We should bring back hatch interrupts

MyNamePete
MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I dont see why it was removed in the first place, now survivors just dc or kill themselves to give the last guy hatch because they didnt stand a chance anymore and the last guy just sits on the hatch while the killer cant do anything.

The killer should be able to walk up and grab the survivor again to punish survivors that do this.

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I think hatch interrupts should be a thing whenever someone opens the hatch with a key. I've had plenty of times where I've been chasing a survivor and they just happen to run to the hatch and just jump in.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

They wouldn't return. The killer could still close the hatch and prevent it. Right now it is a bit annoying when a survivor runs to the hatch and jumps in right in front of you when you can't do anything because the option to grab them is no longer available. I don't know if this would be fair though. I like the idea of the first person to find the hatch but I think their should be some sort of consequence for people who taunt you and proceed to jump in right in front of you (and yes, this does happen. I have seen many survivors who will taunt the killer at hatch because they know that they are blocking the killer or in his way of closing it. The killer could also be in the process of closing it and a survivor could still jump through. Don't know if this is a glitch or not.)

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

No, because we should be able to interrupt AND close the hatch. No stand off, die with grace

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

I wouldn't mind since I still bait a hit if I'm going for hatch and we're both there (those hatch standoffs made me paranoid near hatch). Otherwise I'm booking it right out.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Wait no. With a Key there would be a standoff. Since you can't close the hatch before it's opened, the Survivor just waits for you to hit them before opening the hatch, and thus a standoff occurs.

If it had a short channel before the hatch actually opened then that would be better. You could just have time to hit them twice if you got to them at the same time as them (and if they got there ahead of time then they would still get out if the channel was short enough)

Say for example a 4 second channel. Not long enough to stop them if you see them having already started doing it, but long enough to stop them if you are already there.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Do you guys not understand why they changed this?

With the End Game Collapse and being able to grab there is no way to escape with or without a key before the timer runs out if both Killer and Survivor are at the hatch. There is a stand off for 2 minutes and then the Survivor just dies.

Hatch grabs will just create another standoff at the hatch with the EGC.

• NuclearBurrito

@Tizzle actually in that situation there would be no standoff. Since the Killer would just close the hatch and down the survivor normally if he doesn't immediately jump in.

• NuclearBurrito

The only time this would cause a standoff is if a key is involved

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

They were removed because killers have all the power in EGC now. It is not tilted in the survivors favor. Their best hope is to find the hatch. If you put the grab back in, now we have standoffs again.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

@FrenziedRoach is so correct. Please never bring back hatch stand offs. Where it is now is whoever finds it first gets out.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I think grabbing need to be added back. Either that, or seperate unlocking and jumping in hatch, and give the killer priority over closing hatch.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Majority of killers could use that advice when they stop being a killer and take a hostage at the end. Lose with some dignity. But that is another discussion.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Something else you want changed, because... why again? Oh yes, because you feel you deserve to win more than that guy in the opposing side... they could remove the hatch altogether, and a door while we’re at it. So you can win more easily.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

I think they should just remove both of the exit gates and the hatch. That way, survivors will just run around and die over and over again. Fun, right? :D

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Given how heavily sided the entire EGC and hatch closing is in favor of the killer, I don't think this is needed.

• Pleymo92
    Pleymo92 Member Posts: 4

same trick as before, if the survivors gets to open it, just stand above it, they shouldn't get the jump action so you will only waste 30 at max, if not, just close it and deal with it

• darktrix
    edited June 2019

I don't think you can block the hatch anymore, the option to jump in appears when you get close enough to it. Don't need to be on top of it anymore. Same with closing it.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2019

It should be first come first serve with no exceptions in a perfect world with no latency, whoever does their interaction first should win every single time.

So no, keep hatch interrupts out.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Key Meta

• darktrix

Which killers counter with dodge meta, tunnel the key holder meta, and Franklin's meta. Plunderer's a better choice, with a little luck killer will not know you have a key until it is too late.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2019

I have brought a key in pretty much every match, because it isn't fair end game at all. Especially when the doors are within viewing distance of each other and you have only 2 minutes?

I just DC when I know I won't win, waste of time. Being last survivor sucks.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I will tell my killer bretherin the same things I tell survivors - if you don't like how something is and it bothers you so much - equip something that counters it.

Surivovors don't like NOED - then bring perks that help you find totems.

If you hate facing hag (like i do), bring Urban Evasion.

IF YOU REALLY DISLIKE PEOPLE GETTING AWAY USING KEYS, BRING FRANKLIN'S DEMISE

but NEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES should we EVER bring back hatch grabs in any form as hatch standoff's are cancer.

I typically don't call things Cancer - BTW, as it's hyperbolic nonsense to use. But in this case, I feel strongly enough about the state of the hatch game to bring that out.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

No thanks.