edited June 2019 in General Discussions

So here is a small list of things I have gathered from the latest update:

Wake Up exploit

Thanatophobia Glitch

BBQ, WGLF tokens not showing

PWYF Glitch

Sounds are off

On Console I have noticed:

Sometimes actions are broken, in that every now and then you can't heal a survivor, can't dead hard, can't wiggle free, can't repair a gen from a certain side and, most importantly, CAN'T ESCAPE THE TRIAL THROUGH THE GATES.

I have been playing this game for the last two years, has anyone ever remembered such a buggy update?

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

No, the most broken update was with the flashlights and pallets that automatically stun the killer when he had a survivor on his shoulder.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Not really. It's a quite broken update, but there were worser patches. It was before my time, but apparantly winter 2016 was pretty horrible as well. And we faced a good amount of other bugs and glitches in the past, like game hostage spots e.g.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Puking with Plague at the end of the game cause it to crash..

But like, its not the most broken update. Its just more broken than usual.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I hate it when I try to heal someone and the option doesn’t show up and the other person is there waiting and it feels as if I’m trolling them

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

i think you forgot the legion addons that cause vaults to be slower? i don't remember which addons

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

oh yes also that sweet feature.. apparantly they want to shadow nerf survivors even more

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

Confirmed.

Played a game where skill checks would not appear for me only the sound. I managed to hit a hex skill check... After failing 10

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60

I'm sure I have forgotten a couple other things, but the list seems lengthy.

Also I remember the instant blinds! Holy hell what a time to be Killer XD

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214

I haven’t played nearly as much this patch as normal on PS4. I miss the music so much even in the character selection. I do appreciate hearing survivors better but sometimes the sound seems to cut out and frame rates seem to be going everywhere. Thought an update today’s but no 😩

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

The patch right after pig with the first lunar event was the worst tbh...

That was horrible

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

If by "broken" we mean full of game breaking bugs then yes.

Keep in mind that the first Lunar Patch was broken regarding the balance.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

You forgot Legion's Nasty blade add ons where it makes Survivors slower altogether.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

What is the PWYF glitch?

I run it on Bubba, just played a match and saw no difference

• silasbleu
    silasbleu Member Posts: 181

Also the getting glued to trees issues is back. ;(

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

@Ihatelife I'd say that was the most intentionally broken update. As far as bugs go, this one is pretty bad.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The most broken update ever had Michael Myers with Hillbilly’s Chainsaw.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,164
    edited June 2019

I get that the company has bills to pay, but they can't keep kicking the can down the road with the spaghetti code. They have to address it at some point. At what point does this become untenable? Based on how buggy every single update is, should we have any confidence that the dedicated servers won't be a complete disaster? We're at least 6 months behind on bug fixes. I'm still getting 3 man lobbies and that has been around since the Legion update. If they're serious about a Battlepass, 100% of that money should go to QA.

• SOD
    SOD Member Posts: 6

Do you want to destroy Dead by Daylight, BHVR?

Wake up bug exploit

Skin bug. Skin Claudette dont arm hag's trap

Pip error bug. I lost all my pips after message "Player pip error"

Pallet bug

Long queue killer

Bad optimization!

OP addons distance and addtional blinks. Dont nerf Nurses addons but u want nerf Ghostface... OMG

AND DECREASE COOLDOWN OF NIGHT SHROUD!

DONT NERF GHOSTFACE, BEHAVIOR! And fix this reveal.

In these steps, I give just one more year of Dead by Daylight. I play since 2016 .

I'm losing my patience with this game. : )

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Literally every update this is said... Crying wolf every update makes it more difficult for the Devs to take anyone seriously on this...

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

It's almost like delaying a chapter release should occur to work on the ever growing list of bugs/glitches/gamebreaking bugs

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited June 2019

Guess you weren't around when Killers could queue up any Killer with a chainsaw.

Where Survivors could use an Ebony Mori offering and the Killer could take advantage of it.

Watching Survivors run around the map with a chainsaw or traps in their hand.

Ability to P3-50 their character instantly with an in game exploit.

Killers using Bond and Empathy.

These bugs seem pretty minimal in comparison.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Don't forget having graphics issues with resolution. I have my settings set to low, but it will radomly get pixelated or blurry.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,995

And don't forget they was also running BOND. (Yes, that Bond, the Survivor perk, for anyone who wasn't around).

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

nothing will beat the killer using bond glitch

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Ah yes, the tail end of the dark days. I remember that one.

Stacking Unrelenting 4x (back when Unrelenting helped both hits and miss cooldowns) was what many killers did. Imagine a killer with literally no cooldowns in their swings, hit or miss. And people thought the old Legion was bad. LOL