Secondary objective to balance the game pace for both solo and swf? read before judge

So the major problem right now other than some bad map desing, hitboxes(we are getting some reworks and dedicated server for this), is the game going too fast, leaving some killers completely helpless.. Also doing the generators with ruin, or just m1 skillcheck simulator after ton of hours becomes pretty boring... but adding a secondary objective without doing some changes to the base may hurt too much solo survivors(this idea probably would still hurt them but you know it's hard..).. here's an idea to make the game last longer, but more fun and balanced overall

So one generator without toolbox tooks for 1 survivor 80 seconds to be repaired, there are 7 gens on the map, and only 5 needs to be repaired to power up the gate, wich takes 20 seconds to open.

• decrease generator time to be repaired to 60 seconds for 1 survivor without toolbox(so the changes also apply when multiple survivors are working on the same gen or with toolboxes, prove thyself etc..)
  • After 5 generators are completed survivors needs to search 6 batteries who randomly spawn on the map( 3 to power up 1 gate). When at least 3 batteries are found, you have 40 seconds with skillcheck(snapping out of it like) to insert them into the power gate. if you fail the skillcheck there is a power gate regression by 10%. After succesfully done the second objective you have the normal 20 seconds to open the gate (note: if only one survivors is alive and the hatch is closed, there is no need to look for batteries you only need to open the gate )
  • Another way to escape is so needed, i tought 4 pieces of ladder who randomly spawn on the map after three generators are completed.. you can put them (at least 2 for 1 survivor to escape) at the wall(to the left or right near to the exit gate), you have 20 seconds with hard skillcheck(ds like) to climb over, if you miss skillcheck you fall out of the ladder and need to climb again(The killer can stop you from climbing). The penalty is that you can't go back to the game, so you can't stay for help your teammates. Also the ladder automatically breaks if one survivors climbed it.(this way is a good help for solo players)
  • The hatch spawns only after all generators are completed or if only one survivor is still alive

Sorry for my english but this is an idea to balance the game for solo and swf, while adding a secondary objective, make the game last longer and more fun overrall.. Even if the generators time is reduced, adding a secondary objective makes the game last longer, and for not hurt solo players i added another way to escape, but this will leave the teamates in danger and is an ego way to escape. Whispers may become new meta instead of ruin with these changes, Since more player will play immersive.

Don't eat me is just an idea, i play both survivors and killers a lot, mostly solo.

Comments

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    edited June 2019

note: a battery could be inserted separately, 13 second with skillcheck for battery

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

A 2nd objective for survivors should be doable at the beginning of or during the "main part" of the match.

If the 2nd objective means spending a lot more time at the exit gates, it makes it too easy for the killer to prevent the survivors from doing their 2nd objective.

Maybe you can adjust your concept, if you'd like?

Also: How are survivors supposed to find a small item lying on the ground somewhere on the map without having any indication where it is?

• lunaticlifter

@NoShinyPony maybe rework some perk like small game just for this main objective, it would works just like totem... probably you are right we need something during the mid game, but i think in this way, would still be improved the lenght of the game

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

or detective hutch i think its called 1 of dectective tapp perk

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Naw, just run NOED

Boom, now you have a second (optional) objective.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

THIS^^

Like you said before, survivors beg for second objective, when you give them one with NOED, they dont like it

LUL

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@lunaticlifter @Tru3Lemon

Perks can't be obligatory for the survivors to do a 2nd objective. They can be designed to help a bit, but it must absolutely be possible to do the objective without perks or items.

@FrenziedRoach

Cleansing 5 totems doesn't take long, especially when a survivor brings a perk as help. That's nowhere near enough the much needed additional time for the killer.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

@lunaticlifter If the batteries can be found during the game and can be put on the gate too then i think it would be fine. With a slightly long time to put it on. With EGC a shorter time or the 13 secs. Also instead of batteries it can be the lightblubs from the gate.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I like the concept, but the ladder idea is a bit far off. It would allow too much trolling if one person spent the game getting the ladder pieces and then some survivor just runs up and takes it before he can get on. Otherwise I like the idea of the batteries, but It should be for the start of the game since with NOED around it would be too strong for killers.

• lunaticlifter

@BunnyTheHutt @Elk yeah those are good ideas, noed is a problem if they add a secondary objective, either they nerf noed or allowing them to search for batteries during the game

@NoShinyPony yeah it probably would be better during the game, but for swf it would still be a joke.. i agree perks like noed, only gives you an optional objective, not main

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    edited June 2019

@lunaticlifter They can use the idea of the Lunar year event. If you find the battery in-game, the survivor will sparkle. If survivor with battery is hooked the battery would spawn in a different or same location. If the survivor puts in the battery in the door and finishes the killer gets a notification or something like that to know if the door was messed with. When you, the survivor, is moving around the top right of you screen will show a battery or something like those other events.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

So, now you force survivors to run a specific perk in order to have a decent chance of finding some type of hidden battery? No, this would be and even bigger bloodbath.

I know there is a lot of focus on second objectives, but there really is not a need for it until you get to purple and red ranks. Green and yellow rank survivors are already dying in droves. It would stifle out new players as well.

I get the idea being thrown around, but I hope the developers are very careful before putting anything in. It could easily strangle the population even more.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I like the battery idea, but I would say it should be a thing that could be done at any time in the match, so one survivor could focus on exit gates, and there would be a consequence if no one went with this objective in the end game.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Battery makes no sense, gasoline makes more sense.

Ladder is a good idea to be honest.

Introducing secondary objectives needs a lot of balancing. See here you guys are just trying to balance at the high end at Rank 1.

The problem is this causes a sea of blood at lower ranks.

Any suggestions you make have to take into consideration making sure there are still Survivors left to play the game at Rank 20.

• Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 89

Secondary objectives are a good idea when the killer has been Gen rushed - but not when survivors are struggling against a strong killer and barely surviving.

I think there should be some sort of "gearing" mechanism, whereby the entity helps out the side that is struggling. These could be varied and random, but as fair as possible. So if survivors complete the last gen, within a certain time, with one or zero sacrifices, then they have to find batteries or whatever.

Conversely, if the killer gets 2 sacrifices with no gens done, then something happens: such as the killer's location is shown for a few seconds at random intervals.

Something like this would be difficult to balance and there'd be complaints, as well as people trying to find workarounds. But I'd love to see any addition to the game that makes it more fun for everyone.

• lunaticlifter

@warlock @Mochan @Impact yeah i try to balance the game at high ranks... i guess only ruin and noed needs to be changed in order to make a second main objective fair and balanced also for lower ranks.. i don't know like gives noed 5 % speed, and 30% reduced cooldown on succesful and missed attacks, without the instadown.. Ruin only decrease generetor speed repairing by 20% without affecting skillcheck until the totem is cleansed..as for the batteries things of course, survivors needs some way to locate them, not only by a perk, i don't know, like for generators we have the aerial, we may give batteries some red intermitting lights(the bulbes over the exit gates basically)..

• Nosplash
    Nosplash Member Posts: 77

Exactly what you said. I don't think most of the players can play for many hours and i guess most appreciate how long a match takes. Adding a second objective would increase that time and make it longer/harder and as such maybe not as much fun for everyone. To me dbd is a relatively quick game and it's not designed to do "many" things to "win". Just quick fun. Ruin extends the time but it's still enjoyable. I think the game is good the way it is