Bad news for y'all guys... :(

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but 4-men happens only 5 matches out of 100, and 3-men swf only 10 matches out of 100.

According to official stats:

So I am sorry but those 80 matches you play as a killer are vs solo players.

Remember this while I tell you 2 bad news:

1) Matchmaking is crap because playerbase is shrinking.

One year ago - but even 8 months ago - was not thinkable to have rank 16, rank 8 and rank 4 players in the same match: now is an everyday thing.

That is obviously because tons of surv players left due to the bugs and continuous nerf got sick of the game and just left.

2) Remaining survivors skill is increasing while killer skills is dropping.

Obviously the hardcore survivors that are not quitting the game are better organized and they know what to do without need of communicating: nubs are scared by playing surv and go straight to the fancy full-of-skills killer main.

On the same moment survivors have nothing much to do except learn to survive with the increasing number of obstacles the dev created across 3 years of constant nerf (some of which needed), and got to a point of high efficiency that is mnaking harder and less fun to play killer too.

Pretty good job so far, and get over it... it's only going to get worse.

Comments

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I just love how fake this is. We have seen stats from the devs, and they always look the same, this looks nothing like it. Also, "100 Percantage of players" is incredibly poor english.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,690

This forum never fails to 'impress.'

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111
    edited June 2019
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

So basically, according to the stats, almost every other match has a 2 or 3 man swf

Neat.

• OpenYoureyes

Thanks @Rizzo90 this forum is getting darker and darker.

Now that the Mod vetted my OP, anybody has a contribution that is not deniying facts?

Otherwise I will just leave you guys thinking you play vs a evil horde of millions of 4-men swf.

Or you can get the red pill,  and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Somewhere Peanits retified that it looked closer to 43%. I don't remember where though.

• gantes

Show me the player counts for the game then smartypants.

• gantes
  • gantes

There are PLENTY of healthy discussions about what can be improved about the game to be had without making up "facts". Grow up.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Many of these SWF are not crack swat teams either. They are over altruistic and just messing around most of the time. Much easier than going against veteran solos.

• gantes

@Peanits if you have the time please elaborate on how the party size statistics work.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Yeah it was corrected because if you de-pipped it did not count your original rank 1, but as rank 2, or something. So the rank 1 survival was over inflated.

• OpenYoureyes
    edited June 2019

Believe me, I follow that chart much more than you.

But before I tell you that:

• Player base started dropping exactly in september 2018 and never stopped (check the patchnotes if you want to know why)
    • May peak is a clearly extemporary bug in counts with no confirmation in real-life*
    • June peak is the only real raise in almost a year, due to 3Y Anniversary
    • I am sad that playerbase is dropping, but is not my fault, and I am a victim as you are, having invested money in a game that is disappointing me but I will hope will turn in the right direction again

Apart from trying to confute, which is exactly your point?

That you really play every match vs 4-man swf?

That matchmaking is going ok with NEVER 5 players from the same rank?

Seriously, which is your point?

I made mine and is pretty clear and simple, what is yours?

*I might be wrong on this, but having following the stats for 2 years I am pretty confident something weird is behind that quick and unmotivated raise and drop...

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Correct me if I am wrong but these stats do not show the average party size at certain ranks. Rank 1 will most likely get more SWF and I heard most people are rank 10-20 and I don't think Rank 20s are usually in SWF... I could be wrong though.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

@KillermainBTWm8 You would be correct. This is just an overall representation of possible groupings across all platforms. That kind of information should be included within this chart, but you wouldn't know unless they came out with another graph solely looking at it by rank and platform. This is a more generic breakdown of the numbers they are getting.

• OpenYoureyes
    edited June 2019

You didn't answer.

2018 has been a bull year (until Sept). 2019 has been a heavily bear year, so far.

It's true: this game raises more frome June on, this can still happen and I hope so.

I expect big jump with dedicated servers - unless they screw it up.

I hope, like you, that 10x more people comes back to the game.

But as of today, June 24th, I talk about facts not predictions: player base ran away and you get that matchmaking.

Again: what is your point?

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

This is a whole lie 😂

• gantes

You want anecdotal evidence, I have it too. On 90% of my killer games I never get survivors more than 2 ranks higher or lower than me. There, this is worth as much as your anecdotal evidence. But unlike you, I know it means nothing, so that's why we have, you guessed it, NUMBERS.

• OpenYoureyes
    edited June 2019

"My point is that you're wrong, plain and simple. You offer NO PROOF of a declining playerbase and try to blame the ######### matchmaking on that..."

You are not following: bad matchmaking is a consequence, not the cause.

" while the MUCH more likely answer (and probably one even the devs are gonna agree on) is that the matchmaking they're testing is quite bad and needs improvements."

Sorry, @Peanits just declared in another post they didn't touch the matchmaking since March.

"You can't ask me to prove you're wrong."

I didn't ask you anything, you are trolling for no reason even if all I bring are facts that perfectly explains 2 situations:

• 4-men swf is a rarity (not like the killer consensus wants, sorry)
    • bad matchmaking - reported by many - is caused by playerbase drop (arguable, but the simplest explaination. hope devs will publish data to prove me wrong)

Especially on the second, the playerbase started dropping in Sept '18, causing big issues already during the Serum event (30 mins lobby anyone?) and despite killer mains claiming long lobbies were caused bye "a bug" - fact officially denied by devs - the drop got even worse with the new year, forcing devs to retouch the matchmaking ASAP (around march if I recall).

Now, after few months, you can read again killers complaining about lobbies AND you get the weird ranking matchmaking - not only by individual personal opinion, but everywhere on social and in this forum too: two hints might start to look like an evidence.

Not and endemic problem yet again, but I believe is better to face it and ask devs to take action to give us a playerbase like we had in 2018, that hiding the head under the sand for god knows what.

See you in the fog.

• OpenYoureyes

Some at BHVR might be offended by your unpolite yet very deep opinion.

Outstanding.

• gantes

Please, read my post properly before replying. I know you're saying the bad matchmaking is a consequence, that's exactly what I said. But your point is worthless if you can't prove the playerbase is shrinking in the first place.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I wouldn't trust that chart 100% if I was you. There is a possibility that it's accurate, but I can't get anybody from the development team to verify how the statistics were acquired. If you pay attention, the y-axis is actually marked "percentage of all players" which means the disparity is actually even larger than it appears since it takes 2 of those 2-swf players to make a 2 man swf group and so on meaning the ratio of 4 man swf groups to solo groups is actually only 1/4 of the 4-swf bar. While that in itself is believable, it's unlikely that 2 and 3 man swf groups are that much more popular than 4 man swf groups considering 4 man swf groups would be what most people are actively trying to get when playing swf.

Also, keep in mind that chart was released along side this one which is clearly BS:

The chances that they fudged something up is rather significant. Especially since I've never been able to get any of them to tell me the details on how their data was acquired.

• OpenYoureyes

Agree with you.

Always looking forward to official stats that are lacking more and more (and that is usually not a good sign).

I think bhvr underestimates our perception and how we can contribute.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Based on my own observations I never play against 4 solos. It's always 1 solo and 3 friends, or 2 friends and 2 other friends, followed by 4 man groups. If these statistics are true why not show killers how many friends they are playing against so they can prepare accordingly?

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Two seconds into reading the original post:

• Dehitay

That's correct in that's what's Peanits was communicating to us, but if you stop to think about it, it's kind of extremely suspicious that the survival rate for rank 2 survivors is between 50 and 60% when the survival rate for rank 1 survivors is 43%. I really wouldn't put too much faith in the numbers they throw at us unless they give you enough information on how those numbers were obtained.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

That was after they relaxed the pip requirements and flooded high ranks with noob survivors.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I'm just going to chime in, that graph that you posted was posted after the original stats, it was added in after the devs did a survey with a question about opera.

The reason the stats are "bs" is because people think it's funny to lie about a question which has no relevance on the survey.

You can't dismiss all the other graphs because the devs made a funny question and then pulled stats from it.

• Dehitay

While I admit there's a very real possibility that people were just screwing around when they said they attended the opera daily, anybody who would answer that survey question in a joking matter would probly just choose daily. The fact that weekly and monthly also have a serious influx means they didn't actually take the data from the survey. They just threw in random numbers. If you do the math, you'll also realize they some how managed to get feedback from around 150% of the people who took the survey.

That particular graph was just a joke, but it was also the only graph where we knew exactly how they would have gotten their statistics, and it was the ideal opportunity to show us how they could grab statistics and make a graph.

It also happens to show that they'll recycle stuff from other graphs and not put much effort into a new one. The fact that that particular graph also says percentage of all players when it's clearly only the players that took the survey is proof that they may have just not been paying attention when they labelled it percentage of all players on the graph that shows percentage of swf groups. The y-axis for that graph could very well have been something else but they just labelled it wrong.

• Seanzu

it ain't that deep dude, lmao.

Why design a whole new graph for a joke question?

You guys take this stuff far too seriously, like lives are involved or something.

It's ridiculous.

• Dehitay

You're right, it's not deep. It's incredibly simple. When somebody can't correctly accomplish a very simple task, I don't put my full faith in them for more complex tasks.

• Seanzu

Except, you have no idea how they accomplished it.

I'm sure if the data fitted more what you wanted it too you'd be calling these graphs the next bible and talking down on anyone who opposed them.

Why do you need to know how its accomplished, if they said "We looked at who was queued up together in a lobby and then counted them and added them all up" you'd still call them liars.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Oh i am so triggered right now, i am fuming because you showed me this chart released 2 months ago, oh no i am angry, furious

Can you go now?

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330

Yup good ole party chat, someone told a friend they’d let her die on hook if she didn’t join their swf party chat

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330

The jump from June onwards is because there’s no school.