The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ghostface Does not Need a nerf. He Definitely needs a buff. [DEVS PLEASE READ. STRAIGHT FACTS]

stalker
stalker Member Posts: 14

Hello everyone,

So me and my friends haven't playing dead by daylight for a long time, and when we saw the Ghostface trailer. we all were so hyped and all installed the game back again.

some time passes

Ghostface got released in PTB, it was absolutely trash, literally not even worth using and we all were so sad but we knew that devs would buff him because nobody would buy a killer with no power.

time passes

Ghostface got released to normal game with major buffs that actually turned him into a normal killer. we were so happy, i instantly bought ghostface with his skins and mained him. (i was a prestige 3 level 50 myers main, so i knew what i was doing)

So, devs are going to nerf ghostface with a hotfix or maybe they already did idk, but he DEFINITELY needs buffs which i will be explaining why.

So ghostface and myers are the only stealth&stalk killers in the game.

What should seperate the killers powers is that;

Michael needs to stalk for a longer time, but Exposes EVERY survivor in the game.

Ghostface needs to stalk for a shorter time, but only exposes the survivor he just stalked.

That is what should seperate the killers from each other.

Now some people will say that michael gets longer terror radius when he stalks.

Well he also gets incredible lunge and Faster Vault speed (which is a big deal) than any other killer out there. And he also gets faster.

Also, hitting a survivor already puts ghostface out of his stealth and it takes pretty long enough to gain his power back.

So Ghostface SHOULDN'T be popped out of his stealth when a survivor looks at him FOR LITERALLY 1.5 seconds which is NOTHING.

or that time should be atleast 5 seconds. because a survivor can literally stop your power. which makes the killer instantly the WORST killer in the game before his power gauge fills back.

Also, You can put Ghostface out of his stealth when he crouches after he notices that he is being looked at because there is a weird delay.

Oh, also, Hooked and downed survivors can put you out of your stealth. Which is Super dumb. and turns to killer into a more complete #########

And lastly,

Perks like Object of Obsession and Premonition dont work on EW1 Myers (Which is when he is stealthy)

But if they did work on myers, it wouldnt really affect him much compared to ghostface.

But hey, THEY DO WORK ON GHOSTFACE! so a survivor with literally just one perk slot can take down your WHOLE POWER! And again, they dont work on myers!

Im literally about to quit the game because of this. the only reason i came back was ghostface and i was really enjoying it until survivors actually figured out how to counter him (which literally took them a couple of days) and its easy as #########.

So Ghostface needs a buff Where survivors cant put you out of your stealth (Which is the smartest option if you look at the facts i've shown) or the timer to pop him off should be Increased A LOT to a number like 5.

Thank you all for reading my article about Ghostface, i hope devs read this and give me a reply, because i think this is really necessary.

Comments

• stalker

Edit:

Also, i just thought of a possible buff for ghostface.

so now there are 3 options

1st: Survivors cant take you out of your stealth by looking at you anymore.

2nd: It takes 5 seconds for survivors to take your out of your stealth.

3rd: It takes 3 seconds for survivors to take you out of your stealth and the person who took you out gets exposed.

• ProFortniteDancer
    ProFortniteDancer Member Posts: 14

Well, since people can break him out, I feel like that's fair. Plus people can break you out by standing behind a cover...

But I agree, 5 seconds is too long, 2 to 3 seconds (with addons ?) would be good.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

So I actually think ghost face is quite balanced. The only thing i would take away is telling him where the survivor is that breaks him out of his ability.

He can loose his terror radius and I find my deaths to escapes vs him are balanced. He is so hard to mind game because of his height and hiding red stain. I play the same person multiple times and get mixed games wins vs losses.

The one thing I find an issues is I spot him first and can't break him out of it or I am immersed hiding and I look his way and break him out of his ability and now I am in chase because he wasn't as sneaky as me. That's quite cheap.

Most survivors are up in arms about how strong he is. I don't think he is that bad but it sucks that him skrewing up his ability puts me in danger.

• ProFortniteDancer
    ProFortniteDancer Member Posts: 14

He is balanced, but there are issues. The one you mentionned is a feature.

Well what if I told you that Night Shroud is a Killer ability and therefore survivors shouldn't be able to break it. It is the same. You can counter him but he gets noticed (it bugs, it doesn't always tell you), he still has to run to you in order to hit you.

Survivors being able to break him out behind cover is just ridiculous, but that's not in the "hotfix" weirdly.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I'm holding back what is and isnt a bug because the devs done strewed the pooch with this update.

I know he then has to chase me, but I think he is good at any loop with a high wall. He can also 99 you and come back later in stealth mode and finish you with a GGEZ and a teabag.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

The only Survivors that are up in arms, are the one's that haven't figured out they control his power. He is balanced at green ranks and weak in purple. Hilariously weak at red ranks. The time to knock him out needs to be increased slightly and hooked and downed Survivor's ability to break him out NEEDS to go. He also needs some sort of movement speed buff when in, or out, of his power.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Idk he is also god tier with big building basement plays even more so than LF

• stalker

Ok beside from everything i said.

what about myers not being effected by Object of Obsession and premonition but ghostface is? because that is just ridicilous. a perk can literally STOP THE KILLERS POWER, a SINGLE ######### PERK

• Mänzel
    Mänzel Member Posts: 73

I would consider this as an exchange...

His ability has a CD like forever... U can even reveal him whole you are behind a rock or a wall. So I think this is OK or you lower the CD in exchange.

Actually hesimply doesn't feel good...

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

5 seconds is probably too much, 2 seconds could be enough

I wish the noise he makes when in stealth went away, it's so annoying

• RicardiBacardi
    RicardiBacardi Member Posts: 77

Get in line, Legion Mains have been waiting for a long time buffs or fixes and they don't even respond to them.

• stalker

legion got SOOOO many changes already, it got reworked like 2 times. it got buffed and nerfed and buffed and nerfed and the current state of him is probably wont change because he was changed too much and now he is like mid tier.

but ghostface is a new and a licensed killer, so they need to make him stable and good, because nurse and hillbilly are the only viable killers on red ranks now. we need something new. which a character like ghostface, a horror classic would definitely be awesome.

• stalker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOP6n4kVnP4

Also just watch this video from tru3ta1ent which proves how actually week the killer is lmfao. i really wasted all my money on this killer with his skins. feels so bad.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

He doesn't need a buff, he just needs fixed. Taking him out of his ability is impossible sometimes and it is really frustrating as survivor. People cry about a "massive nerf" but I don't think it'll destroy him as much as people think. The good killers at this game will still get 4k quite easily.

They said they will look at aura reading perks to help the stealth killers so we'll see what happens there.

The hook and downed survivor thing is to stop campers which I fully agree with. Just don't be dumb and pop your ability next to them. Once again this won't affect to many good killers.

• RicardiBacardi

They only changed it to nerf them once, in the 2.7.0. They never buff them.

And if im wrong, pls tell me how and when they buffed them.

• stalker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peFfFHqBk-c

watch this video, this version of legion is the buffed version. and prob was the strongest version of him.

when he was first introduced, his power was nothing similar to what it is in this video and what it is now, you had to get 3 successful hits on an injured survivor to down him with feral frenzy.

• RicardiBacardi

But thats not the buffed Legion, thats the standard/old Legion.

It required to get 4 successful FF hits, with Frank mixtape 3.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

The common awnser needs to be briugh the up again.

If their power helps in the chase they are usually good.

If it's doesn't they're usually bad.

If it partially does they are fairly balanced.

Ghostfaces power partially helps in the chase with exsposure, so I doubt he needs a Nerf.

• Janick
    Janick Dev Posts: 170

Hello

With the buffer, the current timer at the moment its actually 1.8 sec.

Thank you!

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Stop wasting REAL MONEY on joke killers....

just use NURSE!

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136
    edited June 2019

"He doesn't need a buff, he just needs fixed. Taking him out of his ability is impossible sometimes and it is really frustrating as survivor. "

Wat.

Seriously, he is the easiest Killer to cuck. Even mediocre survivors can break him out of stealth with little effort. You can even break him out when he's supposed to be "hidden". I've experienced this from both sides.

The general consensus is that he is weak and his power is mostly in the hands of the survivors.

"People cry about a "massive nerf" but I don't think it'll destroy him as much as people think. The good killers at this game will still get 4k quite easily."

Those tiny changes make a huge difference overall. He is already very easy to break out of stealth, therefore making it even easier will make him even weaker. 4% doesn't sound like a big change, but they also thought making Plague a tiny bit slower while holding her puke wouldn't be a big deal either. Now she's lower mid-tier at best and barely anyone plays her.

And can we stop with this delusion that 4k-ing with Killer is easy? Even with a strong Killer (which GF is not), getting a 4k at mid-to-high ranks usually requires more than a modicum of sweat on the Killer's behalf, assuming they aren't camping/tunneling/slugging for the win.

I swear, I'm going to make a compilation video of all the high-tier players, streamers, and fog whisperers demonstrating just how weak Ghost Face is, because all the evidence is there, plain as day. Maybe if it was all aggregated, there would be less dispute, but I doubt it.

• stalker

so, do you guys think of any buffs, or atleast not nerf him?

and you definitely should do something about object of obsession and premonition.

now you might say "Not many people use OoO already, so it would change the meta to take the risk of using it"

but a lot of people do use premonition including me.

detection perks not working against michael but working against ghostface shouldnt be a thing.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

The only thing I don’t get with this immunity thing is people are comparing tier 1 Myers (no TR and immunity to detection perks but poor lunge, no instadowns, barely any chase capability and reduced movement speed) to ghostface at base (normal movement speed, can expose fast especially while leaning, no TR while in shroud/stalking) I’m not a fan of this comparison because tier 1 Mikey is actively trying to get to his exposed tier/out of tier 1 being detected would make getting out of tier 1 even more difficult and tier 1 is by no means a great place to be stuck hence immunity only in this tier. Compare this to ghostface who can move at normal MS and jump straight to exposed, pig is also not immune because she has a normal attack and MS out of her stealth, OoO and premonition I kind of get because they’re directional but premonition, even then, detection is it’s only drawcard (all also work on Myers from tier 2, so 90% of the match) but spine chill should still work on him.

I’d be fine with removing his stealth noise (which makes no sense to exist in the first place since as it’s directional I can track him through walls...), slightly increasing the reveal to 2s (maybe 2.5 with addons) and maybe a slight MS buff while in night shroud and not stalking to help a little with his lack of map pressure.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

When people say it's not a nerf and it's not that bad they aren't seeing the big picture of their own statement.

''It's not that bad, it's not a nerf'' ok so the change is so small it's not a nerf, gotcha. WHY TOUCH HIM AT ALL THEN?

If the tweak is SO SMALL why do it? He doesn't need the tweak, he is not oiverpowered where the hotfix change will balance him. He is so weak where the hotfix will break him so why change anything?

The point is that Ghostface is in a good spot, he's fine. As a Survivor I have no problem breaking him, sure I get Exposed sometimes during it but it's because I need practice, THAT'S MY FAULT, not Ghostface. The little tweak is to make it easier for Survivors, they don't need it, Ghostface doesn't need the nerf. He's fine, his add-ons are fine his detection is #########.

If they are going to fix ANYTHING they need to fix the distance where Survivors can break him out. 32 meters is too far. 24 meters should be minimum but no they want to make the area to break him out even bigger. Not like he can be broken out behind walls or anything, not like he can have Survivors stalk him the entire game and nullify his powers, not like Survivors can hear him in stealth. The notion that he needs a nerf is ludicrous, oh sorry a ''tweak'' to ######### him over some more, my bad.

• One thing I have noticed, if you do not have any increase stalking rate addons at High Rank, it's completely impossible to get anyone to exposed status, unless you employ big brain plays and survivors are dumb.

How are you guys doing that? or Could Ghostface be buffed in the Stalking department.

• stalker

im actually having no problems with getting people exposed lately,

but the detection perks and hooked/downed survivors revealing ghostface needs to go.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

But this is behavior, don't do anything, except stupid nerfs

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

This is too true. I've actually gotten killed by accidentally revealing him while healing.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Don't look at him with the center of your screen? Seriously you have the other 96% of your screen to watch leany boi

• Stinky
    Stinky Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2019

I don't know if Buffing or Nerfing Killers or their Perks will help. I feel far too many Killer Mains are too dependent on their Builds/Killer. The more of an edge Killers get to make the game easier for them the less skilled you get as a Player.

Survivor Mains are usually more skilled at using the enviroment to their advantage than many Killer Mains for this reason.

The best players I've encountered usually play both Survivor and Killer near equally.

Killers get too much love from the Devs as it is. And that's on top of Killers basicly having 5 Perks.

If you can't play without at least two Locater Perks (BBQ, NC etc.) you're simply bad at the game.

Solution: Git Gud.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Lmao no they have 4 perks and a power because that how 4v1 works one is inherently stronger

• Stinky
    Stinky Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2019

Yes, and combined with the other 4 perks some are stronger than others. It's just a "set" perk. Call it whatever you want.

It's also completely besides the point

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited June 2019
  • AIG1992
    AIG1992 Member Posts: 98

What is this too much love you speak of? Nerfs? Yea, that's real love right there.

• fahad0595
    fahad0595 Member Posts: 57

idc about ghost face hope they nerf it to the ground .. the hell with it. nerf or buff we all can agree his detection is broken and it need to be fixed

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Lmao we don't all agree one side says its too hard (noob survs that have no clue where to look) and the other says its too easy (killers that play surv often enough but know where to place GF on their screen)

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94

one thing i would change would be the survivors seeing him on hooks when clearly you are out of view. First person view only on hooks be a nice addition.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264

The big problem with GF is that the devs didn't give him the tools to make his play-style work.

It's virtually impossible to stalk once good survivors are on the lookout for you. Meaning that they can just look around for a dude in a mask and run/hide/look at you before you can get your power off.

The solution to this is to give him the ability to easily position and reposition himself to stealthily stalk.

My proposed solution to this is to have him slowly turn invisible over 5 seconds when outside 32m or 24m of survivors. I mean full invisibility, with a speed boost too similar to wraith.

This part will make it so that GF can position himself well to stalk on people, like a movie killer would, you don't see a movie killer walking around then stalking you, you just look around and... there he is, looking at you. How long has he been there?

Actively stalking someone would remove the invisibility even if outside of the survivor radius, taking 5-10seconds or w/e to activate again once you stop talking.

Also, when you successfully stalk someone, you should get 2 buffs:

The first would give you a good speed boost that diminishes over time to help you close in on your victim. (So that you close in fast, but are back to normal speed once you get closer) The buff wouldn't stack for multiple stalked survivors, but would simply be re-applied if a new survivor is fully stalked.

The second would give a stacking buff for every survivor fully stalked to certain actions or something, like vaulting, stun time, pallet break, etc. This buff would last as long as the survivors are red stalked, once you hit them or the time runs out, their part of the buff disappears. This is to encourage GF to get in a good position to stalk as many survivors as possible instead of just rushing in ASAP.

I would also suggest making being fully stalked apply a 'nervous' status effect on the survivor. This would simply slow down non-chased based actions by a bit, like 25% or something, and make skill checks harder until they aren't exposed, just to slow down the game a tiny bit, AND again, encourage GF to be stealthy and stalky.

I feel like these changes, if properly done, would make GF his own killer instead of a ######### MM. his playstyle would be less about mindgame or brute strength, but more about being smart about how you position yourself to stalk survivors, then rushing in like a madman to get the kill.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

This is a dumb argument. Playing only one killer 24/7 is boring, especially when all the killers are unique. The devs really need too take time too buff the weaker killers and make them viable at high ranks so it's not just Nurse, Billy, and Spirit.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Well the devs aren't going to do anything about it so its going to be the same three super powered killers vs all the toxic SWFs