The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chuckie

I feel like the slasher killer gang is all here now except chuckie and jason, I hear jason is in talks right now but as for chuckie... how the hell would he be implemented him especially since he is so short and what powers would he have? I would like to start a thread discussing this. Any ideas?

other popular ideas are pinhead, jeepers creepers, and alien maybe? alien is a long shot since it's not human but a "the alien" killer with their own twist on old school scifi aliens would be cool

Comments

• JanDenmark
    JanDenmark Member Posts: 46
    1. Chucky*
    2. Jason is impossible since he is locked because of lawsuits and claims on him.

• Lothak
    Lothak Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019

Chucky has shown dragging people great distances with little effort and lifting with a noose as well. He is also a master of voodoo so..... He has a lot of unseen bag of tricks up his sleeves.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

If they did implement chucky they couldn't use the doll version, and cannon wise they couldn't use the man either (since he lost his actual body to the cops and is why he wanted to transfer into the kid). Beyond that the entity tends to take killers (and survs) along with their bodies so that's also a no go so looks like we might never get chucky unless the devs make it part of his lore that the entity either restored his body or that he found another body to inhabit so lets keep dreaming

• Spookemuptwitch
    Spookemuptwitch Member Posts: 61

they managed to get creative liberties with ghostface. All they need for chucky is name

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136

I see so many people asking for Chucky. He's really not that scary or that efficient of a killer. The Chucky movies themselves have gotten increasingly more tongue-in-cheek because they know it's not really scary enough to be taken seriously.

Chucky's kills always relied on him using his small size to set traps undetected, or to gain the element of surprise against those who think he's just a doll. He was never one of those "run around and chop people up" kind of slashers. I don't even think he could catch up to a normal-sized person in full sprint with his tiny legs. Can you imagine how silly it would be to see a 2-foot tall doll running around these maps? The devs would have to put his camera higher than his face just so he wasn't getting constant grass-vision.

• VamplifeVone
    VamplifeVone Member Posts: 13

From what I understand it would be to costly to change animations in the game for a crawler also awkward to play smaller characters if you played any of the shorter killers such as pig with her crouching mechanics and Ghostface with his it's just I'm practical for this type of game to have a really shorter killer even playing as legion can be a little disorienting with their height Jason Voorhees would be a great addition to Dead By Daylight tho part 8 is on my wishlist

• Spookemuptwitch

drag people not carry them. "setting traps" seems like it could be used. Haven't seena trapping killer in a min. Also like comedy horror is subjective. To me and many fans all the killers in the game are not scary we just like the genre. As for size there is like a 4 ft tall darth vader doll at walmart. Use those dimensions abiet he would be the shortest killer and have less sight, just make his mechanics that much stronger

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Chucky needs to eat his spinach every day, grow a few more feet, then he's good to go for this game.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2019

Jason is possible learned from lawsuit from larry zelner that could call your killer vorhees and it be legal. Also learned from ghostface that if get licensed mask and alter the outfit can add in any icon.

Chucky could work if you put charles lee ray soul behind the doll to do the heavy lifting animations like breaking pallets and picking up survivor. With voodoo magic they have made almost anything possible in franchise.

Think chucky be better suited in a different enviromental kill game. Since he is small could slip through vents and set things off in home alone death house. Plus in same game could play as death and add final destination enviromental kills. Jigsaw would work great with same formula.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

They didn't buy the rights to the movie GF they bough the rights for the mask (where the movie people bought the rights as well) and they why they got such creative liberty @Spookemuptwitch I don't know why everyone thanks they bought the rights from the movie people

• Spookemuptwitch

I didn't "thanks" they bought the movie rights. I just said they managed to get creative freedom.

• Spookemuptwitch

honestly, you could just make the character charles lee ray that way the model is man sized and make his power the doll/voodoo oriented

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

You say impossible as if the lawsuit will never end, which is laughably false

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

You do realize that most of the licensed killers have very little to no effect on the lore right? Realistically The Pig would've probably been tortured in order to kill a group of people she's never seen or heard of ever. So allowing a Doll killer into the game isn't impossible

• VamplifeVone
    VamplifeVone Member Posts: 13

Besides myself there was a woman tread I came across and she had some pretty good ideas for Chuck I thought chucky would be cool as hell in dbd but in reality he would not be fun to play as or fun to be I'm pretty sure the devs have a way to make it work but it still would be bad because of the hieght difference if you barley enjoy playing legion or trying to pull dash attacks in pigs crouch stance because you can't see over the grass these are tell takes that allow you to see how annoying it would be to play as chucky if the biggest fans say they give up you should to

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Would love to see chucky in dbd.