Boil Over Buff

Options
Bludge23
Bludge23 Member Posts: 234
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

To improve boil over, I was thinking why not disable the nearest usable hook a killer can use? Also increasing the perks effectiveness to 100% instead of 75% so that iron grasp doesn't make a useless perk completely useless while still being good against it. The aura reading for the hooks seem useless if killers are able to see hooks that close anyway. It would be cool if it received bloodpoints in the struggle category but I doubt they'd do all this. Thanks for reading.

Post edited by Bludge23 on

Comments

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
  • Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

Hello there. Moved this to Balance Feedback as this is not a bug. :)

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

I think the idea is a cool one. The thing is, representing the killers inability to not use a hook would be difficult.

thematically, the entity doesn’t help the survivors. The survivors don’t get anything “supernatural” to assist them. So blocking generators makes sense. Blocking hooks... I mean not so much. Again simply from a theme point of view. Maybe the entity decides it suddenly wants to help survivors. That doesn’t connect with me as much.

And breaking the closest hook would still be supernatural in nature, since a survivor isn’t doing anything (like breakdown actually have the survivor right there for example)

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Options

@Bludge23 I would rather have it extend to 20 meters and to increase the "yank" effect by another 30% because it's more of a small annoyance than really worth it. I think that would be fair?

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Honestly they should buff both of the default values: 50%/75%/100% for wiggle effect and 14/28/42 meters for hook aura obscuring. That way it’ll be on the killer to actively look for and remember hook locations instead of just getting a “hook’s here dumbass” aura.

• Bludge23
    Options

Sorry, I didn't know where to find the right thread because I am new here. Thanks for moving it to the right location.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

You're most welcome, and no problem! 😁

• Bludge23
    Options

I was thinking of disabling the next usable hook that the killer could use. I guess I worded it differently.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477
    Options

I think boil over should just be the complete opposite of iron grip. Keep the % increase for struggle effects as is, but also allow for a slight % increase to the effectiveness of a survivor's struggling.