there's no pallets, don't go near the basement still. It's easier to make a play anywhere but the basement. You may have royally screwed yourself over (like you did against Pig), where your first hook was pretty much gg. You should always be planning ahead as survivor.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2019

Then it will nerf killers that good at tunneling. And wont do anything to Hag

• nichtRoxas

I know you're just trying to help and all but I know how to play the game and how it works. I was just saying that BT should work no matter what. Neither DS or Dead Hard would've helped me, I even used Dead Hard but it was the worst basement in the game (suffocation pit). Like I said, I had a trap and she tunneled me there is no way getting it of.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited June 2019

i mean hag (without mint rag) is counterable by just crouching to the hook, and "nerfing killers that are good at tunneling" doesn't seem like something i should care about. the entire point of BT is to counter tunneling and camping. someone's equipping a perk to counter a scummy playstyle that you can very easily just not engage in

• nichtRoxas

I mean if you trip a trap that's your own fault. If they have the pink addon (?) though it's rough but they usually get the unhooker with MYC

• Pike_Trickfoot
    edited June 2019

Then don't fall near basement next time. If you know how it works, than this shouldn't be an issue otherwise you dig your own grave. Don't rely on BT, especially since there're people who don't run it. BT was like that once and it was hell for killers. It's fine as is now.

• nichtRoxas

Dude, I'm literally just asking for them to remove an exploit. This shouldn't be thing it's kinda like with legion where he could moonwalk. I'm pretty sure it's not intended to NOT work against campers but against any killer that's in heartbeat range. That's just plain stupid. And telling me to not go down near basement or at all is not the point. Like I still had a trap on if I wasn't basement I would've still died. I don't care about dying I just don't like exploits like this.

• nichtRoxas

You don't get the point do you? jUsT dOn't Go DoWn 4Head If I say I got downed somewhere else, I still had the bear trap on so either way I could've done nothing my point is that the BT mechanic is still exploitable and it's just stupid that those two killers can do just fine with camping. Why should a perk that is meant to be anti tunnel NOT work against campers?

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Nerf => Infinite Deep Wound Timer

It was massively buffed.

After it was buffed, it was buffed again, and again, and again.

I never was it as being nerfed, tbh.

• nichtRoxas

Nah BT was once way stronger when both the unhooker and the unhooked person. It's definetly nerfed since then. It was buffed with the deep wound timer but the old BT was so much stronger.

• BunnyTheHutt

But how many of those Spirits are running Rancor? I also forgot too ask what rank, since that could affect how many use Rancor or not.

• nichtRoxas

I play every rank the same amount of time. Obviously on rank 1 there are a lot of Spirits and on lower ranks like 10 when rank reset is a thing I still get a lot of them. Idk man it's literally the same for me at every rank. Spirit is just popular I guess.

• BunnyTheHutt

DS is a unchangeable 5 second stun. If you can't get too a loop in 5 seconds, trap or no trap, then their is more then just BT as a problem. Plus, as you said, you were getting tunneled, so why would BT make it too where the killer would stop chasing you? Either way you get away for a few seconds too get too a loop.

• Pike_Trickfoot

I'm literally telling you things you can do. Hooks are near loops. Plan out where to get downed and the exit strategy. Since you figured she would hunt you down, delay her BY GOING TO THE NEXT LOOP. You won't survive if she's set on you but you can still do something for your team by distracting her. Sometimes this ######### happens. I'm saying to be smart if you're going down. There's this thing called adapting to the situation.

It's more so to give you a chance against campers. Key word: a chance. It is not a freebie so it has counterplay. You should also be immune for the first second you get unhooked. This gives you time to leave. They waste their time and points on camping and tunneling you.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I would say mix and match for a few games to see what you like. Survivors don't really need any particular perks or even items to do well and you might find different builds you like more than your current one if you experiment with them a bit.

• BunnyTheHutt

I also fine Freddy a great couple for MYC. Can't camp so punish those who save.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

This is best advice - prevention. Should be number one rule of survivors, don't get hooked in the basement. Insta down killer or injured being chased, unless you are a looping god, stay the hell away from the basement. Even if you get downed somewhere else it is way easier and safer to get you off the hook.

Anyone who gets hooked in the basement should count themselves lucky they if they ever get out. Two people in the basement is game over. I run a basement save build with BT, we'll make it, UE (for hags and general positioning) - and I still dread doing basement saves. It would be nice if BT worked against killers concealing their terror radius, but those are few cases.

But run DS if you want more personal control - I seldom see rancor and it is easy to counter. Don't worry about it.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,361

@shanks3042 actually, Freddy's TR is still there, even if you personally can't hear it. It is 24 meters base, and can still proc all TR related effects, like unnerving presence, even if you are awake and can't hear it. Point being, Freddy has no inate immunity to BT.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

The old Borrowed Time wasn't stronger. Yes, it protected both unhooked and unhooker, but it was one-time-use. A lot of killers stayed relatively close to the hook in the beginning of the game so that the survivors would have to waste their BT and wouldn't be able to use it at the later stages of the match.

Also, the old BT had a bleed-out timer that would continue to go down while you've gotten chased.

From a survivor's perspective, I wouldn't want old BT back.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Bt is imo op right now if you got some killer who need atack 2 times it is just #########?! I dont even go soo far and alredy somone unhook surv so i go back load evil within 4 for example and nothing happend becose of BT.Noed pff no problem bt save the day.

• BunnyTheHutt

Evil Within 4 xD. Myers Flexes his abbs and all Survivors are instantly blinded for 30 seconds. In all seriousness, I agree that it promotes a very Leroy Jenkins playstyle, but I usually just hit the person saving, hit the unhooked person, then chase the person who saved. Person who unhooked is injured and can't take another hit, and person who was hooked has too mend and not do a gen.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Nope leave BT as it is. Any nerfs or buffs are really bad idea, it's fine right now.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

If you know the killer can hide their tr, then you should also be baiting the first strike before making the save. Never hurts to do a visual scan for these killers, especially if you suspect camping.

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90

Song counts as TR on Freddy. Freddy it's 100% impossible to lose TR unless everyone is in the dream. Tapp and Adam's perks both work with the song(doesn't for Huntress though).